It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone head and structures found on Mars.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Pareidolia and Photoshop, but don't ever change, the History Channel needs money I guess.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I see what looks as a face in the first one, but that could actually just be something natural. We cannot see both sides of it. We tend to see what we know, although it resembles half a face to me I know it could just be my mind connecting it into a face. Long ago there could have been beings on Mars, they are most likely long gone now if they were, maybe they moved here to earth, maybe we are them.

Have you ever looked at folded ink blotches and seen something in them?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I don't recall the one under #3. It almost appears to be a pharaoh face as well-whethered or of course pareidolia. The first(shared already anyway) was a fun find around here.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Great post. I was just looking through the original photo and found some more interesting anomalies. The second one is a ripper.

On second look I'm almost sure the second pic is an photo artifact, because there are a few areas that are partially blurred like that in the original. But here I found an eye!

edit on 22-2-2018 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Now I'm getting curiouser and curiouser. I found this oddity!. First pick is really zoomed in far no filters. Second pic is zoomed in a few notches and third pic shows the artifacts location on the original photo. So you have to be zoomed right in to notice it.

I liked the stone head in your OP too, I tend to look at everything with a fine toothed comb and I have come across many annomalies on Mars and elsewhere. It really does interest me a great deal, even if a lot of these artifacts turn out to be just photographic glitches and rocks. There are still many unexplained oddities as well.

edit on 22-2-2018 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Pareidolia

Yeah, it's not like it hasn't helped us survive at all.

You chumps died out or got eaten coz that rock is not a saber-tooth tiger.

At least there would be more of you now.

Idiots.

edit on 2 22 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hmmm. Inneresting. But there is help for people like us:

Pareidolia Anonymous

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DeltaWonderland

Is this near stone nest? Supply us with SOL date plx?

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
not sure if this has been done before but has anyone taken any machine learning algorithms to all the Mars photos?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IsthmusLove

Yes, but even so. Very little can be gained from 2 megapixel images being taken by a mechanical beast. (Curiosity should scare the crap out of any life forms able to perceive it. Wouldn't be surprised if life has just been avoiding the damn thing.)

ExoMars has a very high likelihood of confirming many theorized forms of life and will have much more detailed imagery. I say just wait a few years, Exo will likely answer all our pending queries.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join