It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, How do you reason with those who bless AR-15s as Rods of God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Funny how a billboard that says, "Kill the NRA" throws this site into a tizzy but a group of religious fanatics that say they're going to rule over everyone thanks to the AR-15 is no big deal.

The only difference between religious nut jobs and leftist nut jobs is that the religious nut jobs probably bathe more frequently.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ah yes, Schrodinger's Leftist. They're all unwashed, unemployed hippies while at the same time they're all Ivy League and Hollywood elitists that abhor the working class.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The only difference between religious nut jobs and leftist nut jobs is that the religious nut jobs probably bathe more frequently.

The church of climatology that baths only when it rains.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Either you subscribe to an alt-left radical news site that spends all day looking for something this ignorant or you go out and spend all day finding it yourself. Either way, this guy sounds like he belongs at Westboro Baptist. Stop comparing him to real Christians.

Thanks in advance.
edit on 22-2-2018 by Thirty6BelowZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: notsure1

I'm deadly serious.

That's the scary part.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

No, this is isolated. Being a soldier in an Army of God doesn't mean you run around with an AR that your pastor blessed. How ignorant.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Xcalibur254

How is it no big deal?

Of course its a big deal. These people are insane. That they are also armed is a problem, but the actual issue here is that they are insane. Get them off the street until the drugs kick in.
What makes them insane? That they believe in god? Don’t you belive in god? Are you insane?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

My belief in God does not make me insane.

Belief in Jesus does not make me insane. Starting a pseudo-religious militia in the name of a deity who does not require either guns nor mortal aid in war however, is insane.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Jesus loves guns.

How else would he and Moses have defeated the Romans?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

My belief in God does not make me insane.

Belief in Jesus does not make me insane. Starting a pseudo-religious militia in the name of a deity who does not require either guns nor mortal aid in war however, is insane.
What is the definition of insane again?
Why is their faith pseudo religion, and your faith is not pseudo religion?

Does joining a militia make you insane?
edit on 22-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Well, the definition of insanity is actually rather boring and uninformative, simply reading:

"The state of being seriously mentally ill; madness".

We could put this another way I think. When your Christian collective looks more like an ISIS training camp, you might well be insane.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
if this were a muslim group preaching the "rod of iron" this would be an whole different thread. funny that...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Jesus loves guns.

How else would he and Moses have defeated the Romans?

2 words.

Ninja Skills.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Well, the definition of insanity is actually rather boring and uninformative, simply reading:

"The state of being seriously mentally ill; madness".

We could put this another way I think. When your Christian collective looks more like an ISIS training camp, you might well be insane.

You called them pseudo-religious. What did you mean by that? That they are not really religious? They are actually a terrorist camp, posing as religious folk?

Because they don’t agree with you about some things?

But you do believe in the same God as them? Or do you think they worship a different God? How many gods do you think exist?

Is that the problem?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I believe that they are charlatans, pretenders, falsely professing to faith. I do not believe that any person who has a genuine relationship with Jesus, can take up physical arms as an article of faith. They can take up the shield and sword which are the scriptures and the strength of their belief, but to bring physical weapons into the practice of their faith, indicates that they have no faith at all, not in Jesus, not God.

That is not to say that a Christian ought not possess firearms or arms of any other sort, but they should not make their ownership of firearms to be about their Christianity, or part of it, because there is no place for firearms in faith. I have a selection of sharp implements at my home. I am also a Christian. I do not possess the sharp implements and excuse my possession of them by way of Bible verses, because I am not a charlatan and a liar. I know full well that possession of the means to physically defend oneself is nothing to do with the content or the implications of the Word of Christ.

They are separate, they are not supposed to be concepts mentioned or dealt with at the same time.

By all means, worship God, and have so much range time that the guys running the place gave you a loyalty card. But don't make out that one has to do with the other. It doesn't.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So people who think differently than you, are charlatans and liars. I think I understand where you’re coming from.
edit on 22-2-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So you think Aum Shinrikyo or the Manson Family should be treated as legitimate religions?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I believe that they are charlatans, pretenders, falsely professing to faith. I do not believe that any person who has a genuine relationship with Jesus, can take up physical arms as an article of faith. T.

OMG You are such a liar and a hypocrite. You are on record as approving "any means necessary to take out Trump supporters.

So in other words you are allright with guns as long as they are shooting Trumpkins and gay people right?

Around here we call that a Yuggge hypocrite.
edit on 22-2-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I am on record as approving any means necessary to take out fascists.

There may be some Trump supporters in amongst that. But the point is, that I have a massive problem with someone declaring that an AR-15 is an article of their religious beliefs, while claiming to worship Christ. Don't get me wrong, I am going to have to answer for my many sins before my maker when I die. My crap stinks as much as anyone else's. But...

The things I do and say that Jesus would admonish me for, I do in the knowledge that I might be in trouble for one day. I do not delude myself into believing that Jesus wants me to carry a rifle in his name, because he does not. I do not delude myself into believing that Jesus will thank me for my dedication to the cause of death to all fascism everywhere, because he will not. That dedication is one I make in the name of my ancestors (who already sacrificed an awful lot to that cause), and for the future of my child, and his children, assuming he has any, and the children of the entire species going forward. I do not make it in the name of Christ, because he would probably be insulted by it, and I have no wish to do that.

And another thing...

Its pretty low of you to suggest that I have a problem with gay people. I do not. The press can say what they like, the courts can rule what they fancy to, but no one, not you, not some criminal fraudster round the corner, nor some judge, gets to tell me who I am or what I think.
edit on 22-2-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So you are a hypocrite. as long as it for your cause then its ok.

Hypocrite. That is the definition.

So the press lies?
edit on 22-2-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join