It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3: Turkish politician promises to INVADE GREECE if victorious in the election

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Politicians say what they need to in order to get elected...thats all this is

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yeh ok. If you’re dealing with a normal country but in Turkey you are not.

A Turkish ship rammed a Greek coast guard vessel(unarmed vessel), in Greek waters.
Now Turkey has captured two Greek soldiers from the border region, apparently while they were in their guard post.
Turkey has threatened to sink the Italian drill ship from ENI, as well as any French and American ships. The Iowa Jima with 2,500 Marines on board and a host of other USN ships is enroute through the region to Israel. Pretty clear message. Will Turkey mess with Exxon and the USN like it did with ENI and Italy?

The Greek Air Force has declared several NOTAMS for strategic areas in Greek air space in the Aegean. Includes live fire exercises. Coincides with one of the biggest air exercises in Europe happening in Greece that involves the USA, Israel and the UK among others, and Greece obviously.

a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Except that military base is of huge importance to NATO. As long as Turkey controls the Bosphorus, NATO needs to stay on their good side to maintain control of the Mediterranean. Turkey is in a strategically vital position, and they know it, hence why Erdogan is playing both sides lately.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57
a reply to: horatio321

With regard to (official) figures, Muslims in Albania make up about 59% of the population. Muslims in Turkey make up about 99% of the population. The difference between the two figures is notably large. How blind one must be to ignore it.

With regard to reality, Albanians are typically not religious at all. Turks by any measure are religious people. Though it may seem a bit strange, most of the young population in Turkey believe in God.

I live in the region and know the differences.

This is all fine and dandy. You live in the region so you reserve the right to make contradictory statements?

So what you have just said is that both Turkey and Albania are predominantly muslim. And how blind one must be to ignore the fact that 99% (a number that you make up, pertaining to all religious groups) is greater than 59%. Yet you go on to say how Albanians are typically not religious. Erm, I don't follow you because you make no sense.

With regard to reality, Albanians are typically 59% muslim thus by any measure are predominantly religious. In Turkey, 69% are muslim thus by any measure are predominantly religious also. A difference of just 10% more muslim.

Based on the facts rather than random unsubstantiated opinion, 97.5% of Albanians are religious - only 2.5% are atheist. In Turkey, 73% are religious - so according to the demographics, there's a greater percentage of non believers in Turkey than in Albania.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

If you are not deliberately trolling, then (sad to say) you must be affected by some sort of emotional or cognitive disorders.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: surnamename57

Based on what we've all witnessed here, it's you sir that has the problem and a complete failure to accept what words like majority and predominantly mean. It's you that has been contrary and you that has shouted ignorance. Now accusations of trolling just because quoted facts stand in the way of your willful ignorance.

No, I'm not a troll. Look at my post history. But when I read what you said - just because you live in the region - we won't stop denying ignorance.

Good day. #tips hat in a very British way#

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: horatio321

Based on what we've all witnessed here, it's you sir that has the problem and a complete failure to accept what words like majority and predominantly mean. It's you that has been contrary and you that has shouted ignorance. Now accusations of trolling just because quoted facts stand in the way of your willful ignorance.

No, I'm not a troll. Look at my post history. But when I read what you said - just because you live in the region - we won't stop denying ignorance.

Good day. #tips hat in a very British way#

Maybe you have some personal problems which affect your ability to make the right judgments about differences between Albanians and Turks, and on that account you are trying to give a Muslim character to Albanians. In any case, I'm out of ideas on what your motivations upon Islamic nature of Albanians are.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Character? I've made no reference to character whatsoever! I've simply highlighted that it's actually fine to use predominantly where there is a majority and what the religious demographics are for both Turkey and Albania. If you strongly disagree with the demographic - don't get arsey about it and shoot the messenger like a petulant child! State your case and back it up with a source.

If you can't do that - prepare to have a whole lot of posts removed. To be fair, this thread isn't entirely to do with the religious demographic of Turkey and Albania.

The thread got derailed by your refusing to accept that Albania was predominantly Muslim. The only person here that can't see that is you. Everyone else has moved on and so am I, but I wasn't going to turn a blind eye until things had been properly stated.

That's really all that needs to be said - and I won't be indulging you on any further debate unless you bring something new to the table - besides mindless insults and personal attacks.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

They smell natural resources

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

"We warn those who have crossed the line in the Aegean and Cyprus," Erdoğan declared, continuing:

"Their courage persists only until they see our army, our ships and our planes... Whatever Afrin is to us, our rights in the Aegean and Cyprus are the same. Do not ever think that the natural gas exploration in the waters of Cyprus and the opportunistic attempts in the Aegean Sea drop off our radar.

I love the smell of deep fried Turkey.

Side of cran sauce and some sweet pot mashed.

Lots of gravy.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Postings like yours simply amuse me. I was trying to take you seriously, but on reflection I don't think it's worth it.

With regard to history of the Balkans and present facts and figures in the region about which Wikipedia offers scarce information and sometimes even false or inaccurate information (hardly surprising if you know how it works), you are obviously not at an advanced level, so I will toddle off and leave you to learn on your own.
edit on 9 3 2018 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

It wasn't Wikipedia I used, but if you have different numbers for the demographics, feel free to educate us less educated folk - all the way down here. Just be sure to quote it and source it. What's the weather like up there?

But you're not going to come down from your station because you frown upon us Westerners! lol

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

We kicked Turkey out of Europe once, it's no problem that we do it again

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57
a reply to: Seed76

"Albania [and Turkey are very close allies, since both nations are] predominantly Muslim ..."

Predominantly? Are you deliberately supplying falsities or is it merely ignorance?

According to 2011 census, 58.79% of Albanians were declared Muslims. 16.99% of the population adhere Christianity (Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox rites), while the rest are of other religious affiliations or religiously unaffiliated.

So this data is fine then? Is this safe to use? So perhaps if you'd care to explain why you omitted the Turkish religious demographics. I thought people of a more advanced nature aren't allowed to use this kind of source - that's what you were just saying wasn't it?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So, just to reiterate - Turkey and Albania are close allies. And they are BOTH predominantly muslim. It doesn't really matter which way you slice it. Even going by your very carefully selected quote, Mr Surnamename57.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

This might be the only solution if things continue to deteriorate at the current rate. But it complicates things...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join