It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter deletes Russian bots, right wingers freak out!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Real people reactivate and the bots stay banned

Ha...no.

Real people may also elect not to reactivate when asked to provide a phone number for Twitter's 'Suspected Russian Bot' list. I know I wouldn't.

You can't possibly conflate a list of everyone who doesn't reactivate to an exclusive list of bot accounts. But, I suspect you will still try.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'll wait a few days and if Twitter issues this safety measure to all users. If they don't then it's definitely beyond suspicious. I seriously doubt they will though.

edit on 21-2-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't use Twitter or Facebook. But even so, every night after laying my head down to sleep, I look up, my lips quivering, and ask the same question, "Mommy...am I a bot."

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Real people reactivate and the bots stay banned

Ha...no.

Real people may also elect not to reactivate when asked to provide a phone number for Twitter's 'Suspected Russian Bot' list. I know I wouldn't.

You can't possibly conflate a list of everyone who doesn't reactivate to an exclusive list of bot accounts. But, I suspect you will still try.

Well that is between that user and Twitter. Personally, I still don't care. There is nothing wrong or shady with Twitter forcing a bunch of users to re-verify their accounts even if they include additional information not originally required. If the users being locked don't want to come back they don't have to. No one is twisting anyone's arm to force them to use Twitter and troll people. I don't use Twitter and live my life just fine for instance. I even work in IT and everything, so you can even have a job working on computers and not have a Twitter account. Crazy? I know.
edit on 21-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Some of the replies are pure comedy gold. I heard a rumor that Hanity lost over 300,000 followers alone.

Of course he did, he's Pravda on the Potomac.

WATCH: MSNBC’s Velshi shows the direct link from Russian ‘disinformation’ attacks to Sean Hannity’s Twitter account
www.rawstory.com...

Pizza Gate !!! Soul Cooking !!! Ankle bracelets bla bla bla.

How often right on this very board did we see the reich-wing joyfully regurgitate every Russian fake meme.

They still defend these proven lies on the net to this day.

There is no reasoning with these people, perhaps all the so called Americans (40+% of the republican base) that admire Putin more than their fellow countrymen should emigrate to Russia.

They'll love it, it's a whiteman's LGBT/minority hating paradise.

K~
edit on 21-2-2018 by aethertek because: spc

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

NOW it is removing the people I'm following along with my followers.
Love the censorship!

LOL your followers aren't real people.

How does that make you feel?

Beep beep beep, I am a bot, please do not respond.

ETA:

This thread is comedy gold!
edit on 21-2-2018 by JosephKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
dp
edit on 21-2-2018 by JosephKnecht because: sorry, dp

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

Glad you guys are enjoying the censorship.
edit on 2/21/2018 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Arnie123

I didn't really start using Twitter till Trump and most followers/ followed were Trump supporters. I guess that's why I'm seeing it so obviously.

If Trump and his supporters jumped off a bridge, would you do it to? I think that your above post makes you a "follower" in every way possible.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Name me one person who got censored, in case you haven't noticed, bots are not real people.

Imagine if Killary was exposed for doing this, there would be a thread with 500 flags and a whole lot of back scratching going on and you would be there supporting the censorship of her bots.

You know it's true.

So save the crocodile tears, you don't care about the "censorship"

ETA:

I don't enjoy the censorship, I enjoy your outrage over something so trivial.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

вы не можете троллить лучше меня товарищ.

type in English or get the F out, you've already done this several times and the mods haven't done anything yet....are you typing instructions on how to destroy America, or telling your comrades secretly in America what the next operation is suppose to do

edit on 21-2-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

type in English or get the F out, you've already done this several times and the mods haven't done anything yet....are you typing instructions on how to destroy America, or telling your comrades secretly in America what the next operation is suppose to do

Translated it says...

You can not troll better than me friend

So I suppose he is making his intentions clear?

K~

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

only of Russians trying to destroy this country. and by the way, how can one GO ON TWITTER and talk about TWITTER CENSORSHIP!!! which is going on right now....what bizarre type of logic is that
edit on 21-2-2018 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is literally an all out civil war being fought on the digital front.

Civil proxy war?

Anyways, the fools that show up to post, having not read the thread, make it difficult to lap up any constructive dialogue.

It’s been more than established by now that Twitter is censoring real people, and a lot of them.

Furthermore, it’s naive to assume that bots only exist to follow people of right leaning persuasion. The fact that no left leaning twitter users (except for Bernie Sanders) are having this problem should, in fact, be a statistical anomaly.

But no, just believe what ever supports your predisposed partisan BS. It’s amazing that Twitter is still up and running at this point, given that their business model has consistently been to silence, control, & exploit their user base.

edit on 2/21/2018 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
only of Russians trying to destroy this country.

No one has wreaked havoc on this country like Democrats and Republicans and their irrational hate for one another.

As long as 'the other party' is made to suffer somehow, f*k everyone else.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
All week, Douglas students have demanded change, and garbage people have accused them of being actors as they cried over losing friends in a brutal, bloody massacre. Those exact same garbage people are currently crying over losing imaginary Twitter followers.

It's not irrational hatred for one another. It's the irrational hatred of the alt-right/far-right for everybody else, that has provoked such a strong negative response from everybody who isn't alt-right/far-right.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

How is it a civil war? It's bot accounts being deleted.

Bots aren't real people. It isn't stifling freedom of speech to delete fake accounts.

For heaven's sake folks. If anything this restores free speech by removing large numbers of fake accounts that were being used to clusterbomb the narrative.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
So I read that twitter deleted hundreds of thousands Russian bot accounts last night. Apparently this action is having a massive impact on the mental health of the defectives on the right who thought they were real people.

Some of the replies are pure comedy gold. I heard a rumor that Hanity lost over 300,000 followers alone.

One thing for sure. This demonstrates just how easily right wingers can be, and are being, manipulated. Kinda like circus animals taught to do tricks, but slightly less evolved.

Here is a link to the article. metro.co.uk...

Here is a link to some comedy gold. twitter.com...

Do you know why so many American right wingers are freaking out? Why you see so many right leaning members on ATS deflect and moan?
Because they fell for that Russian propaganda 90% of the time

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

If this truly was the case, Twitter should have blocked all members and requested that they verify with their phone number. That would have been the fairest way to eliminate bots and yes, anyone who did not wish to share their phone number. Naturally, they would lose the bots and a few members...but it would have been fairly applied.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Painterz
Removing fake bot accounts isn't censorship.

In fact removing fake propaganda accounts that push mass market opinions is supporting freedom of speech.

But only in Trump world can the removal of fake bot accounts be seen as 'silencing and oppressive'.

*chuckles*

Censorship is free speech.

lolz

*chuckles*

How much censorship and how much free speech is there in Russia?!
There is no free speech in Russia. Why do you wet your diaper over some Russian bots being banned ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join