It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The president listens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Nice response Silly.

While we are at it though ....

You all have a lot of other societal problems .... so ...

Ex military from the combat arms to safeguard the school ... but wait ... we can do more with these people.

Assuming they are paid for an 8 hour day, they guard the school ... while also helping students with 1 on 1 reading or the simpler maths ... and not necessarily in the class room ... find a nice tree to sit under.

After school they could also have small groups together ... those without fathers at home ... just to help give some kids guidance.

They can take their breaks while class is on so that they are all available at breaks.

During breaks like lunch time, they should be wondering around and TALK to those that seem like loners.

There is so much benefit for a young lonely kid if someone just sits down and chats with them.

Lastly, a guard can also be a teacher's aid and boy o boy, could your school system use some more help with teaching.

Silly, you have impressed me today. Made my day!

P

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Great! All it took was 17 people to die during the same incident as opposed to one dying per day over a span of time. This is reactive, political and narrative altering all at once.

My heart...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

returning servicemen and women are ideally suited to become safety & security mentors for the next generation and continue their public service protecting schools. There is a massive problem with military vets vis-a-vis post-combat suicide, homelessness and unemployment.

That's a great idea.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

is the president on his meds?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Nice response Silly.

While we are at it though ....

You all have a lot of other societal problems .... so ...

Ex military from the combat arms to safeguard the school ... but wait ... we can do more with these people.

Assuming they are paid for an 8 hour day, they guard the school ... while also helping students with 1 on 1 reading or the simpler maths ... and not necessarily in the class room ... find a nice tree to sit under.

After school they could also have small groups together ... those without fathers at home ... just to help give some kids guidance.

They can take their breaks while class is on so that they are all available at breaks.

During breaks like lunch time, they should be wondering around and TALK to those that seem like loners.

There is so much benefit for a young lonely kid if someone just sits down and chats with them.

Lastly, a guard can also be a teacher's aid and boy o boy, could your school system use some more help with teaching.

Silly, you have impressed me today. Made my day!

P

It's a bit of a romantic idea of what combat vets deal with on return but if properly screened it could work. As long as the realism of ptsd and brain injuries are part of the screening.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I agree with ya.
Hearing from the victims is an eye opener.
We all hear about these horrendous crimes, but when you put a face to it....simply heartbreaking like you said.

Yesterday I listened to an interview on the CBC from a few parents of the Sandy Hook shooting. They were being asked if they think if we showed graphic images of the aftermath of such incidents in the news or in schools, if that would deter potential shooters.
Not one parent thought that would be an effective strategy.
I agree with them.
But Hearing about Whatthese parents have had to cope with such sandy hook and what was left of their child to bury...

I cried in the car on the way home listening.
When I got in the house, I went straight to my youngest daughter, and gave her such A big hug and wouldn't let her go.
Luckily she's cuddly still at 9 years old, so she just let me hold her as I was in tears still.

The parent in the interview really brought the whole event into perspective for me.
The thought of what a military grade weapon, designed for maximum destruction, does to a child's little body... I can't even think about it.

I really hope these kids/young adults get the fricken message.
Guns, taking innocent lives, destroying people's family's...
Violence is not the answer. Mental illness is not an excuse..
People need to Take accountability for their actions and seek help if you have thoughts about hurting others.

It's Easy enough to say.
But how do we get that message ingrained into people's minds?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Great! All it took was 17 people to die during the same incident as opposed to one dying per day over a span of time. This is reactive, political and narrative altering all at once.

My heart...
not everyone is the same I suppose. This one seemed different to me. It's not, and they happen all the time, but maybe that's the point. Realizing I was becoming numb to this #, was a wake up call to me. We need to make some changes and they need to matter. And I don't for one second think this is any one thing to blame, it's a very spread out issue.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

If I've learned anything in my life it's that you can give some people a big hot fudge sundae with all the fixins and a silver spoon to eat it with and they will complain if you leave the cherry off. Some people just gotta bitch. I don't want ulcers so I ignore them.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Exactly. Trump stretched his hand out. He deserves praise for that effort because ya know what no other president ever did that.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I get nervous just going into the court house because of all the cops with guns and I have to go through a metal detector.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

twitter - link to video

ETA:

edit on 21/2/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: shooterbrody

Your link isn't surprising either. How can we hope to get rid of propaganda if we keep helping to fund it?

And yes, CNN most definitely is a propaganda outlet in my opinion.

for all your bluster about "being divided" it seems thats all you are here to do

now listening to citizens is propaganda

jog on

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: YouSir

Exactly. Trump stretched his hand out. He deserves praise for that effort because ya know what no other president ever did that.

he did
he listened to regular people with some very different opinions
it was a very CIVIL discussion
the kind we should be having
i hope it continues
i hope congress was listening
we the people can be a powerful force if we work together

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
all i have to say after reading through this thread is

I love you ATS. The best thread I have seen on ATS in weeks, and its a political thread no less.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I hope this will make a difference. It's such a complex multi leveled problem. These people are so brave bearing their souls. It's very heart warming that a dialog has been opened. I'm offering praise for president trump in this moment. Don't lose the moment or the chance.

Very big of you.

*applause*

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

He does, indeed. Now it's up to us to see what we can do to make sure something positive comes of this. That's where we come in.

Enough of us say something, regardless of what almost, and Congress will listen...if they want to stay in Congress. We have to make sure that they know their continued employment hinges on us, or many of us, being if not happy, at least less unhappy than we were/are.

Did that make sense? The cold medicine is kickin' in something fierce...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Not just anyone can have that job. I couldn't do it. Wouldn't want it, for that matter. So, yes, rigorous is just about the right word for it.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Gotcha covered.

You can also PM any staffer about a recommend applause.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

This whole thread is exactly how ATS should be.

Silly impressed me today as has everyone else here.

Well done ATS.

More like this please!

P

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ben Swann is reporting that according to CNN police have responded to 39 calls to Cruz’ house over a 7 year period.When is both local and federal law enforcement going to be held accountable?

Ben Swanns’ video:www.facebook.com...

CNN article:www.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join