It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter deletes Russian bots, right wingers freak out!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What do you need explaining for this? At the end of the day it is impossible to see if an account is staffed by a bot or a real person. The best way is to flag suspicious ones then force all of them to reverify.

Oh, I don't need it to be explained, but you did a great job.

Expressing a conservative point of view, on Twitter, makes you "suspicious."

Gestapo.

At NO point have I and especially not Twitter expressed what criteria Twitter used to flag suspicious accounts. So this is slander until proven otherwise.
edit on 21-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

the serious part of all of this, krazyshot...well. serious to me, anyway...is that I haven't seen one trump voter admit to Russian bots being used to sway their votes...

Did it ever occur to you that Russian bots didn't sway any conservative votes? I mean, conservatives have always strongly disliked Hillary. They weren't going to vote for her from day 1.

If anyone maybe fell for Russian bots to Hillary's detriment, it would be Bernie voters who voted for Trump at a rate of 1 in 10.

Seems it's the lefties (registered Democrats) that would have been most vulnerable to pro-Trump/Anti-Hillary Russian bots and trolls. (This is where you accuse them of being too gullible and stupid and eat your own.)

ETA: And, FTR, I didn't vote for Trump. I voted for Gary Johnson. And that had nothing to do with Russian bots. I don't vote for either party's candidates as a very strict rule.

edit on 2/21/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

lol...ok.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: soundguy

вы не можете троллить лучше меня товарищ.

type in English or get the F out, you've already done this several times and the mods haven't done anything yet....are you typing instructions on how to destroy America, or telling your comrades secretly in America what the next operation is suppose to do

L O L ! ! ! !

Everyone look, more censorship!!

How about YOU post something of substance for once or get the F out?

Actually scratch that, because I don't want to turn into a closet dictator like you. Plus I'd rather you continue posting your ignorance because it is a great reminder of how fortunate I am to NOT be living in the same bubble as you.

And for that, спасибо товарищу!!!

read 15i of the terms and conditions of ATS, it says type in English, period...........and you talk of ignorance?????????
go away little man, and bother someone else you can lie to.....

Then why haven't you been banned yet for speaking only gibberish? I mean, it might as well be.

Jimmy if I recall correctly, it was YOU that replied to me and initiated our conversation. How about you take your own advice and go bother somebody else? Unless of course you enjoy looking silly, then by all means big man.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

You are welcome to prove me wrong and show me Twitter's criteria for suspending these accounts, but until you do you really don't have a leg to stand on in support of this conspiracy. I already explained how this is standard IT protocol to clean up a systems' accounts. So you have to produce some damning evidence to show that this effort was anything but above the board. That is called denying ignorance, ma'am.

Show me that this conspiracy is more than just a conservative persecution complex.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Russian, Albanian, Norwegian, British, US. . . So many opinions.

*shrug*

And all I see is the celebration of censorship.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You are welcome to prove me wrong and show me Twitter's criteria for suspending these accounts, but until you do you really don't have a leg to stand on in support of this conspiracy. I already explained how this is standard IT protocol to clean up a systems' accounts. So you have to produce some damning evidence to show that this effort was anything but above the board. That is called denying ignorance, ma'am.

Show me that this conspiracy is more than just a conservative persecution complex.

I have requested several posters provide links to their claims about how liberals were also targeted and how people using Russian ISPs were targeted.

I even said I am definitely open to considering new information and would revise my opinion accordingly.

So far, no one has taken me up on those requests.

And until I do know more, I am not married to my current opinion.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well I just put it to YOU to prove your conspiracy by producing Twitter's criteria for locking out the accounts and you aren't returning the favor either. To be honest, your claim is more outlandish than ours, and as they say, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Produce that criteria and stop worrying about what others aren't producing. Your conspiracy is still lacking in the evidence department regardless of what has been supplied to you.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Well I just put it to YOU to prove your conspiracy by producing Twitter's criteria for locking out the accounts and you aren't returning the favor either. To be honest, your claim is more outlandish than ours, and as they say, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Produce that criteria and stop worrying about what others aren't producing. Your conspiracy is still lacking in the evidence department regardless of what has been supplied to you.

I never said I knew anything with any certainty. I'm discussing what's been presented in this thread and debating the scenarios and guesses you've put forth.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well you seem to be favoring the conspiracy theory as real. I'm merely siding with the likely series of events, ie Occam's Razor.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well you seem to be favoring the conspiracy theory as real. I'm merely siding with the likely series of events, ie Occam's Razor.

Well, I am confident more than one person was involved in the decisions surrounding this purge.

Or, do you think it was just one rogue employee? I think Occam's Razor favors me if you do.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
So I read that twitter deleted hundreds of thousands Russian bot accounts last night. Apparently this action is having a massive impact on the mental health of the defectives on the right who thought they were real people.

Some of the replies are pure comedy gold. I heard a rumor that Hanity lost over 300,000 followers alone.

Should they call this the Great Twitter Massacre?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Well, I am confident more than one person was involved in the decisions surrounding this purge.

Or, do you think it was just one rogue employee? I think Occam's Razor favors me if you do.

Not sure what you are talking about here. Twitter isn't being coy about this at all. They 100% admit to doing the purge.

Hey look. Evidence!
Twitter says most recent follower purge is about bots, not politics

A Twitter spokesperson has now weighed in saying, "Twitter's tools are apolitical, and we enforce our rules without political bias. As part of our ongoing work in safety, we identify suspicious account behaviors that indicate automated activity or violations of our policies around having multiple accounts, or abuse. We also take action on any accounts we find that violate our terms of service, including asking account owners to confirm a phone number so we can confirm a human is behind it. That's why some people may be experiencing suspensions or locks. This is part of our ongoing, comprehensive efforts to make Twitter safer and healthier for everyone." The company also pointed to this page which details its enforcement actions.

Twitter's Range of Enforcement Options

Verifying account ownership: To ensure that violators do not abuse the anonymity we offer and harass others on the platform, we may require the account owner to verify ownership with a phone number or email address. This also helps us identify violators who are operating multiple accounts for abusive purposes and take action on such accounts.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

They don't know they are bots till after twitter checks the posting history. See bots become predictable after a while. Saying the same things the same ways over and over.

They lack a lot of the nuance of human language.

That's why real people got caught up in the purge as well.
Twitter payed someone to write a program that would seek out posts that fit a set of parameters. No none of those parameters were political ( I assume they would claim).
The parameters would be things like word placement and slang use. Stuff like that. The program would search out those posts and then flag them to be ran through again with more parameters. That's how I think it happened. How else could they find all those bots.
edit on 21-2-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Great! Then it will obviously have affected *liberal* account holders fairly equally and I am sure that will be reported soon to set people's minds at ease.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Again. The effects don't HAVE to be equal if the number of bots favor one side or the other. This isn't Communism where everyone gets the same treatment.

If there are 100 liberal bots and 1000 conservative bots then the purge would be conservative biased even if the algorithm detecting the bots is programmed apolitically. This is true for the reverse as well.

If we were to follow your idea then 100 liberal bots and 100 conservative bots would be deleted and 900 conservative bots would remain. That is dumb.

This is just common sense.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Not if it really was a coordinated effort by russia to target republicans it wont.

The real proof will be in a few weeks when if MOST of the purged accounts don't come back.
the real humans are already coming back. The ones that mistakenly got purged. The bots wont come back , not right away.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Again. The effects don't HAVE to be equal if the number of bots favor one side or the other. This isn't Communism where everyone gets the same treatment.

If there are 100 liberal bots and 1000 conservative bots then the purge would be conservative biased even if the algorithm detecting the bots is programmed apolitically. This is true for the reverse as well.

If we were to follow your idea then 100 liberal bots and 100 conservative bots would be deleted and 900 conservative bots would remain. That is dumb.

This is just common sense.

There can be one million conservative bots and 10 liberal ones deactivated or vice versa. I'm not arguing that is a red flag about Twitter's bias.

What I am saying is the number of REAL accounts that were deactivated should be similar for liberals and conservatives based on the criteria you quoted Twitter used.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Same answer to you:

There can be one million conservative bots and 10 liberal ones deactivated or vice versa. I'm not arguing that is a red flag about Twitter's bias.

What I am saying is the number of REAL accounts that were deactivated should be similar for liberals and conservatives based on the criteria Krazysh0t quoted Twitter used.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Censorship of soulless bots that have no rights.

Doesn't bother me one bit.

The humans that got caught in the purge can easily get back on twitter.

Lastly this is a business and I always side with letting a business choose who they do business with.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join