It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump’s heart felt talking points.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
President Trump’s heart felt talking points.
The young people and their families visited the president today to voice their anguish over the slaughter in our schools. Even as we may ridicule their efforts or brand their actions as nothing more than showmanship, the current rush of emotion in the US, was enough to push the White House to have a sit down with the president to present their concerns.

To prepare to meet these grieving students and relatives the president of the United States prepared a list of talking points with which to respond.

On his list, the final talking point was ‘’I hear you’’.
When said spontaneously, this is a common response to an outpouring of emotion.
But as a prepared statement it is a lie.
When it is a prepared statement that needs to be written down so that it can be remembered it is a sad statement on the ineptitude of that person.
The ineptitude goes farther though with Trump. He is so inept, that he allowed that note card to not only be seen by all the people there, but every person in America.
www.thewrap.com...

Yep. Especially of late as he's reading the prepared in advance statement written by others for him so he doesn't f-up.

He's looking down reading.. slowly and a bit hesitant because it's scripted not by him, his thoughts, his words or even opinion.

State department script writers... just like on the "Apprentice".
edit on 22-2-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How do you know why they are written down? Youve made a grand assumption.

How do I know why they were written down? The why is almost moot here tex. The point here is THAT they were written down.
Does a competent person need to write down ''eggs'' on a list when the only reason they went to the store was to buy eggs?
Does a competent person need to pull out a piece of paper to read the words '' one senior for Star Wars'' when they stand at the box office?
Surely you can understand this. It is no ''grand assumption'' that he needed crib notes to ask or reply in a simple fashion.

He had one job to do while in that meeting. ONE. Listen while presenting at least the illusion that he, the bestest president ever in the history of the country was really paying attention to these Americans. He could not even do that. Not only did he have to write down that response, he was inept enough so that he almost waved it in front of their faces and let it be photographed a number of times by those present.

My meeting notes include in them phrases that make sure i maintain my focus. Maybe he does the same. Less talking points more focal points.

Yes, any no one is suggesting that someone running a meeting might not use this means to keep a meeting on track. But I'm willing to bet, or, make a grand assumption, that your meetings have little to do with moral support.
Trump was there to listen and respond. He had to write down how to respond to emotional presentations.
You, nor I, am the president of the USA. I know full well that I am not competent to fill that post and making one more grand assumption, neither are you. Trump is so incompetent, so inept, that he does not even have the ability to understand that he is not either .

edit on 28America/ChicagoThu, 22 Feb 2018 10:57:39 -0600Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:57:39 -060018022018-02-22T10:57:39-06:001000000057 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Laughable if it wasn't so sad that he needs to have PRINTED reminders to fake compassion and empathy. He's so pathetic and vile.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

He's looking down reading.. slowly and a bit hesitant because it's scripted not by him, his thoughts, his words or even opinion.

That & the orange anus is practically illiterate.
Have you not seen some of the years old videos of people commenting on his inability to read.
Nor the stories of briefings having to be pared down to single paper & simple language.

K~

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

My point about the ''I hear you'' is just a single focus point for the larger problem of his incompetence. Not only was that response written down, but actually flashed around to such a degree that numerous photos were taken of it.

And yes, he reads words written by others for many of his public statements. This is pretty common. However it is clear to many that when he reads what is written for him, he has little idea what he is reading.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

How do you know why they are written down? Youve made a grand assumption.

How do I know why they were written down? The why is almost moot here tex. The point here is THAT they were written down.
Does a competent person need to write down ''eggs'' on a list when the only reason they went to the store was to buy eggs?
Does a competent person need to pull out a piece of paper to read the words '' one senior for Star Wars'' when they stand at the box office?
Surely you can understand this. It is no ''grand assumption'' that he needed crib notes to ask or reply in a simple fashion.

When i am out of my element i need basic reminders for myself. Im fairly well known within my professional circles for having a really good memory (i have never taken notes on things, only carrying pen and paper when i have reference material). Even with this, i need notes (and will take notes) when i am not in my comfort zone.

He had one job to do while in that meeting. ONE. Listen while presenting at least the illusion that he, the bestest president ever in the history of the country was really paying attention to these Americans. He could not even do that. Not only did he have to write down that response, he was inept enough so that he almost waved it in front of their faces and let it be photographed a number of times by those present.

Last night while it was going on, the reception on ATS and among folks I know on FB was rather strong. He did good, until someone noticed a note card? LOL

Even Silly was telling Burgerbuddy she loved him. It was like vinegar and oil mixing.

Yes, any no one is suggesting that someone running a meeting might not use this means to keep a meeting on track. But I'm willing to bet, or, make a grand assumption, that your meetings have little to do with moral support.
Trump was there to listen and respond. He had to write down how to respond to emotional presentations.
You, nor I, am the president of the USA. I know full well that I am not competent to fill that post and making one more grand assumption, neither are you. Trump is so incompetent, so inept, that he does not even have the ability to understand that he is not either .

Maybe he did. I think you are reading too much into it. You are willing to deduct 100% of his score for failing on style. That is also known as "throwing out the baby with the bath water".

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Ok, forget that as well. It is that bad.

Bad? When the vote last season came out roughly 50/50 my take was, half the voting citizens had faith in the platform he was pushing and that he was the man to bring it about. They believed in his competency. Though I had serious doubts I was willing to give it a chance, after all I had been looking for decades for some ''outlier' to spring from left or right field and break the hold of entrenched power in this society.

He has made his incompetency and ineptitude known on a daily basis. What is bad is that there are still so many who staunchly support him and bend over backwards to justify his inabilities.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The fun fact would be, that I saw a few of them claiming to hunt down the sociopathic elite in Q threads.

Guess we'll see a few new accounts popping out of nowhere soon. And that's only your fault, stupid liztards! Time for a more personal question, are you bloodtype 0 rh neg as well?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

There hare been a few times where I said, ''he done good''. Fewer times that he did not turn around and change his position.
Would that I had given him a score of 100% at any time. There were points on the campaign trail when he could garner maybe 75% from me but those ended up being fleeting. At this point I'm down around the single digits as far as how competent I believe him to be.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I wish some wise hand had put in Trump’s notes, “I’m a jackass"

I bet he'd of said it

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

At this point I'm down around the single digits as far as how competent I believe him to be.

I don't disagree with you here.

Although he's done some pretty good things, he's stepped in some enormous piles as well. A POTUS that is 50/50 is useless to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Says a lot about our politics that you criticize the president over a damn note card. How old are we? Are we a nation of children?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Laughable if it wasn't so sad that he needs to have PRINTED reminders to fake compassion and empathy. He's so pathetic and vile.

So laughable and sad at the same time it is hard to laugh or cry. If he were a character of a bad president being satirized on a comedy show it would be funeeey. But as a real president who maintains a cadre of ardent supporters it becomes un-funny to the max.

edit on 28America/ChicagoThu, 22 Feb 2018 14:05:56 -0600Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:05:56 -060018022018-02-22T14:05:56-06:00200000005 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Says a lot about our politics that you criticize the president over a damn note card. How old are we? Are we a nation of children?

Would that it were only a note card JD. As an indication of much larger and dramatic ineptitude and incompetence, not to mention lack of empathy it is only one small telltale sign.

Even as I detest Trump, doing my best to look at him from another perspective, trying to put myself in the shoes of his faithful, and taking this one small event as an isolated incident, I would still have to wonder at how this could be, that he could write a note to himself to tell himself to say the words, " I hear you"" to use on anguished relatives of slaughtered children.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I remember years ago. I had a boss who was an arch conservative. We worked in California when the Speaker of the House was Willie Brown. Willie Brown was hated by conservatives because he had such a hold on the House there for so very long. They hated him.

Something came up in passing discussion at one point and my boss raised the issue over something that Brown had either said or done that was making news.

Knowing my more liberal reputation at that time he was baiting me to hear my opposing argument supporting Brown. To his surprise and dumbfoundedness I agreed with him about Brown. I hated Brown.

Brown was never a liberal. He was a power hungry self serving charlatan who had found a constituency that would vote for him over and over and over, allowing him to retain his own personal little power kingdom.

That is exactly how I see Trump. To my eyes, he has never had true conservative values at heart. What he has had is an ability to chameleon himself, just like Brown, to the extent that he can convince enough people that he is on their side to keep him in power.

Edit to all that. Add both Clintons to the list of phonies keeping their own power by fooling an easy constituency.
edit on 28America/ChicagoThu, 22 Feb 2018 14:07:08 -0600Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:07:08 -060018022018-02-22T14:07:08-06:00200000007 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I wish some wise hand had put in Trump’s notes, “I’m a jackass"

I bet he'd of said it

It is so refreshing to find someone here with even less respect for his intellect than my own disdain for him.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm not a trump supporter but this petty crap drives me crazy

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I agree somewhat. The way that many poke fun at him for his physical traits. His size, his hair, his hands. All of that bothers me that it is being use to denigrate him. Those are cheap and lazy man jokes that cater to the simple mindedness of partisan politics. It was my mother that taught me you can't judge a book by it's cover.

However, this note that he either prepared for himself or more likely was prepared for him, to toss in the sympathetic words, ''I hear you'' , for me speaks to the mental weakness of the President of the United States. And I think it very likely that it was not he who wrote that crib note, but rather one of his staff that wrote it out for him. As an example of just how weak his mental prowess is, I still think this deserves consideration.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

My point about the ''I hear you'' is just a single focus point for the larger problem of his incompetence. Not only was that response written down, but actually flashed around to such a degree that numerous photos were taken of it.

And yes, he reads words written by others for many of his public statements. This is pretty common. However it is clear to many that when he reads what is written for him, he has little idea what he is reading.

Exactly. I've been watchin him for 50 years. I think he' an uneducated and Richie Rich kid who doesn't have a clue about anything.

Nothing...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Nice to see we share opinions Terry!

<< 1  2    4 >>

join