It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Australia's gun ban didn't reduce violent crime

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: rollanotherone

Nice mate,

The world is watching y'all, not just Australia.

Your looking silly.

Yeah, the world also watches the Kardashians. Your point being?

Never watched the bloody Kardashians in my life. Neither has anyone I know. Bad example.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I don't either

I wouldn't if I were paid to do so

People who watch that drivel also tend to assume that is how "reality" is/or should be. It further enforces this country's divorce from reality, and migration toward sensationalism and pop-culture drivel.

FCC should enact a "stupidity doctrine." It would be certain to sweep up loose ends like the Kardisians, along with just about every form of entertainment news out there. Would be nice to a see the return of real journalism though.
edit on 2/23/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Finally something we can agree on!

Give me a good documentary or something intelligent to watch any day. It astounds me the amount of people who watch that absolute nonsense and lap it up - and want to be like them. Sometimes I do have to wonder if a giant asteroid collision wouldn't be a bad thing after all.....

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Only in 'Murica.

Will the usual suspects whine bout foreign influence in our political process, and use foreign examples to limit their own rights.

Mental incompetency.
edit on 23-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Only in 'Murica.

Will the usual suspects whine bout foreign influence in our political process, and use foreign examples to limit their own rights.

Mental incompetency.

Only in 'Murica will you find people who genuinely believe that everything not American must be totally ignored. It is a backward and medieval point of view to take.

It does not surprise me though, you make a habit of attempting to silence voices that aren't American. Whether that's some form of xenophobia, or a mental deficiency, I don't know. But it's totally ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No the xenophobia is all the bigoted comments about gun owners and trying to strip their rights away because apparently black objects are bad.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Actually the definition of xenophobia, according to the dictionary, is this:

Dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.

You did just that. I can also go through hundreds of older threads and quote you doing the same thing. It's a pattern with you.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If you think the term only applies to race think again.

Because it means people . The particular descriptor of group doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: JBurns

Look specifically and narrowly at gun murders, then get back to us.

Since that is the statistic they were looking to get under control, it makes no sense to look at any other classifications of criminal behaviour.

Its a stupud stat. Dead is dead. Thats the point.

No it isn't. The point is the means of death. It's like saying you are taking a survey on how many people died last year from cancer, and then including those dead from car crashes and snake bites. It's not true to the subject.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

If you think the term only applies to race think again.

Because it means people . The particular descriptor of group doesn't matter.

I go by the dictionary definition, not yours.

And you have displayed a propensity for doing it it many threads. Many times you have told myself and others to shut up we are not American. I wonder why you haven't quite realized that you saying that only makes us dig our heels in further. You seem to only try it as a last resort too, when all else has failed.

It's pathetic.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I don't care.

All those that are trying to deny,disparage,INFRINGE a right clearly spelled out over 200 years ago

IS A:

Seig Heil!

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I could care less that you don't care. I'll call you out for it every time, making sure as many people see you for what you are as I can.

Don't be a xenophobe. It's backward, medieval and pathetic.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Call out?

Is that what it was.

I thought it was trolling.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Call out?

Is that what it was.

I thought it was trolling.

Clearly "thinking" isn't your strong suit then. You might want to do less of that.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Clear thinking eh?

Alright.

Anyone that REFUSE's to read, and comprehend these American LAWS.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime,unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twiceput in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

www.law.cornell.edu...

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

IS trolling.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

What's that got to do with you being xenophobic?

Thank you, however, for providing an excellent example of how you deflect and twist something to suit your own agenda. Saves me the trouble of doing it.

I await your next attempt to deflect away from the fact you are a proven xenophobe with great anticipation.......

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Gee I wonder WHAT holding PEOPLE answerable to a capital or otherwise infamous crime has to do with bigotry at all.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Gee I wonder WHAT holding PEOPLE answerable to a capital or otherwise infamous crime has to do with bigotry at all.

Another example of deflection. This is about you trying to silence voices that aren't American, something you do regularly. It's pathetic.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Tell me more how blaming a group of people for all their problems isn't xenophobia.

Really.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Tell me more how blaming a group of people for all their problems isn't xenophobia.

Really.

Tell me how attempting to silence anyone who isn't American isn't xenophobia.

Really.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join