It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 explosions outside the U.S. Embassy in Montenegro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

(BNONews)-Emergency services have responded to the U.S. Embassy in Montenegro after reports of two explosions outside the complex, officials and witnesses say. Only few details were immediately available.

The incident happened on early Thursday morning when two explosions were heard in the area of the embassy, which is located along the Morača river near central Podgorica. There was no official word on the cause of the blasts.

Local news website Portal Analitika, citing a source, reported that someone had thrown a hand grenade towards the U.S. embassy compound. He then set off another bomb, killing himself. There were no immediate reports of other casualtie

2 explosions outside the U.S. Embassy in Montenegro

edit on 21-2-2018 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Still looking for more info - do you have any updates?

All I can find is people are told to avoid the area until further notice...

Thanks...
edit on 2436Wednesday201813 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just saw this on Twitter and headed over to ATS to see if anything was breaking:

Travel - State Dept ‏Verified account @TravelGov

#Podgorica, #Montenegro Security Alert: there is an active security situation at the US Embassy Podgorica. US citizens are advised to avoid the embassy until further notice.

10:30 PM - 21 Feb 2018

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Reut ers - Explosive device thrown at U.S.embassy building in Montenegro: report

PODGORICA (Reuters) - An unknown man threw an explosive device at the United States embassy building in Podgorica, the capital of Montenegro, before blowing himself up, media in the city said.

The attack came five minutes before midnight on Wednesday, web portal www.portalanalitika.me said, adding that citizens in the area heard two explosions.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
guess he went all to peices over syria.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Reut ers - Explosive device thrown at U.S.embassy building in Montenegro: report

PODGORICA (Reuters) - An unknown man threw an explosive device at the United States embassy building in Podgorica, the capital of Montenegro, before blowing himself up, media in the city said.

The attack came five minutes before midnight on Wednesday, web portal www.portalanalitika.me said, adding that citizens in the area heard two explosions.

I have to wonder... what pushed him to this point?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
guess he went all to peices over syria.

Religion of pieces?

maybe.... too early to tell, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Maybe it had something to do with the "U"SA´s behaviour in the balkans, since the yugoslavia war

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: toysforadults

Maybe it had something to do with the "U"SA´s behaviour in the balkans, since the yugoslavia war

Them maybe they should not had tried to ethnically cleanse a people out of the country .

top topics

join