It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, How do you reason with those who bless AR-15s as Rods of God?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

It's astounding tek, the number of anti-stars your op has garnered. But what else might we expect from hanging around in these parts.
I had thought to make a thread on these ''rubber room candidates'' but did not get to it. These Moonies, are off-shoots of the larger cult. Old man Moon died and immediately the cult split in two, some following Moons widow and others following one of his sons. While the main group follows the mother, who now proclaims that it was she who has the ''perfect blood lineage'' rather than her dead husband as was taught while he was alive, the smaller group that follows the son believe that the widow, his mother, is the Whore of Babylon.

The son has control of one of the many Moon front businesses, Kahr Arms. Back during the election cycle, Trump's son Eric made a promotional visit to Kahr Arms and met with the son. This was taken as ''providential'' by the Moonies who had received tickets to the inauguration which they attended with glee, seeing that as providential as well.

Since that time they, the sons group has gone full goose bozo. He has changed the cult emblem now adding crossed fire arms to it. He wears his ''godly crown'' for almost all pictures taken of him and he wears combat fatigues to demonstrate what a warrior for God he is. He poses for pictures, macho pictures, holding rifles and in one example, a couple of pistols.

He relishes finding the pretty moonie girls under his tutelage and has them pose in shooting positions. One picture was of a group of moonie wives all posing with rifles. I cannot recall if they were all pregnant or not.
The Moonies and their front groups have always been arch conservatives, fighting anything they think ungodly. They were staunch supporters of Nixon, his resignation being a total failure of Gods Plan for him. On down the line it has been a total support for Republican politicians.

While the larger cult has always been conservative, the son and his group have taken it even farther and moved into total conspiracy theory. Actually a year or so ago, a new member showed up her on ATS sounding all worldly and open minded, and eager to engage with other like minded people here. The name that new member chose was indicative that they might be a moonie. . I found that an interesting choice of names so I queried about that choice. The reply I received was cryptic, mentioning that they had taken the time to investigate my own introduction from way back. In that old intro of mine, I had mentioned that I had been a Moonie years ago. That new member was never heard from again. I can only suppose that they knew that at least I was on to them. Most likely they have popped up again under less recognizable names.

They hold conferences and educational symposiums promoting togetherness and understanding while posting all the various groups that support them. Of course the majority of those supporting groups are merely other Moonie front groups and the few others are unwitting tools.

They have purchased famous buildings in key political locations and rent them out for any kind of conservative venues that need to be underwritten. They own The Washington Times and UPI.

I have no doubt that should Eric or Jr, need shock troops for non-violent pushback, these Moonies would jump at the chance as it would be a call from God to advance their mission of world domination. Would they support armed conflict against the enemy of God's Chosen President? That is a tough one, one I certainly hope the Trump family is wise enough to steer clear of.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not to mention their recent request to view IP information on all posters...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very strange. Although anyone with half a brain realizes this site doesn't use TLS/SSL and therefore uses either VPN or TOR+VPN (I do, plus never posting anything that can be personally identifying)

Either way, since an hypothetical "attacker" clearly knows how to disguise their IP address/origin, this is clearly another attempt to attack posters with views they disagree with. Likely by "doxing" them...or attempting to, anyhow. A half-decent social engineer will use that IP to interface with the ISP and con them into providing subscriber information.

Worst case scenario, they use this data directly to scan target networks for vulnerabilities or services that can be exploited

edit on 2/22/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Woodcarver

So you think Aum Shinrikyo or the Manson Family should be treated as legitimate religions?

I never said that. If you look a little closer at the conversation, you’ll see the measure of sarcasm i was slinging at truebrit to point out his hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Except those featured in your video aren't regular American citizens. They're militants/warlords who are playing with firearms.

LMAO You didn't watch the whole vid.

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It's not just the Moonies, there are many of these crazed lunatics plotting their christian caliphate or fantasizing about their Turner Diary race war wet dreams.

Do some research on Dominionism & The Army of God.

This country harbors some serious crazy in it's hinterlands.

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It is one minute of an ape aiming an AK-47 at some soldiers and firing at them. This only proves monkey aren't smart, and that we shouldn't give them loaded weapons (or any weapons at all, preferably)

This isn't proof that AK-47 (or AR-15) is an inherently dangerous platform. Of course anything is dangerous if misused or used by those with less than adequate training or knowledge
edit on 2/22/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Still LMAO!!!

Oh my god you are too fun!

Reread what I wrote just before the vid then watch the whole vid.

Have you ever laughed so hard it's impossible to type? LOL

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

It's not just the Moonies, there are many of these crazed lunatics plotting their christian caliphate or fantasizing about their Turner Diary race war wet dreams.

Do some research on Dominionism & The Army of God.

This country harbors some serious crazy in it's hinterlands.

K~

Nope. I need no more research on those crazies. I'm an old man now and no longer need to prove to myself just how moronic people can be. I have spent years reading about this kind of derangement have have no more need of proof.
Even the word dominion ism sets me off. Dramatic dominionists such as the Army of God are bad enough, but the whole underlying notion of dominunism (small d) is a running memetic sickness that radiates throughout American society.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Give me a break. Nobody is fantasizing about anything. That is far left propaganda and hysteria designed to whip the left into a frenzy against Trump/conservatives. The only people even half-way pushing said conflict is the left, by continually assailing civil rights, conservative culture/voters and attempting to falsely equate our two worlds (city vs country).

In the city, you may not have a good use for an AR-15 (but you still have the right to own one, you know, to protect yourself against roving gangs and home invasion).

In the country, I do. Nearest LEO is a good 30 minutes away, on a good day. Not their fault at all though, county is far too large and expansive for LE to cover it with anything resembling the resources our local government has.

"I never said 'give teachers guns' like was stated on Fake News @CNN & @NBC. What I said was to look at the possibility of giving 'concealed guns to gun adept teachers with military or special training experience - only the best," Trump tweeted.

"20% of teachers, a lot, would now be able to...immediately fire back if a savage sicko came to a school with bad intentions. Highly trained teachers would also serve as a deterrent to the cowards that do this. Far more assets at much less cost than guards. A 'gun free' school is a magnet for bad people. ATTACKS WOULD END!"

He added that "highly trained, gun adept, teachers/coaches" could serve as a deterrent to prevent future school shootings.
"History shows that a school shooting lasts, on average, 3 minutes," he tweeted. "It takes police & first responders approximately 5 to 8 minutes to get to site of crime. Highly trained, gun adept, teachers/coaches would solve the problem instantly, before police arrive. GREAT DETERRENT!" he said.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Same here, old & tired of the BS, that's why I'm out in the boonies now.

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

A story out of Pennsylvania, apparently AR-!5s can be tools for Christ.

Who knew!

How about that, the Prince of peace to be represented with an AR-15 as the "Rod of Iron/God" that will be used to smash & rule over all others.

“And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father,” the King James translation reads. Other translations refer to an “iron scepter” instead of “rod of iron.”

biblehub.com...

“This will be a big thing for us. It’s a new stage for us because it incorporates the rod of iron, as it is in Revelations.
Revelations talks about the returning Christ ruling with the rod of iron,” said Tim Elder.

“This rod of iron is the AR-15, in today’s terms,” Elder claimed.

wnep.com...

Now the Moonies are involved so there's that, but still this lunacy.

These are responsible gun owners?

Why aren't they in a rubber room some where on heavy meds?

So America how do you plan on reasoning with people who hold such beliefs?

How does one have an advanced civilized society when 12th century madness such as this still exists in it's population?

Oh bonus question, just who do they plan on ruling over with their Magical AR-15s.
I guess if you don't believe their warped view of reality it will be you.

K~

Why would "Turn the other Cheek" Christ rule the world with an assault rifle? Makes zero kinds of sense, they are certainly talking about a scepter of some kind.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You might find this an interesting read

en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Christian_Right_and_the_War_on_America

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Thanks! but been their done that.

Been tracking this for nearly 20 years.

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Nice to know. When I managed to toss off the Moonie programing in 74 after four years in the cult, I began to read anything I could on what had happened to me. Back then there were no support groups or counseling groups to help with recovery so I was on my own trying to understand.

The more I read through psychology books and early studies on cult awareness, the more I came to understand that what had happened to me was just an extreme case of what was happening to us all to one degree or another. What struck me squarely in the face was the prevalence of authoritarianism. That it did not need to be in just a cult, but actually expanded out in to much of our religious institutions.

On into Machiavelli. Into the authoritarianism of everyday society, not in the extremes back then but much more low key, like a buzz in the back ground waiting for the day it would break out into the open. One of my favorite quotes back then was from ''Second Coming'' by Yeats. ''And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born''

Against that background of my authoritarian experience I compared Reagan. I compared Bush, Clinton, Bush again and Obama. The Authoritarian tricks of all of them. But none reached the level of birthing of the slouching beast. This guy is what I have been watching for. A cult leader. We need to be thankful that his ineptness may be our saving grace. Hopefully we can all learn to be more careful. However, there are still people who believe in the Moonie myth, and they are completely mad.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Me too. Four acres on a river and half an hour from the nearest town.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Interesting you mention cult leader.

Im not sure its a "cult" like in the sense of Jim Jones. But in the sense of Stalin or maybe even Ghandi (although aimed a different way) he is a cult of personality.

The thing is...its not like its his personality that drives the cult, though. Its his response to his "followers". Its his followers in the drivers seat, and passenger seat at the same time.

It really is interesting to watch. In all honesty, I get the feeling that most folks feel the same as me for the most part: he's a means to an end. I don't expect anything from the guy but to break stuff in DC. Its all I want to see happen, and im not concerned with what he breaks (because its all needing to be reset anyway).

If he stops breaking stuff and starts playing the role, his usefullness is over for me. Although i won't vote for him either way (unless he actually succeeds in something major like locking up Hillary, dismantling the IRS or FBI, etc).

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Me too. Four acres on a river and half an hour from the nearest town.

Sweet! My back yard is a river too.

I have deer & elk in the front, trout & salmon in the back.

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Damn, glad you had the will to realize the reality.

Authoritarianism is a main stay for better than 60% of the human population.

It's where their comfortable in their thinking, it's easier to be told what to do than to think about what you should do.

There where some studies a few years back, I'm sure you read them, on the 4-5 personality types & the generic breakdown on "percent population per".

The slouching beast, giggle, haven't heard that in an age.

He may be incompetent but death follows behind him.

The religulous right stealth Manchurian Pence is one & did you notice the Russian contingent at the "Family" gathering last week.

That & all the evilgelicals are praising him, he is their shot at their befouled brass ring this moment in time.

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

All absolutely useless because you can not reason with a fanatic

Right....Because you have to seek out and speak to the fringe in any discussion in order to sway the moderate majority that isnt even being addressed when you do such an obtuse and disingenuous thing.

The fact that this is who you identify with, the abusrd and angry enemy you chose out of the crowd, says much about your actual motive.

You could have taken a moderates idea that you agree with and given expose to the common ground you see.

You could have taken an extreme from your own camp that you denounce and offered that as a middle ground to anyone open to dialogue.

Instead you only trolled like you always do in an effort to divide and muddy the waters.

You are literally shaming and mocking people who thought the dialogue Trump opened was healing and positive. People on both sides. We had a good moment in all this mess as a nation and your petty, cold hearted hatred couldnt help itself. One of your own needs to show you that. I am not the one. I suck remember, I voted for Trump?

Anyways,

I know from all this that you really think people are dumb. You think you are speaking on "our level" which you disinherit and mock once the avatar signs off. Your thread last night about the Trump speaking notes was literally a meme on a fail humor site. Is that where you first read about it?

Have fun identifying with your equals on the fringe. You deserve them. Your want of a victory over them says all I need to have you know. You despise and disrespect the enemy you think is holding back your world. My enemies would never have that much power.

I wouldnt give it to them.

Your absurd and insane enemies are your match and your equal. You chose them.

Who you see as your enemy in life says more about you.

edit on 2 22 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So America how do you plan on reasoning with people who hold such beliefs?

Can't reason with them. Just stay out of their way.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join