It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The president listens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Oh I know right.

He is such a dumb animal. Not like you who pointed it out while everyone is trying to have a healing moment as a nation.

Everything about his body language indicated to me that he didn't give the slightest f# about those victims and their statements, he was only their listening to them, simply because he's job title obligated him too be...

I don't think there's a proper stance or body language when you're Live-streaming internationally surrounded by folks who've lost children and the dust hasn't even settled yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: tadaman

Oh I know right.

He is such a dumb animal. Not like you who pointed it out while everyone is trying to have a healing moment as a nation.

Everything about his body language indicated to me that he didn't give the slightest f# about those victims and their statements, he was only their listening to them, simply because he's job title obligated him too be...

I don't think there's a proper stance or body language when you're Live-streaming internationally surrounded by folks who've lost children and the dust hasn't even settled yet.

It's no use speaking to people who rabidly hate Trump and can't find one commendable aspect.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
www.cnn.com...
That is a live feed to the president listening.

Listening....

imagine that

I've been watching it for 20mins now - very interesting conversations taking place - lots of ideas being thrown around.

Australia got used as a reference point for gun restrictions by a bloke who ended up breaking down during his testimony.

Trump seems open to conceal-carry plain cloths (undercover) LEOs/teachers being trained and rolled out into schools (ex-Marines)

"Gun free zone to a manic means lets go in and lets attack because bullets aren't coming back at us" - Trump (22/02/18)

Cowards going for the low hanging fruit, nah!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Are you opposed to laying partisan nonsense aside to solve hard problems? Or, are you so filled with so much hate you can't even acknowledge when a good thing happens?

How do we resolve important issues when so many have their ears closed to anything but party talking points they ascribe to? Answer is we don't and the politicians care more about keeping us at each others throats than they do accomplishing anything. Their plan to keep us divided has worked well if it means anyone would criticize this.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This sounds amazing! But when I click on the link all I get is a blank video?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I was watching it on CNN for good hour... there were some truly inspirational speeches by some full blown serious victims of gun violence going on...

What about Trump though? The dumb stupid goose just shakes his seemingly blank head, whenever a person makes a genuine good point, then just says, "thanks"...

As if he even has the mental capacity to comprehend what these victims of gun violence have been forced to endure...

Ummm...see...that right there my friend...if I may...that response of yours is part of why we find ourselves in this predicament...How can one be so steeped in self righteous partisanship...that they not recognize a hand extended...?

How can you not recognize that this conversation the President is engendering is not for him...or about him...it's about those that have lost so much coming together to attempt to solve a monumental issue...He's asking them for dialogue...he's asking their opinion and answers...he's not there to to moderate and supply answers...he's there to start a conversation...to listen...

I called you friend...not in a derogatory fashion...not in an effort to denigrate...but in an effort to bridge difference...

Even if you choose to turn away...I will not think of you any less...you have value...just as we all have value and I value you as a human being who seeks answers to much the same questions I have often asked...

Be well...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: shooterbrody
www.cnn.com...
That is a live feed to the president listening.

Listening....

imagine that

I've been watching it for 20mins now - very interesting conversations taking place - lots of ideas being thrown around.

Australia got used as a reference point for gun restrictions by a bloke who ended up breaking down during his testimony.

Trump seems open to conceal-carry plain cloths (undercover) LEOs/teachers being trained and rolled out into schools (ex-Marines)

"Gun free zone to a manic means lets go in and lets attack because bullets aren't coming back at us" - Trump (22/02/18)

Cowards going for the low hanging fruit, nah!

I dot know if it's entirely accurate it's about a gun free zone. I think it's about the peers these people feel are at fault for their stress and perceived pain of mentally ill psychopaths. Many of them plan on dying in the process.

Not trying to nit pick but to discuss the cause and possibilities of motive.

Also a gym teacher with a ccl and a .380 in a crowded school isn't the answer. If he had special training, was screened to handle that stress, and trained regularly then it's more realistic. Shooting a handgun in a panic situation in a crowded school isn't like the movies. The NYPD f's that up regularly
edit on 21-2-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

ty.

So I guess the question now is , Have ANY past presidents done anything like this before?

Find out ATS let us all know.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Okay so if Trump is listening, and "Q" is 'really' a 'thing' there, well its time Trump hear about the MSM driven Mass Shooter Contagion Effect that is the driving force behind something like half (possibly much more) of this entire US only phenomena.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
'What would you most want me to know about your experience?'
'What can we do to help you feel safe?'
"I hear you"

You were on to something.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I am not on board with arming teachers in any way.
Teachers have enough that they have to deal with. But a few plain clothed cops blending into the background to be a quick response if someone pulls a gun. That's ok with me. As long as we don't get kids use to seeing heavy armed military type people watching them all the time. That's a bad lesson to teach our kids.

Other than that this really is something special. Trump is doing well and seems to genuinely care about what these people have to say. Even asking for people to speak up if they don't like his ideas.

Of course like I have been saying all along. The more the dems start to work with trump the more he will lean to the left.
If the dems get congress this year you are going to see a brand new trump.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Changes happening already. Sheriff's Deputies will be on school campuses armed with rifles. This is in Broward County. Parkland school districts.

Deputies to carry rifles at school

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Your living in la la land if you think that will ever be addressed. It would undermine every aspect of American culture and expose the farce we live in. The proverbial straw on a weighted camel.

Also, you're not wrong.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I hope people understand that armed guards at schools is a small part of the equation.

There are places like Russia with bad health care and plenty of guns that don't have kids gunning down other kids every other month. We need to figure that part of our culture out as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I am not on board with arming teachers in any way.
Teachers have enough that they have to deal with. But a few plain clothed cops blending into the background to be a quick response if someone pulls a gun. That's ok with me. As long as we don't get kids use to seeing heavy armed military type people watching them all the time. That's a bad lesson to teach our kids.

Other than that this really is something special. Trump is doing well and seems to genuinely care about what these people have to say. Even asking for people to speak up if they don't like his ideas.

Of course like I have been saying all along. The more the dems start to work with trump the more he will lean to the left.
If the dems get congress this year you are going to see a brand new trump.

It makes sense to achieve as many positives as possible from such a tragedy. IMO, returning servicemen and women are ideally suited to become safety & security mentors for the next generation and continue their public service protecting schools. There is a massive problem with military vets vis-a-vis post-combat suicide, homelessness and unemployment.

I agree, this is not the responsibility of teachers to address such that they should be trained accordingly, however any who wished to volunteer should be afforded due process as they would be first-responders even over that of embedded ondercover security on campus. Every second counts.

Also, reduce the reliance on pharmaceuticals and encourage an all-inclusive environment at all schools and universities.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Your link isn't surprising either. How can we hope to get rid of propaganda if we keep helping to fund it?

And yes, CNN most definitely is a propaganda outlet in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Sublimecraft

ty.

So I guess the question now is , Have ANY past presidents done anything like this before?

Find out ATS let us all know.

Yes. They have, on many issues, including divisive ones. The first one I remember clearly is Johnson sitting down with MLK and other Black leaders to address violence and civil rights in the wake of the 16th Street Church Bombing that killed four little girls and led to the creation of and the signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1965.

Now...that's a president who sat down with grieving and concerned citizens and came up with a plan for action and forced congress to follow through - and as far as I'm aware, every president since then (and before then) have sat down with individual interest groups and promoted legislation.

It remains to be seen if Trump will do anything other than sit down in front of these people.

I don't know if you saw any of the reports on Obama's response to Sandy Hook... how he went in and listened to individual families, learned their children's names, talked with the whole family and more. If you haven't read it, it's a very touching story about how the whole team worked together to make the encounter about the families and the dead children and not politics or anything else.

edit on 21-2-2018 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, Trump has been at war with the MSM, no?

He could annihilate them with this issue and have science on his side.

All this game of 'blame the guns' / 'defend the guns' is the MSM's game of keeping us at each others throats while they continue their sadistic game of aggression.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

By claim and deed, sure.

Also through the same mediums though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join