It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, How do you reason with those who bless AR-15s as Rods of God?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What?

We're not supposed to put 'em on an alter, and make offerings to the great God Armalite, who in his great wisdom bequeathed unto us his only begotten son--AR?

The entirety of my belief system has been destroyed... (sob)

How about they actually do something prior to lockin' 'em up?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
How about they actually do something prior to lockin' 'em up?

Yeah. Busting people for thought crimes is definitely not the way to go.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
nm
edit on 2 22 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Do you see America!

Have you read their ignorant replies , do you recognize their disinterest in being responsible citizens.

They care not how your children suffer, like spoiled brats they demand their needs, their toys, their desires.

There is no reasoning with spoiled children, time to take their toys & put them in a time out!

K~

You think pretty highly of yourself don't you.

This is exactly the hypocrisy we like to point out. "Beeeeee tolerant and accepting of others that live differently than you!" is the holy edict of the left, but at every turn you show that you do not.

To use your own tactic, if they arent hurting anyone, who are you to judge? Why are you threatened, to the point of wishing them locked up in straight jackets, by people that are different than you?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'd tell you to look up Beecher Bibles.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: aethertek

Why are you so scared of rifles?

Because the mass media said so to be scared of black plastic stivks?
edit on b000000282018-02-22T19:12:06-06:0007America/ChicagoThu, 22 Feb 2018 19:12:06 -0600700000018 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The thing is...its not like its his personality that drives the cult, though. Its his response to his "followers". Its his followers in the drivers seat, and passenger seat at the same time.

I can see that. That goes with my Willie Brown analogy from earlier. He chameleoned himself to fit their wants. Likewise Trump listens to his flock and moves as well as the establishment around him will let him, to placate his followers desires. I would comment his loyalty to them but that I don't really think he is beholding to them at all other than as a tool to keep him in the cat seat.

If he stops breaking stuff and starts playing the role, his usefullness is over for me.

And I see that he is playing the role now more and more. As for breaking stuff, I see that this can be done in different ways. There is controlled demolition, that is planned and directed destruction. There is a fair amount of that. But in that there should also be plans for reconstruction. But there is also the bull in the china shot distruction. That is what we have now. He seems to me to be thrashing about, saying this and then changing up and saying the opposite, spinning on a dime of who ever has his ear.

Once he won the election he became the tool for the implementation of long held hopes for the Republican agenda. Fair enough. They got their tax breaks for the wealth and have stripped the regulatory guide lines for keeping corporations from stealing everything. Their inability to achieve much at all in the way of big legislation is only rivaled by the total inability for the Democrats during their two years of control when Obama first came in.

I don't see as how the establishment Rebublicans will keep him around much longer. Something will pop and they will dump him and go with Mr. Christian. But I have been oh so wrong many times in my life and will just shake my head at my own precog abilities once more.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They're posting memes again, okay.

This is sport shooting.

This,,,

,,,is equal to this.

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I dunno who this 'Elder' is - but I can assure you - one, the 'rod of iron' is NOT a gun of any type.

Why? Because when Christ comes back? He will not need a gun to accomplish winning His war.

All He'll have to use - is His words.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
We all know what this member is.
Mud pit is where he/she posts.
Why respond?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Aethertek, why do you keep posting stupid stuff?

edit on 2018-02-22T20:56:12-06:002201822America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: stupid stuff

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

So tell me aethey, do you think that all Christians who bless their weaponry should be sent to the "rubber room some where on heavy meds", or do you think that only these particular Christians should be subjected to such treatment?

What about Pagans and Satanists who wish to make invocations upon their weapons? Should they also be subjected to such treatment? Followers of Islam and/or Muslims? What about Atheists and agnostics who think or talk about only using their weapons in a responsible manner? Sounds suspiciously like 'contemplation' or 'meditation' to me...Maybe someone needs to look into that...Should merely thinking about such things be cause for action, is speaking these thoughts or blessings out loud where you draw the line, or is it only group meetings and/or invocations that concern you? How could we possibly conform to your notion of pc thinking here? I'd really like to know.

Also, can you please refer me to the passage in the article where it says they are worshiping the weapons? I only saw in the opinion piece that they were saying that the ceremony was to be a blessing ceremony.

Blessing someone or something is not worshiping it/them. For instance, the invocation "Dear (insert deity of choice), please bless Aunt Jewel and bring her health and happiness" or Dear (insert deity of choice), please bless this sword that it shall not take life for vain causes but shall strike true when needed and employed in just causes." As you can clearly see in the examples provided, the person making the invocation is not praying to the weapon or her Aunt Jewel, she is praying to her deity of choice and asking for a blessing to be bestowed upon her weapon or Aunt Jewel. Big difference. Just thought I should point that out to you, since you seem to be failing to comprehend this elementary distinction. Also I was bored, and your antics amused me.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I went to the local range last night with a couple of pals and had a lot of fun.
Hit a target the size of a penny 4 times running at 40 yards
won myself 2 pints in the pub afterwards not bad for a beginner with an underlever 12ft.lb air rifle
my mates have really fancy PCP ones but I was the best lol.
So again It is a great sport.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

At that level of self-righteousness, logic bounces off. I wouldn't bother.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

So tell me aethey, do you think that all Christians who bless their weaponry should be sent to the "rubber room some where on heavy meds", or do you think that only these particular Christians should be subjected to such treatment?

Any person of whatever religulious ignorance they believe that has their weapons "blessed" has serious psychological issues that need professional treatment.

K~

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I take it you are a nihilist then?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

No I'm a rationalist sick of seeing the horrors this world offers just because there are too many genetic rejects born into it.

Blessing, worshiping, just stop with the word play already, these people are damaged & need repair.

K~

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

No I'm a rationalist sick of seeing the horrors this world offers just because there are too many genetic rejects born into it.

Blessing, worshiping, just stop with the word play already, these people are damaged & need repair.

K~

You are incorrect in your assessment, in my opinion. I think that for a person who believes that a spiritual force can at times be their guide, asking for that force to help guide them wisely in using a weapon is a perfectly reasonable aspiration. Much more reasonable than a believer who would not seek that guidance.

The power to take a life is not something to be taken lightly. This power should be applied with some wisdom and forethought whenever possible. Blessing a weapon engenders that. It causes the believer/owner to think about how that weapon should be used, if it is to be used.

I guess I can see how you might not understand how this is actually a good thing if you do not see value in any of the world's religious teachings, but I think you're being ignorant and short-sighted to condemn something that you've made little if any effort to understand. I feel compelled by my sense of decency at this point to suggest to you that perhaps it is you who should alter your perspective, and not all these religious folk you are so quick to condemn.

I hope you are half as judicious in choosing when to bring a weapon to bear as these people blessing their weapons, though if you consider your keyboard to be a weapon then I can already see that that is not the case. Get some help, aethertek, before you hurt somebody...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

They're posting memes again, okay.

This is sport shooting.

This,,,

,,,is equal to this.

K~

The first two videos show men using guns to shoot targets.

The third is a video of idiots giving a monkey a gun.

Also, Why is the third video watermarked "20th Century Fox Research Library"?

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Any person of whatever religulious ignorance they believe that has their weapons "blessed" has serious psychological issues that need professional treatment.

K~

Alright, so what is your opinion of Spirit Cooking?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join