It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Bans Popular AR-15 Accessory; Police Shocked After Only 4 People Comply

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ban anything and there will be those who thumb their noses at a newly created law..

Ban drugs which is the case since I was a kid yet it would seem there are no problems with people getting their drugs of choice.

Ban anything you can think of yet every year if not every week there is a story about those who chose to ignore some law..

I found this article about Massachusetts which is one of the first states to ban the dreaded bump stocks which increase the firing rate of semi auto rifles.. It would appear there is some serious "thumbing of noses" at this new law or there just is not that many people in Massachusetts who own a BUMP STOCK..?

While it is not clear whether the bump stocks were used, or how they contributed to the carnage that resulted from the shooting, they became the focus of the mainstream media’s wrath, and Massachusetts jumped into action. Now, residents who violate the new law could spend anywhere from 18 months to life in prison.

The ban took place in the state on Feb. 1, and the new regulations gave residents the option to turn their bump stocks over to law enforcement with no repercussions—but so far, police departments in Springfield, West Springfield, Holyoke, Agawam, Granby and Ludlow have received zero bump stocks.

The Chicopee Police Department has received four bump stocks, and Officer Mike Wilk told 22News that he was actually shocked by the low response. “Four is surprising. I figured we would get a few more, but at least we got four,” Wilk said.

I feel sorry for the law abiding citizens who paid in some cases 250$ for the gun's stock only to now be labeled a criminal unless they turn them in..One day a citizen and the next day a criminal...all by the stroke of a pen..
www.activistpost.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Why is he surprised?

I wouldn't have turned it in. Let 'em arrest me, then it'll come before the courts, and be, possibly, declared unconstitutional on the grounds of due process, or lack thereof.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Perhaps the cops should study the reason why North Korea banned private ownership of firearms and allowed only security and military forces to have them.
edit on 2/21/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The ban took place in the state on Feb. 1, and the new regulations gave residents the option to turn their bump stocks over to law enforcement with no repercussions—but so far, police departments in Springfield, West Springfield, Holyoke, Agawam, Granby and Ludlow have received zero bump stocks.

They created the ban before the Parkland shooting.

Two weeks before.

So..........Might be a conspiracy there.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Those officers really don't understand the human psyche at all if they're surprised about the lack of compliance.

My suspicion is that you'll forever be on a watch list as a person who owned a now illegal item if you do turn one in. That's not a list I'd want to be on in any capacity. It could possibly affect your ability to purchase guns or other gun-related items in the future if they decide to up the ante on bans or restrictions.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

If they want you ID, meaning info on you, to drop it off then suspicion is warranted.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There are already enough laws on the books to make every person a criminal already but people just don't know it. One of these days it will be illegal to pass wind for violation of some new EPA regulation.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Yep.

The usual suspects are turning law abiding people in to criminals overnight, and it shows us who truly supports the prison industrial complex.

18 months to life for a freggin firearm accessory.

Never seeing a day in a court of law in front of a jury of our peers, and guilt proven beyond all reasonable doubt.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

There are already enough laws on the books to make every person a criminal already but people just don't know it. One of these days it will be illegal to pass wind for violation of some new EPA regulation.

I think a case could be made for the death penalty as punishment for farting in elevators.

K~

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Considering there are not records of who owns bump stocks, I can see why many didnt turn them over. As long as those who own them dont bring them out in public ranges, talk about owning them or shoot near nosy neighbors when at a private range no one will know.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Considering there are not records of who owns bump stocks

Some of the companies that sold them will have a record of purchasers. They could be forced to turn them over to authorities under some circumstance.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It still wouldnt be proof of ownership. They could have been "gifts".

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

My daughter would agree after she smelled the results of my wind passage the night before last in a closed vehicle. I had control of the windows.

On topic, I would not have turned them in either.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Why is he surprised?

I wouldn't have turned it in. Let 'em arrest me, then it'll come before the courts, and be, possibly, declared unconstitutional on the grounds of due process, or lack thereof.

Which , I feel , the folks of Mass. will be a doin very soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

They must have been from Shrewsbury.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They created the ban before the Parkland shooting.

Two weeks before.

So..........Might be a conspiracy there.

They’ve been trying to ban bumps since the Vegas shooting.

So......... no.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Honestly, only about 4 people probably owned bump stocks. It wasn't exactly a hot item until the MSM started promoting them after the LV shooting.

From the videos I've seen on YT, most people who use them say they are very clumsy and have no real value outside of being a gimmick.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Subrosabelow

If they want you ID, meaning info on you, to drop it off then suspicion is warranted.

How so? The item in question was not illegal prior to this.

What it sounds like you're implying is that anyone that owned one previously was up to no good to start with and thus worthy of suspicion. If I'm reading your comment wrong, my apologies, but how many mass shootings were committed with a bump stock? What exactly about this item makes a gun owner suspect based on the statistics?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Honestly, only about 4 people probably owned bump stocks. It wasn't exactly a hot item until the MSM started promoting them after the LV shooting.

From the videos I've seen on YT, most people who use them say they are very clumsy and have no real value outside of being a gimmick.

Yes it is strictly a spray and pray type butt stock which burns through the amount of ammo in a few heart beats that most people can not afford..

IMO anyone with a slightly above average knowledge of the trigger mechanism can take a file to the sear and turn most semis into a short burst or full automatic.. Which is illegal BIG TIME... but some still do it..or so I have been told..

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
State laws ONLY apply in the state that makes the law.

And they only apply to what the people in that state do at the time they are in the state.

If people in Massachusetts take there bump-stocks across the state line to another state there is not a thing the state of Massachusetts can do about it.

I live in calif and i keep items banned in Calif stored in Nevada and have for years.
I have large amounts of tracer, incendiary, and large cap mags stored in nevada.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join