It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s notes at gun-violence meeting include reminder: ‘I hear you’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't know what to say.

Apparently his staff was panicked enough that Trump was incapable of showing humanity while having a conversation with victims of the Florida School Massacre that they gave him crib sheet to remind him to sound human.

The party that freaked-out everytime Pres. Obama read a prepared speech brings you a President that needs to hold notes to remind himself to say something human-like or appear sympathetic to kids that survived a school massacre.

www.marketwatch.com...

JUST INSANE...Worst President in History

edit on 22-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
All I heard is the same snip they've been parroting since the 90s.

Institutionalized discrimination of black objects.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Apparently his staff was panicked enough that Trump was incapable of showing humanity while having a conversation with victims of the Florida School Massacre that they gave him cue cards to remind him to sound human.

The party that freaked-out everytime Pres. Obama read a prepared speech brings you a President that needs to hold notes to remind himself to say something human-like or appear sympathetic to kids that survived a school massacre.

www.marketwatch.com...

You people are pathetic. The man is speaking in public and has notes.

I just can't....

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's called being prepared, something the alt-left don't understand.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Apparently his staff was panicked enough that Trump was incapable of showing humanity while having a conversation with victims of the Florida School Massacre that they gave him cue cards to remind him to sound human.

www.marketwatch.com...

I just can't....

He needs cue cards of what to say when meeting with victims of a school shooting?????

He's not giving a speech???

It's a conversation.

Holy hell! He needs a cue card with big black lettering to remind him to say something like "I hear you"???

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It isn't the fact that he has notes but that a reminder to listen to the people has to be written down.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
All I heard is the same snip they've been parroting since the 90s.

Institutionalized discrimination of black objects.

You clearly hear what you WANT to hear, not what is actually spoken. You have proven this time and time again.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nobody should need to be reminded to be empathetic, unless they are completely devoid of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
It's called being prepared, something the alt-left don't understand.

It's not "being prepared" when you need a CHEAT SHEET to remind you to say the oh-so-complicated phrase "I hear you".

THAT is a sign of some REAL issue, either cognitive or coaching a sociopath on how to appear normal.

Possibly a combination of the two.

edit on 22-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

www.marketwatch.com...

I just can't....

He needs cue cards of what to say when meeting with victims of a school shooting?????

It's a conversation.

Holy hell! He needs a cue card with big black lettering to remind him to say something like "I hear you"???

It is called being empathetic. You also have to remember he is speaking with a bunch of people who have been traumatized and emotional. Sometimes when you are in a leadership position and you are coming from a position of facts and logic, you have to remind yourself that the audience may not necessarily be thinking logically, but emotionally. It is just a reminder to make sure they know you are listening to their concerns.

Good lord, you people look for any little thing to belittle this man. I don't particularly care for Trumps personality, but the constant nit picking by the left is really eroding any of your credibility.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I do a lot of public speaking for my job, and in my personal experience, it is helpful to have bullet points that may read like common sense, but are still helpful to have for the purpose of actually verbalizing certain points.

Trump's message might come across as him "hearing what the public is saying", but what is the crime in having his last and final bullet point (it would seem) as having this reminder as something he wants to explicitly state?

This is a reach and seems pretty sad to me. Trump is a sociopath because he has a note that says "I hear you".

For a president as scrutinized as this, everyone would find another thing to complain about if it wasn't this.

I'm not even a Trump fan, but this nonstop barrage and armchair psychiatry is getting beyond old.

Sometimes when you are in a leadership position and you are coming from a position of facts and logic, you have to remind yourself that the audience may not necessarily be thinking logically, but emotionally

^ Edumakated had a better way of articulating my thoughts...
edit on 22-2-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

www.marketwatch.com...

I just can't....

It's a conversation.

Sometimes when you are in a leadership position and you are coming from a position of facts and logic, you have to remind yourself that the audience may not necessarily be thinking logically, but emotionally.

Sorry, you lost me there.
Have you followed Trump on Twitter?

You almost made me spit out my coffee.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You people will find anything to complain about Trump.
I watched the video.
All the kids praise Trump. One even calls him a great leader.
Guess that's not newsworthy.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
they might as well have written down "act like you give a sh#!"

i understand having notes to help you through a conversation, but this is pretty pathetic.
we will probably end up getting the nuclear codes from a similar picture before his term is over

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Not the problem this country is facing right now.

It's gunphobes not listening to what it says in the Bill of Rights.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: soberbacchus

I do a lot of public speaking for my job, and in my personal experience, it is helpful to have bullet points that may read like common sense, but are still helpful to have for the purpose of actually verbalizing certain points.

Have never seen it in my life.
I have consoled many a friend for many a tragedy. Never read from notes.
Never seen a single politician, ever, anywhere read from notes while consoling or meeting with victims or victims families.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You think 17 kids are bad?

Wait till you actually get the narrative you are helping push.

It will be open season in this country.

People will take this as a domestic terrorism, and will hunt down certain people.

I will be in the islands if that time comes.

No one will fight the US, so let's make it devour itself.

You guys need to knock this sh$@ off before you cause a real massacre.

Not cool, back it off.

Quit taking part in destabilizing the country.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Dp

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Kryties

Not the problem this country is facing right now.

It's gunphobes not listening to what it says in the Bill of Rights.

Or its you, and your ilk, who have misinterpreted said Bill of Rights.

edit on 22/2/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
First off, everyone has notes for public speaking. Trump has note cards with an outline of points to touch. Remember when Obama had a Teleprompter go out, and he just managed to stand there saying "umm" a dozen times?

Notes are notes. No big deal. Everyone has them, and you know the people he is meeting with will all be reading from the same proverbial notecards:
1. Blame the guns
2. Blame the race, if that doesn't work.
3. Always blame the NRA
4. Bring up Australia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join