It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3: Turkish politician promises to INVADE GREECE if victorious in the election

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Please do.

Then the world can come together with a combined might and get rid of Turkey once and for all.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: DISRAELI

elect me - and i shall invade uranus

Umm...that might not sound right to some. Just sayin'

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yet another thread with "news" from the express/daily mail/sun.
It's getting boring now.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

While the source is false, its no secret Erdogan wants to bring back the Ottoman Empire.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
N/M
edit on 22 2 2018 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: mortex

Time to call the 300.

It was more like 3000 in total.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If I win the election next year I'm going to give money to health care and the homeless.

If I win the election next year I'm going to invade the Greek islands. Please vote for me instead.

Strange times we live in. I'm sure there are resources to be plundered around that area somewhere. It's still an odd thing to come out with though.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

"Albania [and Turkey are very close allies, since both nations are] predominantly Muslim ..."

Predominantly? Are you deliberately supplying falsities or is it merely ignorance?

According to 2011 census, 58.79% of Albanians were declared Muslims. 16.99% of the population adhere Christianity (Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox rites), while the rest are of other religious affiliations or religiously unaffiliated.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: surnamename57

Not sure if you know how numbers work, but 58.79 is a majority , being over half. ......Which would make them the predominant religion....

I swear I don't understand how people's brains work anymore
edit on 2/22/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/22/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Predominantly? Are you deliberately supplying falsities or is it merely ignorance?

According to 2011 census, 58.79% of Albanians were declared Muslims. 16.99% of the population adhere Christianity (Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox rites), while the rest are of other religious affiliations or religiously unaffiliated.

In the spirit of ignorance predominantly has the meaning of "majority","mainly", "mostly", "for the most part". And 58,79% is the Majority which are Muslims. So how exactly i am supplying falsities ?

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You mean they haven't already?
With the influx of immigrants to Greece in the last few years, there's practically a standing army within their society already.

Greece, like a lot of Europe is about done.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Not sure if you know how numbers work, but 58.79 is a majority , being over half. ......Which would make them the predominant religion....

I swear I don't understand how people's brains work anymore

Not sure if you know the meaning of the word 'predominantly'.

Here is a dictionary definition of the word:

"predominantly
prɪˈdɒmɪnəntli/

adverb
mainly; for the most part.

synonyms: mainly, mostly, for the
most part, chiefly, principally, primarily,
predominately, preponderantly, in the main, on the whole, largely, by and large, to a large extent, to a great degree"

58% or 59% is only slightly more than half. Do you consider that a predominant percentage? If you do, how much is 70% or 80%?

See how people's brains work?
edit on 22 2 2018 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

Look at my previous post for details.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Most people's brains work w the numbers, not their "idea" of what it means to THEM...

More than half would be a majority which would make the the predominant ones

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

There are different types of majorities such as vast majority (something like 90% or more), overwhelming majority (something like 75% or more), large majority (something like between 60% - 63%, small majority (something like between 53% to 55%) and bare majority (something like 50.1%).

When you think in numbers, you don't make broad statements.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

First off: this doesn't have much to do with the thread, but has everything to do with the way people will debate within just about every debate - including this one.

I'm going to chime in, because I hear what you are saying - or the spirit of what you are saying. Unfortunately, you are not going to get anywhere with what you are postulating. I'll explain why.

Majority = more than half = > 50%
Predominantly = more than half = > 50%

2 equal halves of 1 whole thing.

Percentages however can be any value, plus or minus, eg -1000000%, +0.0002%, 33.3333% etc thus are not confined to just 1 whole thing.

Using the term 'predominantly' is the sort thing politicians do, because it's nice and 'vague' and alludes to 'greater than the other' scenarios, even though in reality it may not be so clear cut.

On the other hand 'vast', 'overwhelming', 'large' and 'small' are all arbitrary terms with no specific value. Place vast, overwhelming and large and rank them in order of 'most-ness'. You can't really - different people will rank them differently and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it - because no one is definitively right or wrong.

To sum up:

You can't take someone's vague statement then come across as superior by using arbitrary terms as the counter argument. It's more intelligent to highlight what the vague statement alludes to, then give the specifics.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

There are different types of majorities such as vast majority (something like 90% or more), overwhelming majority (something like 75% or more), large majority (something like between 60% - 63%, small majority (something like between 53% to 55%) and bare majority (something like 50.1%).

I'm playing devil's advocate here, but:

Overwhelming majority is 95.346% - 100%, vast majority is 85.565% - 95.343%, enormous, massive, big, huge, gigantic, so on and so forth. You can fill in the numbers with whatever suits your agenda - but it's completely irrelevant still.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: horatio321

originally posted by: surnamename57

I'm playing devil's advocate here, but:

Overwhelming majority is 95.346% - 100%, vast majority is 85.565% - 95.343%, enormous, massive, big, huge, gigantic, so on and so forth. You can fill in the numbers with whatever suits your agenda - but it's completely irrelevant still.

So tell me what's relevant? The abstract percentage or the concrete reality? Does the percentage reflect reality or the reality has no numerical value?
edit on 26 2 2018 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Arguably, one of the relevant things is what you should've already ascertained, but started getting a little pedantic about - that the predominant religious group in Albania is Muslim! Lol.

"The religious affiliation of the population was 56.7% Muslims, 13.79% undeclared, 10.03% Catholics, 6.75% Orthodox believers, 5.49% other, 2.5% Atheists, 2.09% Bektashis and 0.14% other Christians. ... Almost 53.4% of the population of Albania living in cities."

So thinking in numbers, with no broad statements whatsoever:

56.7% / 13.79% = 4.13, therefore a factor of 4 over the next size group of fence sitters.
56.7% / 10.03% = 5.65, therefore a factor of 5 over the next actual religious group.

500% is a mahoosive majority by anyone's yard stick, no?

And let's not forget Turkey's religious demographic

"
Most Muslims in Turkey are Sunnis forming about 65%, and Shia denominations form about 4% of the Muslim population. ... Christians (Oriental Orthodoxy, Greek Orthodox and Armenian Apostolic) and Jews (Sephardi), who comprise the non-Muslim religious population, make up 4% of the total."

It's pretty clear cut.

Relevant point no. 2 - Turkey is accused/suspected gas attacks during shelling of YPG targets. Point no.3 - Turkey denies it.

edit on 2622018 by horatio321 because: Added Turkey's religious demographics

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: horatio321

With regard to (official) figures, Muslims in Albania make up about 59% of the population. Muslims in Turkey make up about 99% of the population. The difference between the two figures is notably large. How blind one must be to ignore it.

With regard to reality, Albanians are typically not religious at all. Turks by any measure are religious people. Though it may seem a bit strange, most of the young population in Turkey believe in God.

I live in the region and know the differences.
edit on 27 2 2018 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join