It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build a Fake News Empire... For Science!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
They've blinded me with Science!

I couldn't resist.

Cambridge University put together a tool, more specifically, an online game in hopes to train others on understanding 'Fake News'. I played this game here just recently and I really don't know if it was worth my time or not. It seems that it's more based on a mindset of how you want to play the game than anything else. If you set yourself to play as an evil person, you'll get a higher score than someone who was honest and sympathetic.

Sorce

Cambridge University researchers have released an online game that aims to "vaccinate" people against fake news.

"A biological vaccine administers a small dose of the disease to build immunity. Similarly, inoculation theory suggests that exposure to a weak or demystified version of an argument makes it easier to refute when confronted with more persuasive claims," said Dr Sander van der Linden, Director of Cambridge University's Social Decision-Making Lab.

"If you know what it is like to walk in the shoes of someone who is actively trying to deceive you, it should increase your ability to spot and resist the techniques of deceit."

Guess I'll just leave it up to you.

The Game: Bad News

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

"If you know what it is like to walk in the shoes of someone who is actively trying to deceive you, it should increase your ability to spot and resist the techniques of deceit."

Well at least they admit THEY ARE trying to deceive you.

End program.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
If you set yourself to play as an evil person, you'll get a higher score than someone who was honest and sympathetic.

Well, that's just how the world works...

Interesting game, but nothing we (most of us) do not know already.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

. If you set yourself to play as an evil person, you'll get a higher score than someone who was honest and sympathetic.

Risk, Monopoly, Chess, Organized sports, all designed to enhance greed, avarice and conquest. They teach you how to compete against one another, the goal being nothing less that getting it all.

Or you could become a lawyer, a CEO, a general, politician, judge, cop, soldier, whatever.

Got a degree, got a license, got a permit to kill, destroy, vanquish?

If you want to be inoculated against the current paradigm's lies, study history. Especially the history of Empire building.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Being dishonest is the most effective way to get something.

Humans figure it out at a young age.
Self-teaching robots do, too.

www.popsci.com...

qz.com...

new topics

top topics

join