It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter deletes Russian bots, right wingers freak out!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
a reply to: ColdWisdom

How is it a civil war? It's bot accounts being deleted.

Bots aren't real people. It isn't stifling freedom of speech to delete fake accounts.

For heaven's sake folks. If anything this restores free speech by removing large numbers of fake accounts that were being used to clusterbomb the narrative.

So you’re either not reading my posts or intentionally trolling this thread.

REAL people, that all happen to be conservative (more or less), are being censored and asked to give their phone # to prove that they are not a bot.

If Twitter wanted to eliminate every bot on its platform they would make this phone # validation mandatory for ALL users.

The fact that this has only affected people whom are publically conservative should be evidence enough that there is in fact an ideological shakedown taking place.

I can’t in my entire life ever remember a time when this country was so divided.

Now we have Silicon Valley billionaires just blatantly killing free speech, right out in the open, and with the help of the MSM at that.

The internet is supposed to free mankind, not enslave it.

Information should be free.

edit on 2/21/2018 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It was a very gestapo style move.

BUT, if real people swept up in the purge reactivate their accounts...they have no one to blame but themselves, now.

Anyone and everyone who takes issue with how this was handled should leave en masse. They won't though. If I had a Twitter account I would close it even if mine wasn't deactivated.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
People are upset that their imaginary friends are being censored.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Apparently, it wasn't just bot accounts that were deactivated.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: soundguy

вы не можете троллить лучше меня товарищ.

type in English or get the F out, you've already done this several times and the mods haven't done anything yet....are you typing instructions on how to destroy America, or telling your comrades secretly in America what the next operation is suppose to do

L O L ! ! ! !

Everyone look, more censorship!!

How about YOU post something of substance for once or get the F out?

Actually scratch that, because I don't want to turn into a closet dictator like you. Plus I'd rather you continue posting your ignorance because it is a great reminder of how fortunate I am to NOT be living in the same bubble as you.

And for that, спасибо товарищу!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm curious if all the people here saying this is a non-issue even bothered to watch the video ? Does it not bother them that you had Twitter employees outright saying they were bumping people based SOLEY on the whether or not they were PERSONALLY offended by the posts ?

I actually would be equally appalled had they targeted any group based on political ideology, or applied the new phone number rule to EVERYONE, but they didn't, that should give us a clue. The fair minded people are leaving the Democratic party in droves because of this kind of crap. I wouldn't give my phone # to Twitter, especially with all the "stuff" that can be put in cell phones these days.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I agree. I certainly would not give Twitter my phone number. Why provide more info for others to easily harass me? It is not simple paranoia, but reality being played out. What's next once you have been placed on a list? Perhaps....This?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I am sure that not all of them were bots and if you read up on it there were also accounts locked out that were not pro-conservative.

The phone number verification was made prior to a lock out. If someone's account is locked out all they have to do is log in and everything is re-followed. If that is too hard for people then they get another award.
edit on 21-2-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I am sure that not all of them were bots and if you read up on it there were also accounts locked out that were not pro-conservative.

The phone number verification was made prior to a lock out. If someone's account is locked out all they have to do is log in and everything is re-followed. If that is too hard for people then they get another award.

This. So many posters are trying to make this out to be a bigger deal because they want to feel persecuted no matter what. Even people who don't have Twitter are trying to jump in on the fun of pretending to be persecuted.
edit on 21-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I agree. I certainly would not give Twitter my phone number. Why provide more info for others to easily harass me? It is not simple paranoia, but reality being played out. What's next once you have been placed on a list? Perhaps....This?

Funny how some of you Americans bitch when MSM uses anonymous sources yet when someone asks you to verify your own identity on the internet you refuse. Hypocrites!!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If you cannot live alongside bots, programs, avatars, you should probably remove yourself from the internet.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy
Last I checked twitter is 90% bots in general.
The manipulation goes both ways friend.
Liberals are just far more gullable.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Probably because it’s the rwnj’s that keep retweeting them. Killing freedumb of speech, lol. Oh you poor widdle snowflakes. Maybe a nap and juice box will make it all better.

edit on 21-2-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Last I checked twitter is 90% bots in general.
The manipulation goes both ways friend.
Liberals are just far more gullable.

I think it's something like 15%, but it is still a huge number. Either way, the problem is not the bots, but the pernicious idea that Twitter is an adequete measure of any population.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
If you cannot live alongside bots, programs, avatars, you should probably remove yourself from the internet.

Really? So people deliberately spamming platforms with fake information is the same as "programs" and avatars?! Rofl. You are way out of your comfort zone now

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I saw that thread and it bothered me in so many ways that I had to close it.

You're correct...it's not paranoia. And, Twitter just doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt because their business practices suck.

They deserve a massive & permanent boycott. I don't know why that's not being organized, right now. Hopefully, some Russian trolls can get that going if no one in the U.S. is going to.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

originally posted by: Painterz

How is it a civil war? It's bot accounts being deleted.

Bots aren't real people. It isn't stifling freedom of speech to delete fake accounts.

For heaven's sake folks. If anything this restores free speech by removing large numbers of fake accounts that were being used to clusterbomb the narrative.

The fact that this has only affected people whom are publically conservative should be evidence enough that there is in fact an ideological shakedown taking place.

I am a leftie and I agree with you.

I am also surprised and disgusted by the posters in this thread who seem to be very happy with political censorship. Only true ignoramuses do not understand what a slippery and dangerous slope it is when certain opinions and political leanings are labeled "wrongthink" and removed. Also, only ignoramuses still believe this massive Russia meddling hoax that the DNC and creeps like "Skippy" Podesta cooked up to explain away the highly predictable and deserved loss of the inelectable Hillary Clinton.

Hm, wonder what the ignoramuses' reaction would be if Twitter was taken over by some uber conservative person or group who wanted to silence every Dem, progressive and liberal, and simply started removing them, their followers or people they follow - cause sumthing sumthing "bots". Or if the owners of ATS suddenly decided that only Trump voters or right leaning people were allowed to post here, wow, imagine the whining, crying and bitching to the max. Perhaps not so fun with censorship then, ignoramuses?

SMH

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
nm
edit on 2 21 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Oh, please supplement the thread if you have sources saying it wasn't a purge that primarily targeted conservatives! That would be very helpful to the conversation!

Also, do you know if the phone number verification was optional before the mass deactivations?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well, at least you can let me answer before you try to speak for me. I have zero problems considering new information about the purge as it becomes available.

Geez.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join