It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can We Have An Informed Discussion On School Safety When Media Controls The Narrative?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

SIGH...was there ever a time when the news media reported news in a fair and unbiased way? Whatever happened to The Fairness Doctrine?

The Fairness Doctrine was a product of the media world of 1949 during which lawmakers were concerned that the three main television networks—NBC, ABC, and CBS—could misuse their broadcast licenses to set a biased public agenda. The whole purpose of the Fairness Doctrine was to level the playing field and ensure that the public had exposure to both sides of an issue.

The decision to rescind the Fairness Doctrine has been credited with the explosion of conservative talk radio in the late 80s and early 90's. It was also when American society lost accountability for one-sided opinions spread over the airwaves. Now, radio and TV broadcasters are no longer the presenters of fact and unbiased news. But, rather they have become the grandstand preachers of whatever political gospel or special interest line that they intend to sell. The public is no longer treated as intelligent, logical, thinking people, who draw their own conclusions. Instead, we are viewed as idiots, incapable of independent thought, and who are to be indoctrinated with whatever twisted facts and convoluted logic the profiteers feed us.

www.realprogressivesusa.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'm an old fart too. We're talking about terrorist suspects...folks who are inclined to kill innocent people. They are in a database that's collected by the National Counterterrorism Center and the Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment (TIDE), which provides information on known or suspected international terrorists. People are removed from this database when it's determined they no longer are a threat to the general public. This is what's used to help protect Americans...so what's wrong with not allowing these folks from buying guns? Whatever happened to common sense in this country and hindering threats from acquiring guns?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: NerdGoddess

They are so concerned that they encouraged hundreds of children to leave the safety of their own schools and "walk" 10 to 13 miles into an area that the majority of them have never been to before, on a State road with heavy traffic, so they could hijack the TV channels for hours.

When I saw that my initial reaction was "sweet wish we had done something like that at school but we always just walked out of class to piss the teachers off once a year cos we were jack ass kids....." but then I thought (I'm now a parent) Where are those kids going? Do their parents know? Are they okay with this? How is the school supposed to handle such a thing? Aren't they responsible for the children's safety?!

Very scary. I mean I support their desire to voice whatever they want but as a parent my God that was scary to watch.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Excellent thread, you make some great observations.

The leftist liberal news rag, CNN continues to fail. Never understood why people still use it as a source...wait, I do. Its been with us since the 90s, heralding the liberal age unto us unwitting fools.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Excellent thread, you make some great observations.

The leftist liberal news rag, CNN continues to fail. Never understood why people still use it as a source...wait, I do. Its been with us since the 90s, heralding the liberal age unto us unwitting fools.

it's really simple....CNN and MSNBC, the NY times, the Wash Post, are all legitimate news organizations...thus, they can be sued for lying in a...NEWS report....not in a OPINION column....on the other hand, a "OPINION" blog or a privately owned right-wing website that deals in OPINION cannot....in other words, when it's your money, and your money can be taken away if you slander someone, you tend to be more careful......of course this has already been said many times down thru the years on ATS, it's just that the right-wingers here refuse to accept that...
edit on 23-2-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join