It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Doxes Elderly Trump Supporter, Harasses Her, Accuses Her Of Working For Russian Trolls

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I don't get it either. She did spread memes generated by Russian trolls. Both Twitter and Facebook keep records of your geolocation when you post even if you elect to hide that information yourself.

They went to her, told her what happened and asked for her comment. She doubled down on denial. That's the way it works sometimes.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this is a bridge too far, but harassing and accusing high school kids of being "crisis actors" after they survived a terrorist duck hunt at their school is perfectly ok?

Utter hypocritical nonsense.

(And yes, CNN should apologize for and update any stories they did during the election where they used "Russian trolls" as a primary source.)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
...and so it begins.

Communist!

Terrorist!

Reading the comments that people have left her
is just sickening, accusing her of treason
and wishing her dead.

Unreal!

And they want us to give up our guns. No thanks. We are at a really interesting (didn't want to use profanity) point in time right now in America.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I do not support CNN in their choice of theater tactics. A wiser choice would have been to find a number of facebook activists and supporters of Trump and invite them onto a program. Even pay for their travel and lodging if necessary. They could have filmed a casual educational seminar with say a dozen of these people and presented them with the proof of where their ideas had originated and then engaged in discussion. Choosing to interview one woman at her house was a poor choice. It was theater, and poorly done. But it was not harassment.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's a bit amazing how some are so partisan they can't see the potential for something to happen to this woman as a direct result of her private residence being stalked by a journalist, who would likely be thrilled if she were attacked by someone and they could get another story.

I highly suspect it would be different if it were you who had their privacy compromised and you and your family put at risk.

They painted a target on that woman's back for purely political reasons. Deny ignorance my backside.

There is little difference between ambush journalism and stalkers. The exact same sick mentality is involved.

We've all seen them do this to victims after horrific events also.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Imagine that. A thread on ATS that takes what happened out of context to push a narrative towards the easily duped and gullible.

Watch the entire video, but of course as always you
are entitled to your own opinion.

Nothing was taken out of context.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

She also still refuses to believe that to be true.

She simply said she thought the news guy was B.S.

That is pretty obvious....

But again, why did CNN badger her when they did something
worse themselves. In addition, Rod Rosenstein had just
went before the country in a press conference and confirmed
that no Americans knowingly participated with any Russian.

What about that is so hard to understand?

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

She also still refuses to believe that to be true.

She simply said she thought the news guy was B.S.

That is pretty obvious....

No, she said that the claim that she was duped by Russian Trolls was the FBI trying to cover up that they fumbled the tip line in the school shooting.

Similar to Trumps Tweet.

She said Mueller's Indictment was fiction.

edit on 22-2-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGOAT

originally posted by: Spider879
No harassment here, a question was asked, if she knew Russian Trolls where trying to manipulate her , she hated the implications and stormed off.

But here is to the core of what's going on, ppl on all sides are being gaslighted, we are divided along many lines, Russian Trolls simply feed the fire.

Bull#, that "reporter" was doing nothing other than trying to get a reaction out of that lady in order to say "Oh, look how Trump supports act and deny". That's it, plain and simple.

OK sayz u, I'm gonna ask U this, was / are Russians trollz, gas lighting Americans of various political views and counter views for their own agendas.
edit on 22-2-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Excuse me? I have watched several times and never
heard Robert Muellers name. Would you care to tell
me the minute mark this oocurs?

Also, and again.

Rod Rosenstein said
no Americans knowingly participated....

" There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election. "

So why would it be a surprise this woman did not know, and
did not believe some "patriot" group was working on the net?

And please do not forget that this same "patriot" group
also promoted Bernie Sanders, and protests against Trump!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Imagine that. A thread on ATS that takes what happened out of context to push a narrative towards the easily duped and gullible.

Watch the entire video, but of course as always you
are entitled to your own opinion.

Nothing was taken out of context.

If you even remotely think that she was harassed by CNN, you are taking it out of context.
edit on 22-2-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

If you even remotely think that she was harassed by CNN, you are taking it out of context.

By definition

Harass : Verb

1. Subject to aggressive pressure or intimidation.

Clearly you are wrong.

She was pressured several times, and intimidated!
edit on 22-2-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Excuse me? I have watched several times and never
heard Robert Muellers name. Would you care to tell
me the minute mark this oocurs?

She didn't name Mueller by name.
She said the details of the indictment that Special Counsel Mueller issued were a ploy to distract from the fact that the FBI fumbled the Florida Tip line.

let me know if you dispute this and I can watch again and cite minute marks in video.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I do not support CNN in their choice of theater tactics. A wiser choice would have been to find a number of facebook activists and supporters of Trump and invite them onto a program. Even pay for their travel and lodging if necessary. They could have filmed a casual educational seminar with say a dozen of these people and presented them with the proof of where their ideas had originated and then engaged in discussion. Choosing to interview one woman at her house was a poor choice. It was theater, and poorly done. But it was not harassment.

I think it was harassing enough that someone should have kicked the reporters azz. Ya know, people just keep racing past these intangible lines that have always been the boundaries of good/bad conduct. And now they no longer exist. Well, they no longer exist for the left.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

She didn't name Mueller by name.

Right, she didn't.

I am interested in hearing your opinion of where
exactly she said anything about the indictment.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

I think it was harassing enough that someone should have kicked the reporters azz. Ya know, people just keep racing past these intangible lines that have always been the boundaries of good/bad conduct. And now they no longer exist. Well, they no longer exist for the left.

I can accept that the lines of impropriety are dissolving, and that this is not a good thing. I agree that CNNs choice on how to ''report'' their news was ill advised and could have been done on a more proper level. However, the claim of harassment is my main problem with this article. A known right wing smear outlet called it harassment when it was not so clear as they made it out to be.
Did they call her first? We don't know.
Did she agree to them coming to her home? We don't know.
Did she come out of here house to be interviewed. Yes she did.
Did she engage with them and express her opinions and actions? Yes she did.
Did she take any actions to reach authorities to end her ''harassment"? Apparently not.
Those variables taken into account, along with this woman not seeking lawful protection continues to lead me to a conclusion that this was not harassment.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

CNN crossed the line when they went to a regular citizen's home who posts online. This is scary. It could happen to any of us. There actually is NO privacy. Anytime the media doesnt like something you're saying or doing they will now try to destroy you and publicly shame you. Like when they tried to dox the guy who posted a wwe meme. It should be illegal to do this.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You´re so desperatly clutching on straws, you should take a step back and read the # you are writing, seriously.

You should be ashamed, justifying that she now has a crosshair on her back, because she supposedly ran a supporters page. It shows you and your kind have lost the last bit of sanity.

Disgusting.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

This is actually a good thing.

the more people see leftists media attack regular people for not adhering to their ideology, the more people are going to side with Trump.

I've even seen people on this site, not Trump fans at all get pushed back by the leftists.

The democrats and MSM and leftists are working very hard to insure that Trump gets elected again.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've even seen people on this site, not Trump fans at all get pushed back by the leftists.

This was happening to me during the primaries, I was rooting
for Rand Paul as usual and at first had my doubts about Trump
but just because I was against Clinton I was attacked.

Then all of the dirt came out on the Clinton campaign and all the phony stuff
like rigging the election, the DNC dirt, the double standards.

Even Bernie supporters were trashed for not voting Clinton!

The Russian trolls were even against Bernie!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I was a fan of Dr. Ben Carson.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join