It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This What It Looks Like?

page: 2

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I think its important to remember that... this is an act of war.

Any missile fired into a foreign country is an act of war, iran isnt a country to shy away from this.

Without a doubt an act of War, Iran is a sovereign country after all. I am waiting to see what response if any the Iranians will make.

Spell Check

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Janus]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Could it be that Iran fired the missile to shot down the drone?

link   
Blast near the port city of Dailam. Residents say they saw an aircraft.

Crude oil just jumped a dollar.

No indepedent confirmation,

link   
well, if it was us, we'll probably have bush on the tv soon explaining it to us.....maybe, if it wasn't us, we'll probably have bush on a little later, explaining it......maybe.....

Ya know, I keep waiting for us to pull out the super-secret, top of the line new weaponry that's gonna bail us out of all this mess...ya know like our fleet of ufo's or something....

GOd knows, they better have a few tricks up their sleeves.....since china and russia just might decide to stand against us......of course, if they didn't, well, that would be one great trick up our sleeve right there.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
"A powerful explosion was heard this morning on the outskirts of Dailam in the Bushehr province. Witnesses said that the missile was fired from an unknown plane 20 km from the city," Iran's Arabic language Al-Alam said.

(Reuters)

Bushehr is where Iran has one of its nuclear power plant, over which the international community has expressed concern.

It is said Iran's Russian-built 1,000-megawatt nuclear reactor is due to start operating in Bushehr province in late 2005.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Riwka]

link   
Reuters is reporting it.

Reuters
DUBAI (Reuters) - An unknown aircraft fired a missile on Wednesday in a deserted area near the southern city of Dailam in the province of Bushehr where Iran has a nuclear power plant, Iranian state television said.

"A powerful explosion was heard this morning on the outskirts of Dailam in the Bushehr province. Witnesses said that the missile was fired from an unknown plane 12 miles from the city," Iran's Arabic language Al-Alam said.

link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Could it be that Iran fired the missile to shot down the drone?

Quite possible Marg, but i suppose the invasion of sovereign airspace could still be seen as a act of War. Im surprised that the Iranians haven't responded sooner to the incursions of drone aircraft.

Spell check

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I find it interesting that CNBC is claiming the news source unreliable. Why would they claim this if it didn't have any air of truth?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
After reading the initial reports on Ruters and Sky News, Im inclined to say this is bogus. A false report to drive up oil prices. The bad thing is, out of all the possibilities for this, the scenereo I just presented is lesser of all evils. I hope that is what it is, otherwise, we are going to war.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
I find it interesting that CNBC is claiming the news source unreliable. Why would they claim this if it didn't have any air of truth?

Exactly. America hasn't jumped to deny it either.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus

Quite possible Marg, but i suppose the invasion of sovereign airspace could still be seen as a act of War. Im surprised that the Iranians haven't responded sooner to the incursions of drone aircraft.

Spell check

I remember that Iran warn about shoting anything invading their air space.

link   
bushehr province is south,
on the coastline.
maybe it was a tomahawk missile,
fired from the sea, by submarine or by a missile cruiser?

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Souljah]

link   
Another news link relevant
makeashorterlink.com...
Iran Threatens to Shoot Down U.S. Drones

Intelligence Minister Ali Yunesi comments backed a report in The Washington Post on Sunday that quoted unnamed U.S. officials as saying the drones have been flying over Iran for nearly a year to seek evidence of nuclear weapons programs.

"U.S. spying activities over Iranian airspace have been going since a long time ago," Yunesi told reporters.

"Most of the shining objects that our people see in Iran's airspace are American spying equipment used to spy on Iran's nuclear and military facilities," the minister told reporters.

He said they would not reveal anything the United States doesn't already know.

"Our nuclear activities are open and very transparent. Our military activities are all legal," Yunesi said. He spoke while visiting a prison for dissidents under the Shah that has been turned into a museum.

The Washington Post reported the drones had been flying over Iran from U.S. military bases in Iraq (news - web sites) and were equipped with air filters to pick up traces of nuclear activity.

In December, the Iranian air force was ordered to shoot down any unknown flying objects. At the time, there were reports in Iranian newspapers that Iran had discovered spying devices in pilotless planes its air defense force had shot down.

"If any of the bright objects come close, they will definitely meet our fire and will be shot down. We possess the necessary equipment to confront them," Yunesi said.

Looks like they don't have the necesary equipment. THe probing missions apparently paid off, assuming this is an actual occurance, considering the originating source is an arabic paper.

link   
Perhaps its a ruse by the Iranians as an excuse to strike at the US in Iraq? I cant see it but its possible i suppose.
Just a thought.

link   
FOX is going to run what they have in the next segmant

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well it’s being reported on CNN now Iranian TV reports that an aircraft has fired a missile near the southern city of Dailam, Iran.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CNN reports the missile was fired in a deserted area near Dailam, near the construction site of a new nuclear plant, that was it.

[edit on 16/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I still can not find anything on the news yet, quite depresing.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
And there goes the Fox News Alert...

They're reading from a carefully prepared script.

link   

Originally posted by shots
FOX is going to run what they have in the next segmant

Hehe
You will get the Fair and Balanced report there!

link   
This might be the work of Israel, not America.
Who else would attack Iran?? any other countries in the middle east.

new topics

top topics

join