It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump suggests arming teachers & staff could prevent school massacres

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I am well aware of your gun confiscation program.

Did you have it in your constitution that you can protect yourselves from nuts that come to power?

Why don't countries with guns like even say Russia have kids blowing each other away if that is the root of the problem?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: pavil
I like the Idea posted above about hiring Veterans for the job who have the marksmenship.

How many vets would want that job? Crap pay to hang around high schoolers all day. Given school funding, they would make better money at McDonalds.

In case you didn't know, the military doesn't pay great wages either. Will it cost money, yes. Is that money spent worth it to protect our schools?

Are you saying it costs too much to try and solve this problem?

I know janitors in our local school who did ok and got a pension and insurance ect. He was the janitor at our local school for 26 years.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

RT News source

President Donald Trump has floated the idea that arming teachers and school staff could prevent future massacres, as he met with Florida school shooting survivors, who demanded changes and solutions.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F*

SERIOUSLY?

Who's smoking what man? He's serious as well!

“If you had a teacher with, who was adept at firearms, they could very well end the attack very quickly... And we’re going to be looking at it very strongly, and I think a lot of people are going to be opposed to it, I think a lot of people are going to like it,” Trump said at a ‘listening session’ at the White House on Wednesday, that included some Florida school shooting survivors.

The point is the deterrent factor. A crazed shooter won't actively walk into a situation knowing he/she will be shot at typically. If they are bent on causing carnage they will go where they know they can do so.

The last place I'd go to shoot anyone would be a place that I KNOW people will be shooting back.

I disagree. These are people targeting those they feel wronged them in many cases.

A husband who has been cheated on or a disgruntled employer with mental illness for instance don't care.

It's not just the carnage though there are those whack jobs too. Some of them specifically want to hurt their peers.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I like the Idea posted above about hiring Veterans for the job who have the marksmenship.

How many vets would want that job? Crap pay to hang around high schoolers all day. Given school funding, they would make better money at McDonalds.

In case you didn't know, the military doesn't pay great wages either. Will it cost money, yes. Is that money spent worth it to protect our schools?

Are you saying it costs too much to try and solve this problem?

I know janitors in our local school who did ok and got a pension and insurance ect. He was the janitor at our local school for 26 years.

Most teachers make more than 10 an hour.

Teachers in my state are well over that. In my town it's $64k

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: luthier

I think kids here flip out because:

1) broken homes: unstable family lives.

Happens all over the world. Only in America do they grab guns and shoot up schools.

2) video games: desensitized to violence. FPS and movies.

BS. I've played shooting games for 20 years and have NEVER had the urge to go shoot up a school or commit mass murder. That nonsense has been debunked a million times.

3) social media: desire for acceptance and narcissim

Again, only in America. You guys arent the only ones with social media, yet you are the only country that has mass school shootings.

4) standard of living: it is so high even for our poor, we lose perspective on life in general relative to the rest of the world. Oh my god, I don't have a pair of $200 jordan tennis shoes.

Same again. Only in America does the shootings happen even though poverty and "low standards of living" are prevalent throughout the world.

5) meds: I do think there is something going on with over medication and side effects

Once AGAIN: People all over the world take the same meds. Nobody else but Americans seem to take that as a que to pick up guns and commit mass murder.

Clearly you have never travelled beyond your own country and seen the world.

It is the combination of those things, not necessarily any one specific thing. Regardless, it is still rare.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

To help you argue with those that are in love with Austrailia's gun ban.......

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
DP sorry
edit on 28222828b03 by SammyB0476 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Did you have it in your constitution that you can protect yourselves from nuts that come to power?

I would absolutely LOVE to hear your plan for how you're going to defeat tanks, bombs, artillery, jets, missiles, nukes, grenades etc etc with your comparative pea-shooter. Please - enlighten us all as to your plan.......

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Ah the moronic argument.

So in your fantasy land every soldier would just act on command of a psycho?

And...have you ever heard of armed resistance groups throughout history...for instance how did Vietnam do?

It's a moronic thoughtless argument.
edit on 22-2-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Back on topic,

So the teachers will have hand guns? Right. Go at somebody who has one of those rapid fire-gun things, and see what happens. The police and security guards will be essentially helpless too with their hand guns, give me a break, unless they can get a shot from behind. How long will it take, and how many lives, to arrange that? Plus it's setting up the teachers on any given hall, to be killed first.

Hands shaking, poor vision, scared to death. Oh yeah. Miss Jones will be able to get him right between the eyes as he's mowing down her classroom with rapid fire.

Absurd.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Ah the moronic argument.

And...have you ever heard of armed resistance groups throughout history...for instance how did Vietnam do?

LOL. Nice try deflecting instead of answering the simple question.

Once again: How do you plan to fight a government that has the resources of an entire military with your comparative pea-shooters? Can you even answer the question? I starting to think you cant and you're just literally making stuff up because it sounds good.

Come on genius, answer the question.

edit on 22/2/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Ah the moronic argument.

Once again: How do you plan to fight a government that has the resources of an entire military with your comparative pea-shooters? Can you even answer the question? I starting to think you cant and you're just literally making stuff up because it sound s good.

How did Vietnam oust the us?

How did Russia defeat Germany?

Why do you think us soldiers would all fight against their families without defections of equipment?

Have you ever heard of tactics?

Do you think the veterans in militia groups would line up in the battle fields like redcoats?

Why don't you explore strategy in combat and guerrilla warfare history and come back with your big boy pants.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Personally I think if we're proposing to actually give more funding to schools it would be better spent on improving resources, hiring more teachers, paying teachers more, etc before hiring armed guards to roam the halls.

I'm not saying that these school shootings would stop if teachers were able to spend more time with each student due to smaller class sizes or if they were able to offer more robust after school programs or if they had well trained guidance counselors and therapists. But it certainly seems like a more productive course of action than hiring a bunch of heavily armed people with the sole purpose of putting down children.

Just imagine how that would feel to the students. Everyday seeing men walking around with rifles and knowing that they've been trained to kill you and your classmates. That doesn't sound like a productive learning environment.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Ah the moronic argument.

Once again: How do you plan to fight a government that has the resources of an entire military with your comparative pea-shooters? Can you even answer the question? I starting to think you cant and you're just literally making stuff up because it sound s good.

Why do you think us soldiers would all fight against their families without defections of equipment?

Do you think the veterans in militia groups would line up in the battle fields like redcoats?

Why don't you explore strategy in combat and guerrilla warfare history and come back with your big boy pants.

Whats YOUR plan mate? It's a really simple question. Why do I have to keep repeating it?????

Im rapidly coming to the conclusion you don't have one but are clinging to the false belief that one will magically appear to aid you in defeating military assets.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Ah the moronic argument.

Whats YOUR plan mate. It's a really simple question. Why do I have to keep repeating it?????

Lol. You are a joke.

You want a plan for a hypothetical situation you haven't even declared except a general bogus what would you do against bigger arms.

Which I told you history is full of this situation.

www.economist.com...

You want a full battle plan but you haven't described the war. The battle plan is dependent on the situation and changes with Intel.

First thing though there is a big difference when soldiers have to kill their own countrymen in stand offs than if people just line up to be processed.

It's far easier to take control if the citizens just get in a line and give up.

It's far harder to kill your friends and family in a battle and this is how war and the actual battle is fought. Asymmetrically with the mind.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Lol. You are a joke.

Says the guy who is doing is very best to deflect from a simple question.

You want a plan for a hypothetical situation you haven't even declared except a general bogus what would you do against bigger arms.

YOU'RE the one claiming you need your guns to defend against tyrannous government, not me. LOLOL. What a joke. You are so intent on your deflection you forget your very own words.

LOL.

Just......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Thankyou for completely proving my point!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Just in case you are not capable of understanding philosophy 101. You lost the debate.

History is literally full of guerilla warfare winning. Which is exactly what we are talking about.

So you can pretend to win this argument but writing words doesn't make your statement less falacious.

Obviously you know nothing about warfare, history or strategy so it's possible in your ignorance you believe a statement simply because you type the words and they exist.

Can you give me a hypothetical situation for me to give you a battle plan or are you going to deflect behind a talking point that isn't based on any realty?
edit on 22-2-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Just in case you are not capable of understanding philosophy 101. You lost the debate.

Only in your own head. LOL.

Can you give me a hypothetical situation for me to give you a battle plan or are you going to deflect behind a talking point that isn't based on any realty?

Can you tell me what YOUR "hypothetical" situation is that caused you to claim you needed guns to defend against it? Remembering, of course, that YOU brought that up first and hence the discussion we are having.

FYI I am onto your deflecting and won't let you get away with it.

Once again for the fools: YOU brought up the subject, not me.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
As if teachers do not have a hard enough job they have to carry guns and start looking at every stranger who comes in the school.

Trump is a massive idiot and knows nothing about teaching or law enforcement to suggest such a thing

Would he want teachers in his own sons school to be armed?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Are they to carry the gun on them openly?

Conceal it

Sure, so one of the children can get their hands on it…

Are they going to be trained?

Who’s to pay for all of that

How many teachers should be armed, all of them?

One or two of them?

What about the custodians, arm them too?

There’s only one solution to this

Throw out the Republican Party from any real power

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join