It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, How do you reason with those who bless AR-15s as Rods of God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
A story out of Pennsylvania, apparently AR-!5s can be tools for Christ.

Who knew!

How about that, the Prince of peace to be represented with an AR-15 as the "Rod of Iron/God" that will be used to smash & rule over all others.

“And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father,” the King James translation reads. Other translations refer to an “iron scepter” instead of “rod of iron.”

biblehub.com...

“This will be a big thing for us. It’s a new stage for us because it incorporates the rod of iron, as it is in Revelations.
Revelations talks about the returning Christ ruling with the rod of iron,” said Tim Elder.

“This rod of iron is the AR-15, in today’s terms,” Elder claimed.

wnep.com...

Now the Moonies are involved so there's that, but still this lunacy.

These are responsible gun owners?

Why aren't they in a rubber room some where on heavy meds?

So America how do you plan on reasoning with people who hold such beliefs?

How does one have an advanced civilized society when 12th century madness such as this still exists in it's population?

Oh bonus question, just who do they plan on ruling over with their Magical AR-15s.
I guess if you don't believe their warped view of reality it will be you.

K~

edit on 22-2-2018 by aethertek because: to dum to spel

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Trump is right, we need to focus on mental health issues

+34 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Troll much?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Not sure. Ask these guys...

www.sun-sentinel.com...

Deputies guarding schools in Broward County will carry rifles, including AR-15s, under an order issued Wednesday by Broward Sheriff Scott Israel. Israel said the order applies only to deputies qualified on rifles and has the support of Broward schools Superintendent Robert Runcie after the Parkland school shooting. “This morning I implemented a practice in the Broward Sheriff’s Office and spoke to Mr. Runcie who was fully supportive of my decision that our deputies who are qualified and trained would be carrying rifles on school grounds from this point forward,” Israel said at a news conference at BSO headquarters in Fort Lauderdale. “It will be done safely,” he said. “Only deputies who are trained and qualified will carry those rifles. But we need to be able to defeat any threat that comes onto campus.” Sheriff’s deputies only patrol schools in cities without their own police departments, but there is a broader effort by police across the county to secure more immediate access to rifles.

edit on Febam28amf0000002018-02-22T01:58:32-06:000132 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Febam28amf0000002018-02-22T01:58:53-06:000153 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Febam28amf0000002018-02-22T01:59:03-06:000103 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Oh I'm not trolling I'm deadly serious.

All these people with their Talking sessions, Listening sessions today.
All absolutely useless because you can not reason with a fanatic.

Blessing rifles as tools or weapons of your god, that is full on fanatic freak right there.

This isn't rational behavior for someone living in the 21st century!

K~

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You want people who think AR-15s are 'rods of God' put in a rubber room?
Maybe you should read the bible to understand a little better.

I'd say you have some issues, far greater than any religious guy who loves his gun.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: njord
Trump is right, we need to focus on mental health issues

Focus on mental health but have no restrictions on people with mental health having access to guns, e.g background checks? Character references ?

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Why aren't they in a rubber room some where on heavy meds?

I could ask the same about people with seething hatred and logic debilitating fear of an entirely inanimate, nonsentient object.

The same way we deal with any other nutty loon that doesn't use common sense, doesn't understand what they're so horribly scared of, and lacks any degree of logic or foresight into what they are upset over: empty platitudes, placations, and a healthy dose of good old patronization until they quietly wander away and leave the adults to discuss the important stuff.

Great, thought provoking thread, by the way.
Good stuff, man.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I could ask the same about people with seething hatred and logic debilitating fear of an entirely inanimate, nonsentient object.

Good, so you agree the problem is the people not the implement.

Since responsible gun owners who purchased their weapons legally are the two most recent mass murderers how about psychological exams for gun owners.

That may be a place to start since all they seem capable of is illogical argument.

K~
edit on 22-2-2018 by aethertek because: dwd

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Why are you so scared of rifles?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Why are you so scared of rifles?

Not scared of rifles, concerned with the nuts that worship them.

K~

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Good, so you agree the problem is the people not the implement.

Since responsible gun owners who purchased their weapons legally are the two most recent mass murderers how about psychological exams for gun owners.

That may be a place to start since all they seem capable of is illogical argument.

K~

Ah, so rubber rooms and psychological examinations for gun owners. My my, you really are quite the little oppressor.
You're proving the point gun owners make about a proposed process to define a list of people who are 'mentally ill' in order to refuse them their right to gun ownership. In your dictatorial world, it would be everyone who wanted a gun and, of course, we already know the left's game is about total gun bans, not mental health restrictions, or AR15's.

+33 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

warped view of reality

This is your posting history in 4 words.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

You're insane. The end. Go away now.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Rubber rooms for people who have their AR-15s blessed as tools of god & psych-exams as part of the purchase requirements / background check.

Now as I said the last two massacres were carried out by legal gun owners, so apparently we never know when they're gonna snap.

So a regular exam schedule might be needed.

Now of course all this could be avoided if gun owners would see reason & agree to a shotgun for home defense, a bolt action or limited internal mag for sport & hunting rifles that's all you need.

No more hidden hand cannons, a light weight taser can drop the biggest intruder / attacker.

Of course maybe people just want the Ak's & AR's so they can be this guy.

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Matthew 26
52 "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

I'm guessing these people aren't very well versed on the teachings of Jesus and instead get all of their information from a cherry-picking pastor.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This isn't that isolated of an incident, the christian Dominionist movement is chock full of people like this.
Their "Army of God".

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

One post...err day at a time.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Would you rather people not worship their ar-15?

That's a slippery slope. I'm pretty sure the only reason ones in my area don't animate themselves and cause destruction is because I always say 18 hail Mary's and 7 our father's in the name of all mighty AR (Praise be his name) before sleep.....

You should do the same. It'll help your insanity. I promise.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join