It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sherriff (Bouden) says schools will be partolled by deputies with AR-15's! Oh the IRONY!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So the sheriff now says that the schools will now have deputies/officers armed with rifles (news reported them as AR-15's!!!). I think this is a mistake in the school/district where this happened - meaning they should have the same gun in the school with which they were just attacked. There are MANY other guns that are basically the same platform as the AR, take the same parts, same or similar caliber (choose your flavor) made by HK, FN and some others that are perfectly fine for this type of situation and no less useful/accurate/powerful etc. Cost really shouldn't be an issue in this situation and we aren't talking 10's of thousands of dollars or anything, under $1k for a different gun.

It seems that they are trying to induce PTSD in these children. Even if it isn't consciously an issue with the students, I think seeing the same gun would give a stronger reaction than merely seeing an armed officer with a different rifle.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Huh.. Now the next school shooters know who to shoot first, the dudes with the guns. Advanced Dystopia kicking in.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

So basically you're asking... which rifle is more politically correct?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

That was funny

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Well I'm not really asking that. I'm simply stating that there might be a cognitive issue with having the weapon that was used to attack them, there to now protect them and this MIGHT cause some unpleasent memories for some. I don't remember bringing politics into it, just the psychology of the matter.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

Well I'm not really asking that. I'm simply stating that there might be a cognitive issue with having the weapon that was used to attack them, there to now protect them and this MIGHT cause some unpleasent memories for some. I don't remember bringing politics into it, just the psychology of the matter.

Like your apparently having?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Bouden was an idiot... said the same thing over and over, but when asked why was nothing done 39 times all he could suggest that police need to power...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yeah, dunno how well that will sit with the state or will work-costs, etc. Out of the nine states that allow teachers with guns there hasn't been issues as of yet. Albeit with the majority of the states, I am guessing the the violence doesn't compare to FL, considering concerns of students or other turning the gun on the teacher.

I find the irony in that the upper echelon schools in Broward Co. don't have metal detectors yet, as crime growth affects the area overall.
edit on 21-2-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

You're weighing a mass shooting against unpleasant memories.

If you were attacked by someone with a gun, would you be worried about what brand of rifle the person saving you was using?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Isn't high school only 4 years? By the time they implement this, these students will be in college, accuring a serious tuition debt.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Damn people. A rifle is a rifle. The AR platform is used by police and every regulatory agency
Due to the same reasons it is so popular. It’s the LEGO set of firearms. At
It’s base is is what it is. A very basic semi auto rifle. It’s reasonably priced and accurate. Tack on a grand wothof gadgets and it’s even more user friendly , but at the end of the day, it is what it is.

A semi automatic rifle. Nothing more. Nothing less.

AR stands for Armalite Rifle (NOT ASSAULT RIFLE) which is simply the
Company that developed and mass produced the original
Variant developed by Eugene Stoner. It was purchased by the US military and with addition of full auto fire control
Components was designated the M16–A1.

The rifle you and I can purchase at Wal Mart and your Local
Gun store shoot one bullet at a time. Just like your Remington and Winchester semi-autos
From 100 years past.

Grow the hell up. Learn what your dealing with before you go to war against it.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
And the rednecks here will say that guns will keep them free.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Nothing more dangerous than bored, armed, guards. The future is now.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Because the best way is a reformist, authoritarian "Prison" approach...

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WorShip

I understand where you are coming from. but i disagree. If you arm people in the schools, then the next shooting will be on a school bus, football game, or another location that's gun free.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I like how nobody seems to think that the best way to keep kids in schools safe is........ to remove the kids that prove they have issues and get them into a reform school, where they can have round the clock supervision, the help they need and get an education without being a problem for others.
I can remember several times in school where the new kid tells us he got kicked out of his old school and set to our school.....Pass him along, not my problem any more.
This whole business of disarming people under the guise of keeping kids safe is only believed by the most gullible in society. By the time a kid is 12yo he has shown you multiple times his demeanor..... it is a whole lot easier to train a puppy.
It should be something like.... warning, referral and observation, parent/teacher conference and let parents know they are in danger of having their child sent to reform school if steps are not taken to alter behavior and finally residency in a reform school where professionals can monitor, evaluate and give treatment.

Guns and guards is not the solution. If guns become unattainable then you can be certain that the kids who would use guns..... will have no issue using bombs and bringing a whole building down on top of everybody.

Get these kids out and in treatment BEFORE they have things to fantasize about and turns into an obsession.

Nothing teaches a kid better than watching a class mate get hauled off

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
right, like the armed deputy is just going to be sitting around playing angry birds on his phone so that so a school shooter can sneak up on him and incapacitate him or take his weapon.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

I understand where you are coming from. but i disagree. If you arm people in the schools, then the next shooting will be on a school bus, football game, or another location that's gun free.

Nest time, the first casualty will be the guard.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

That was funny

Funny and true, if you really think about it .

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just a way to Groom the citizens to be accustomed to being guarded by people with guns.
Next will be armed crossing guards and so on until we have guards everywhere.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join