It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The president listens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: shooterbrody
www.cnn.com...
That is a live feed to the president listening.

Listening....

imagine that

I've been watching it for 20mins now - very interesting conversations taking place - lots of ideas being thrown around.

Australia got used as a reference point for gun restrictions by a bloke how ended up breaking down during his testimony.

Trump seems open to conceal-carry plain cloths LEOs/teachers being trained and rolled out into schools (ex-Marines)

"Gun free zone to a manic means lets go in and lets attack because bullets aren't coming back at us" - Trump (just now)

I don't disregard the need for undercover security. However police or vets are not necessarily the best choice.

The training it takes to identify and neutralize without hurting others or creating a cross fire is a specialized skill.

Most school shooters are committing suicide. It isn't the lack of guns it's the way they feel about the peers either bullying or the perception of their treatment by the society in school.

If there are armed people the training should be fairly rigorous. Police aren't very good shots and vets may not be up to date or worse suffering themselves from trauma.

I hope a screening process would be used and it wouldn't just be another half ass government program.

As an avid shooter myself. Marksmanship under pressure is a skill that takes constant training to be good at. Assessing threats also is a skill officers don't necessarily have.
edit on 21-2-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

i hope so
i hope all perspectives continue to be heard

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This affects all of us. I'm very impressed by the effort to hear us.
I loved that he asked for ideas too. Nothing new was offered but it still is good for people to feel that their ideas are respected.

If I could give you an applause (for whatever it's worth), I would.

That was sweet.
edit on 2212018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

edit on 2212018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I have a feeling these kids aren't going to let that happen.
Fingers crossed this is the last time we mourn as a nation.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's encouraging to see the president act this way and for people who normally are at odds to come together as Americans to face a problem we all share.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Genuinely glad to see this happening.

For those who have lost family and friends my heart
goes out to them.....

Thank you President Trump!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Bravo President Trump!

It's about damn time. I don't care for Trump much, but he gets my praise for this.

The politicians that are politicizing this, need to learn from this. I'd hope many are hanging their heads in shame on both sides of the aisle.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
It's encouraging to see the president act this way and for people who normally are at odds to come together as Americans to face a problem we all share.

i agree
it is going to take all of us coming together
i hope this conversation in this tone does not stop today

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
About damned time.

He's listening, or seems to be. I'll be very curious to see what comes of this.

Credit where credit is due.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Those are all issues that'll need to be worked out.

No TSA class hiring, as we've seen in the airports.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That was well said.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Or police forces.

Taking out a threat in a crowded school isn't very easy. Particularly with the shock of seeing children that have been targeted by these nut jobs.

The screening for that type of person should be pretty rigorous. The maintenence training should be constant.

I could see having a non lethal program as well. Surveillance being fed to AI and trained people who read body language and possible things like sonic weapons. The problem is keeping those from the wrong people or pranksters.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I was watching it on CNN for good hour... there were some truly inspirational speeches by some full blown serious victims of gun violence going on...

What about Trump though? The dumb stupid goose just shakes his seemingly blank head, whenever a person makes a genuine good point, then just says, "thanks"...

As if he even has the mental capacity to comprehend what these victims of gun violence have been forced to endure...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I'm giving him kudos just for arranging this type of forum.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Oh I know right.

He is such a dumb animal. Not like you who pointed it out while everyone is trying to have a healing moment as a nation.

EDIT TO ADD:
To everyone else who I usually disagree with. You made me take a step back. I was wrong to dismiss you guys all together.

edit on 2 21 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I'm giving him kudos just for arranging this type of forum.

Yup.

I am not a fan of his at all.. But this was an important thing for a president to do and it deserves recognition.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Oh I know right.

He is such a dumb animal. Not like you who pointed it out while everyone is trying to have a healing moment as a nation.

Everything about his body language indicated to me that he didn't give the slightest f# about those victims and their statements, he was only their listening to them, simply because he's job title obligated him too be...
edit on 21-2-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: tadaman

Oh I know right.

Everything about his body language indicated to me that he didn't give the slightest f# about those victims their statements, he was only their listening to them, simply because he's job title obligated him too be...

Maybe you would have preferred he used them all as propaganda in an anti gun political campaign?

The point is he did it, we saw people's stories and he listened rather than used propaganda.

He said things somw of his base will not like to hear.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I watched it and it was really good. They need to blend all of there ideas together bc they are all good. Having two young kids, these school shootings really get to me. Protecting kids has to be a priority and politics have to be kicked to the curb.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join