It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sherriff (Bouden) says schools will be partolled by deputies with AR-15's! Oh the IRONY!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I think it's going to be a mental issue for another reason:

Contrary to popular left belief, weapons can be used for protection and not just civilian warfare and mass shootings, as they are lead to believe by certain politicians and talking heads (AKA idiots).

There will be lots of complaining for sure though..........

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
And the rednecks here will say that guns will keep them free.

..and they will be correct

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Some people are just plain ignorant and ill-informed. Their lack of understanding makes them fearful rather than smart and it affects the rest of us.

When I spend time away from the city, if I hear gun fire in the area, I have a sense of peace knowing there are fellow Americans practicing and staying proficient. Actually, a couple of years ago, I noticed a sign on the door of an optician's office that said something to the affect that in their facility the 2A was respected and firearms were allowed. I had a sense of security knowing that.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
How many deaths does it take to usher in a police statein the schools.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

So... for example.. The dude is visible to maybe 50 students at one time, and you think he can stop someone pulling a gun and shooting him with the element of surprise? They must be some kind of super humans with eyes in the back of their skulls.. Maybe they should just shoot if they see any students with who reach their hands into their pockets? Right.. A new "hands out" policy? Lol!

Ugh... It gets even worse if you imagine the shooter fires from a crowded position, whats the guard going to do, get shot or shoot into a crowd of students with an AR to save his own life? :
edit on 22-2-2018 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm
or, I don't know, encourage the population to carry or keep a weapon nearby at all times?? People get slaughtered all the time in nations with gun bans. People who survive violent crimes often stay armed afterwards. Why wait to be a victim, when you can fight back at the sign of the first threat.

a reply to: WorShip
Well we can play the game of what if's until the cows come home. Nobody knows until it goes down though.

edit on 2-22-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

I understand where you are coming from. but i disagree. If you arm people in the schools, then the next shooting will be on a school bus, football game, or another location that's gun free.

I thought school shootings were usually done by someone who attends, or did attend the school...just like workplace shootings. I don't think Nikolas Cruz wanted to shoot people at any old place.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Hey it's gonna be some combination of a large number of students, 50 was a conservative number! Not sure how you can avoid a catastrophic scenario by adding more guns to the scenario.. I'm all ears for your best case scenario of how a guard can pre-emptively strike a school shooter before being shot... Either they start shooting where the guards are not posted (people still die), or the guard most likely gets shot first(and if the guard goes down then the shooter can then use the AR?)... :

Best case scenario would be they have watchtowers like prison where they can't be easily shot at and can potentially minimise casualties by pinning the shooter.. However if he's in a class with people they're still going to get shot before they can escape.
edit on 23-2-2018 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

Don't forget that adding guards might just add to the allure of shooting up and having a gunfight with authorities... The state of it

edit on 23-2-2018 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well most of the public schools in my county have armed guards/RO's/Deputies. They do not sit in this one spot, with big flashy neon signs and arrows pointing saying "here is our armed guard, beware! Please do not sneak up on him!"

They patrol the hallways you know. Maybe you just have not been to a school with armed guards that you come up with these silly cartoonish scenarios??

Some of the banks here have armed guards as well. I know of two where he does sit in the same spot at the front door just watching. Nobody has ever snuck up on him to rob the bank or steal his gun.

Your being just outright cartoonish with your what if's.

What if a kid with a blade that was walking behind the shooter when he drew his first round just stabbed him right in the neck?? How's that?? Am I on your level now? What if a kid in a room with a shooter when he starts takes his backpack full of textbooks weighing something like forty pounds just swings it with all his might and knocks the shooter out cold??

I always carried a blade in school even at the risk of expulsion if I was found out.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Not cartoonish at all. It's called simulating. How most things get worked out today.

So the guard is patrolling. Not one instance where his back is vulnerable? Now you're being delusional... And to think a guy with an AR won't be noticeable? Lol! You're doing a bad job of debunking catastrophic scenarios with childish retorts. Anyone who knows there are guards isn't going to go shoot up the classroom next to the guard without first attacking the guard. Only thing cartoonish is your argument against me.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
well seeing as there are and have been hundreds of public schools around the country with armed guards, why don't you point out an instance where your what if has ever even been attempted?? In fact, when is the last time a posted armed guard has been held up at a bank? Can you pull one up for me?

If your scenario is so plausable, not only would it have happened already, but it would happen quite frequently. Our coal fire power plant has a private security detail that does post up with a rifle at the road. At night, when it is dark, he sure would be easy pickings by your logic. Woods on one side, a skeleton staff in a massive facility on the other. Just him alone on the road. I bet your surprised the guard has not been held up at least half a dozen different times??

The only one delusional here is you. People who stand guard tend to, you know, be on guard.
Life is not a video game, where you can walk behind somebody and just stay still from fifteen feet away and they won't turn around and see you. This is not Metal Gear or call of duty. People who are at guard actually pay attention to their surroundings.

I don't even know why I bother, your clearly to inexperienced to know what the hell your saying. Sounds like you know everything based on how video games play out when sneaking up on people. If you never had to sneak up on someone, or had someone try it on you, I can understand why your theories are based on fiction.

<< 1   >>

join