It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s notes at gun-violence meeting include reminder: ‘I hear you’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
It's called being prepared, something the alt-left don't understand.

It's not "being prepared" when you need a CHEAT SHEET to remind you to say the oh-so-complicated phrase "I hear you".

THAT is a sign of some REAL issue, either cognitive or coaching a sociopath on how to appear normal.

Possibly a combination of the two.

It's what you'd hand an alien trying to be human in a sitcom. Like something Dick Solomon would have needed.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Kryties

Right, because if you look right here on ATS, the left is a great source of substance and inspiration.

The left, middle and right of center (still strange how you guys think it is only the left that finds Trump an embarrassment)
is virtually the only source of facts and truth on ATS,

which regularly triggers the "born in Kenya", "terrorist fist bump", pizzagate and "microchips" ad infinity crowd.

You guys wouldn't know truth if it slapped you in the face.

Right.
See the post above yours post where your buddy is promoting Pizzagate for evidence of the right wings credibility.

If you really want to feel a little ill, search around and see how many right-wing talking heads are calling these survivors "crisis actors".

Scratch that...You wouldn't be offended at all.

edit on 22-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
You people are pathetic. The man is speaking in public and has notes.

I just can't....

what is wrong with that? being someone with social anxiety myself i understand exactly how hard it is to respond quickly to people without saying something i wasn't trying to say and people like us generally need time to think before articulating our words and anticipating answers then writing it down beforehand is very helpful.

i honestly think trump has social anxiety and so something like this is hardly a surprise to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: jimmyx

So if his notes were the same boiler-plate answers that every other politician gives on this issue that would be better?

His notes WERE the same boilerplate answers every politician gives, and he STILL needed a cheat sheet to say "I hear you"!

Hell, with a little googling we will probably find that he plaguerized items 1 through 5 from some Town Hall Pres. Obama or Michelle Obama gave.

"Quick!!...We have to make him sound human! Somebody search up things Pres. Obama said at times like this!"

Have you ever used notes in a setting like this?

You write down something quick that will remind you each point you want to hit, and then you expand on that impromptu. It was a reminder to make sure he stressed to the kids that we are listening, they are being heard. Take a speech class.

ETA: The sad part is, every single journalist and pundit that is commenting on this like it was anything other than a bullet point have all taken a speech class and know for a fact they're misrepresenting what his notes meant. They're deliberately lying to you, and you fell for it.

really?.....so if you went to a funeral, would you have to write on a note card, that when talking to the dead persons family, you have to listen, or, to make sure you say "i hear you"...you would need to write that down?.....did you eat lead paint chips as a child?....did trump?

by the way, in high school, I was on the debate team and took oratory class all 4 years as an elective....and NOT ONCE did I have to write myself a note saying "be sure to listen"...or.... "i hear you"

But you did learn in those classes that for some people such notes are effective, so they taught you several different methods of using notes for public speaking. And you know that. Just because you don't need them doesn't mean other people don't use such notes. You know that. Stop being dishonest and misleading people. Is honest posts really so much to ask on here?

nope, NONE had to write down "I hear you" or, "I'm listening to you"......we learned that in kindergarten, maybe 1st or 2nd grade, and at home, and at grandmas house, at stores, talking to our friends, etc......waaaaaaaaaay before high school......but, according to you, I'm being dishonest or misleading....because, you know, I'm a liberal.......got it.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

originally posted by: Edumakated
You people are pathetic. The man is speaking in public and has notes.

I just can't....

what is wrong with that? being someone with social anxiety myself i understand

Trump? you think Trump suffers from social anxiety? gets nervous speaking?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

So if his notes were the same boiler-plate answers that every other politician gives on this issue that would be better?

His notes WERE the same boilerplate answers every politician gives, and he STILL needed a cheat sheet to say "I hear you"!

Hell, with a little googling we will probably find that he plaguerized items 1 through 5 from some Town Hall Pres. Obama or Michelle Obama gave.

"Quick!!...We have to make him sound human! Somebody search up things Pres. Obama said at times like this!"

You write down something quick that will remind you each point you want to hit

Yes. On panels I have sat on I write down statistics or numbers or citations.

Never had to write down something like "I hear you".

What is on the back of the notecard "Your name is Donald?"...or "Don't fart loudly!"?

He's not quoting Cicero.

"I hear you" is pretty damn easy to remember for people with a functional brain.

If he isn't having some cognitive issues, then that means it was a reminder to say something to give the impression he gave # and was actually listening and if he needs to be reminded by his staff to look like he gives a # while talking to survivors of a school massacre, that is it's own box of what-the-hell is wrong with this guy.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You write down something quick that will remind you each point you want to hit, and then you expand on that impromptu. It was a reminder to make sure he stressed to the kids that we are listening, they are being heard. Take a speech class.

ETA: The sad part is, every single journalist and pundit that is commenting on this like it was anything other than a bullet point have all taken a speech class and know for a fact they're misrepresenting what his notes meant. They're deliberately lying to you, and you fell for it.

really?.....so if you went to a funeral, would you have to write on a note card, that when talking to the dead persons family, you have to listen, or, to make sure you say "i hear you"...you would need to write that down?.....did you eat lead paint chips as a child?....did trump?

by the way, in high school, I was on the debate team and took oratory class all 4 years as an elective....and NOT ONCE did I have to write myself a note saying "be sure to listen"...or.... "i hear you"

But you did learn in those classes that for some people such notes are effective, so they taught you several different methods of using notes for public speaking. And you know that. Just because you don't need them doesn't mean other people don't use such notes. You know that. Stop being dishonest and misleading people. Is honest posts really so much to ask on here?

nope, NONE had to write down "I hear you" or, "I'm listening to you"......we learned that in kindergarten, maybe 1st or 2nd grade, and at home, and at grandmas house, at stores, talking to our friends, etc......waaaaaaaaaay before high school......but, according to you, I'm being dishonest or misleading....because, you know, I'm a liberal.......got it.

So only notes that are word for word what you saw in your class are legit? So if I gave a speech on something you never had to address in any of your classes, my notes would obviously contain words and phrases that you never saw in your class, but they would be illegitimate according to you because you never saw a note like that?

How ridiculous do we have to get to spin this into something it's not? Stop being dishonest. Notes can be legit even if they contain words you haven't seen before. We're not talking about publishing a list of what's a legit note and what isn't. They teach concepts and again you know that. Enough with the dishonesty. He makes plenty of real blunders, you don't have to make them up.

ETA: And I had no idea what your politics were. You could've just been a Trump-hating Republican. It's obvious your opinion of him has clouded your judgement though. You know damn well people write such simple notes to themselves. You're trying to make an issue out of something you know for a fact is nothing. Grow up.
edit on 22 2 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Refer to above.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You're right. I should stop responding to these stupid threads as well.

Ummm...I've been using that approach to stop giving them space in my head...

I've come to the conclusion that these are probably bots...

Real people just can't be that obtuse...right...?

YouSir

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
OMG he brought notes!!! The man is insane!!! The left will cry about anything.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

I've come to the conclusion that these are probably bots...

Real people just can't be that obtuse...right...?

Right! Look away now. Run off to a Pizzagate thread or how the Survivors of the School Massacre at Douglas High School are all paid "crisis actors".

No doubt the left can be obtuse at times, but the right is full-on morally and factually retarded.

I don't recall a single one of the past 44 Presidents in the past 242 years ever needing effen notes to remind them to pretend to appear human.

Worst president ever

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus.

The way I see it those notes were probably approved responces least likely to cause negative reaction, and I guess it worked you all are talking about the note

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...I've been using that approach to stop giving them space in my head...

Jesus...Who the eff in their right mind would ever WANT space in your head??

Add delusional to the list of things to talk to your special friend about.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join