It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter deletes Russian bots, right wingers freak out!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Looks like some people have most of their followers back now, may be due to people in the U.S. waking up and reactivating their accounts, proving most of them were not bots. Or it's easy for hackers to get past the verification process, thus rendering this entire exercise pointless...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Twitter is full of people who are clearly not bots and have to verify their accounts because they got suddenly locked out.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

deep down, you're a funny mother..

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Twitter is full of people who are clearly not bots and have to verify their accounts because they got suddenly locked out.

Being locked out != banned.

Sorry that isn't proof of your claim.
edit on 21-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
God I feel old.

So guessing I'm the only person who isn't using twitter or doesn't even gaf about it.

What do you guys even do?

Just troll celebs and each other I mean is that its purpose?

Its one of the best sources of multiple outlets for breaking news. You can keep tabs on political figures in multiple parties. I personally, enjoy getting some news from Europe and China .

Many of the threads I see started here actually come from tweets I’ve read.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Who still uses crap like Twitter? And what for?
If they would close down Twitter the world would take notice, for a minute, and life would go on. Mankind doesn´t need spying and propaganda platforms like Twitter and Facebook, the world doesn´t need them, they are not of advantage. Nobody except echo chamber addicted that can´t handle the truth, so they create their own truth in these echo chambers they never leave.
Oh, and Trump would be not amused, losing his loyal loudspeaker.

Really, who still uses that stuff or ever used it, and what for?
If people need those platforms to keep in touch with each other, what does that say about these poor people?
Virtual "friends", yippieh....

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Being locked out != banned.

Sorry that isn't proof of your claim.

As far as i can tell it's basically one and the same. All the people who got locked out have to leave a valid telephone number to reactivate their accounts. There is no other option available. Looks shady as hell to me especially after the Q drop regarding @Jack.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

What's shady about that? Real people reactivate and the bots stay banned. I have to reactivate my Steam account from time to time. It's nothing special. You just look like you are trying to flex your persecution complex muscles here.
edit on 21-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Since when? I never had to reactivate my Steam account ever and it doesn't asks me for my phone number. I think you missed an important detail because Twitter doesn't usually require using your telephone number to open an account. Only in this instance it is suddenly deemed mandatory. Like i said shady.

Edit: I'm not on Twitter and i would have stated the same if they had suddenly started to ban Left Wing accounts as well. This is not a partisan issue. Not everything is about Left and Right.
edit on 21-2-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Since when? I never had to reactivate my Steam account ever and it doesn't asks me for my phone number. I think you missed an important detail because Twitter doesn't usually require using your telephone number to open an account. Only in this instance it is suddenly deemed mandatory. Like i said shady.

I use Steam on three different computers and from time to time I have to reactivate it using the Steam app on my phone, and I still don't see shadiness if you can recover your account. Twitter has made it public for quite some time now they are looking to crack down on bots and fake news. This is one of those steps.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
When mass MSM propaganda in support of Hillary, along with cheating by the DNC to sink Sander's didn't work, the Left is now grasping at straws trying to figure out how to control the grassroots movement that rejected THEIR candidates and elected Trump.

The video that ChaoticOrder linked is quite telling, clearly Twitter is censoring content and basically hassling user's they deem "rednecks"...umm I mean bots. Pretty stupid really, just strengthens the resolve of the people being censored.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

The release the memo movement and Q got them spooked. Well there is more where that came from.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
'Wow, you mean Twitter finally decided to
delete all of Hillary Clintons Trolls?

A $1 Million Fight Against Hillary Clinton's Online Trolls

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If a bot can be defined as simply something that does it someone else tells it to do.

What's the difference between the American public and a program written in 1's and 0's?

NEONE?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Lets see why didn't Twitter delete all of Hillary's 2 million trolls?

Over 2 Million!!!

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Hillary Clinton Has More Than 2 Million Fake Twitter Followers

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If a bot can be defined as simply something that does it someone else tells it to do.

What's the difference between the American public and a program written in 1's and 0's?

NEONE?

We are ALL bots!

dictionary.cambridge.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Wow. So...
Twitter is trying to purge Trump supporters or anyone left-leaning if they are not willing to give a phone number?
And they really think that people are going to believe that only bots will not give a phone number?

Wow. The Dems are seriously into some heavy hitting attempts to shut people up and annihilate anyone who does not blindly follow the BS they push on MSM. It's not just Twitter. They are hitting hard in every direction.

It's sad that the country has come to this.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have an account but don't tweet much. I use it mostly to watch for breaking news. What I'm seeing right now is that most of the people that lost followers have gained most of them back. So it seems like the algorithm they used scooped up a lot of real people who were willing to go through the trouble to be reinstated. I wonder what the true numbers of bots deleted will end up being? I don't have a problem with them deleting bots but it seems their algorithm was very flawed.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Pretty soon they are gonna create more bots to search out and destroy all the bad bots.,

Until that glorious day were we are living in the Terminator movie!

Indeed.

The future isn't looking so bright.

Luddites are taking over.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Yeah very flawed on purpose. Welcome to the information war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join