It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This What It Looks Like?

page: 3

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Finally Iran said is a nuclear power plant under construction in the area and that they said is a misfired.

And that was it.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Fox news stated the Iranians claim the missile hit a deserted area, yet a huge explosion was heard.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This might be the work of Israel, not America.
Who else would attack Iran?? any other countries in the middle east.

I didnt want to say but israeli sources have been saying the rumours around there are saying it was the IDF. I'm not saying that on record though

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This could be Iran coming to the aid of Syria (with which it just formed a "common front") in the form of creating a false headline to push the Hariri assassination out of people's minds. I call Iranian/Syrian conspiracy! (Really, I have no evidence but that doesn't seem to be a standard for anything around here...)

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
debka reports:

Missile fire reported from unidentified aircraft over E. Iranian town of Dailam 300km from Afghan border Wednesday afternoon.

Site is within flying of US aircraft flying reconnaissance missions from Herat base in W. Afghanistan to gather intelligence on Iran’s nuclear sites. Tehran TV has interrupted broadcasts for running reports.

Attack follows announcement of Iranian-Syrian common front "to face threats." Iranian VP Aref said in Tehran after talks with Syrian PM al-Otari: We are ready to help Syria on all grounds to confront threats.

source:
debka.file

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
According to NBC, an unknown aircraft has launched a missile at an Iranian nuclear facility.

Link

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
An AP news alert said:

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) _ Iranian state television says explosion near
Deilam may have been caused by a fuel tank dropping from an Iranian airplane in the region.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I didnt want to say but israeli sources have been saying the rumours around there are saying it was the IDF. I'm not saying that on record though

well, who ever done this has not thought about this in great detail.
This could explode now..

[edit]

Blast could be fuel tank that fell off an Iranian plane (just head on ITN)

[edit on 16-2-2005 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

link   
New info

Israel & america are denying it.

Iran says it might've been a fuel tank from one of their own jets.

nothing confirmed

link   
Sounds more like a "failed" Iranian missle test...............just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Guys if this turns out to be a full blown war, I do hope you will hold your stupid stupid government responsible and actually do something about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
just what do you propose we do???

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Iran's Russian-built 1,000-megawatt nuclear reactor is due to start operating in Bushehr province in late 2005.

source:
haaretz.daily
al-bawaba
abc.news

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Guys if this turns out to be a full blown war, I do hope you will hold your stupid stupid government responsible and actually do something about it.

hmmmm....
im not sure what this is to be honest. I could be an accident, but i really doubt it

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
New info

Israel & america are denying it.

Iran says it might've been a fuel tank from one of their own jets.

nothing confirmed

Fox and CNN just stated the same thing, so it looks like the original source was wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I doubt there's anything to worry about, all the media sources would be screaming if anything really bad was about to or has happened.

Don't quote me on that if anything bad does go down

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
CNN is saying that the Russians who were working on the nuclear facility state there was no explosion. Iran also states the explosion may be from a fuel pod dropped from an Iranian jet...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Fox news just reported that it was a fuel tank dropping off of one on Iran's OWN aircraft that caused the explosion. These tanks are designed to be droppable.

Iran is supposedly confirming this.

It was an accident, not an act of war.

top topics

join