It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter deletes Russian bots, right wingers freak out!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Another thread full of hypocrites. Hey we hate censorship except if it is against people we don't like. Remember the majority memo fiasco where Schiffty and his cronies tried to pin the demand for the release of said memo on russian bots and it backfired tremendously because Twitter had to admit that only a very tiny percentage were actually bots? I member and @Jack is not providing any proof of banning only russian bot accounts in this case either. Funny because i was told time and time again Trump would be the dictator and implement lots of laws who prevent free speech. Turns out the people who were against that suddenly support censorship because Trump. You can't have it both ways.

Well to set the record straight i now demand that @Jack bans all the people who advocate the assassination of Trump and his supporters as well. Why stop there? Let's ban people who criticize the media. Let's ban people who refuse to sleep with transgenders. Let's ban... You all see where this is going do you? All the people that cheer on arbitrary censorship should really stop talking about brainwashing.

link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Why? You guys can't discuss things without the assistance of bots running algorithms telling you what you want to hear?

link   
Twitter is for twittiots.

That makes it perfect for social justice justice warriors.
edit on 21-2-2018 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why? You guys can't discuss things without the assistance of bots running algorithms telling you what you want to hear?

I don't belong to Twitter. And don't try to pigeon hole me with your "you guys."

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Obviously it's better for real people getting paid to shill on the television telling us what we want to hear.

CNN,MSNBC, et. al.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I don't belong to Twitter. And don't try to pigeon hole me with your "you guys."

I'm just confused why you think that conservatives should leave twitter over the removal of a bunch of bots.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Obviously it's better for real people getting paid to shill on the television telling us what we want to hear.

CNN,MSNBC, et. al.

Obviously this is a whatboutism and a deflection.
edit on 21-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You’re so counter-culture, bro.
/sarcasm

I’ve never used twitter or FB or any of that garbage in all my life.

Now tell me that my posts and conversations are being guided by bots.

You can’t.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Your kidding right? Never Trumpers and Shillary posts are in no way better then the other BS. Twitter is very selective in the stuff they ban and that is really suspicious in itself. Project Veritas proved there shadiness and people still don't care. They target only very specific conservative and Trump supporting groups meanwhile other groups that post far more vile stuff are left alone. How is that in any way fair?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Obviously this is a strawman and a deflection.

If you say so.

After all people have to be told what they think.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

You’re so counter-culture, bro.
/sarcasm

I’ve never used twitter or FB or any of that garbage in all my life.

Now tell me that my posts and conversations are being guided by bots.

You can’t.

Good for you. I don't use them either. Got any other blog posts you'd like to tell me?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'm just confused why you think that conservatives should leave twitter over the removal of a bunch of bots.

Show me the proof that Twitter banned bots only. I'll wait.

link   

If it was only bots, I am ok with that.

But if they have swept real people up in their purge and are requiring them to provide personal contact info, which is optional for all their other members, then I say that sounds too much like data mining.

I would never stick around and just give Twitter the benefit of the doubt.

edit on 2/21/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Your kidding right? Never Trumpers and Shillary posts are in no way better then the other BS. Twitter is very selective in the stuff they ban and that is really suspicious in itself. Project Veritas proved there shadiness and people still don't care. They target only very specific conservative and Trump supporting groups meanwhile other groups that post far more vile stuff are left alone. How is that in any way fair?

You know that Bernie Sanders lost a bunch of followers too right?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

If it was only bots, I am ok with that.

But if they have swept real people up in their purge and are requiring them to provide personal contact info, which is optional for all their other members, then I say that sounds to much like data fishing.

I would never stick around and just give Twitter the benefit of the doubt.

How do you know that real people have been swept up in it? All I see is a bunch of conservatives griping because their follower count has dropped. Where are the people saying they were unjustly banned? Even the poster in this thread griping about this' arguments are just basically him griping that his follower count has decreased.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

whatboutism

Since this was thrown in for the edit.

The last year has been an exercise of WHATABOUTISM.

The usual suspects after a year can't seem to admit THEY LOST.

Enter their whataboutism.

Russia. Their false flag psyop.

Whataboutism (also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument,[1][2][3] which is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.[4][5][6]

Oh the effing irony.

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Show me the proof that Twitter banned bots only. I'll wait.

Show me proof they didn't. I'll wait too.

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

i dont care but its interesting to know.
im not a twitter person.

just seems like if there are so many bots whats the point?
for anyone i mean.

There isn’t that many bot accounts.. they were real.. and real people are pissed .. as you would be if you were a Twitter user.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You know that Bernie Sanders lost a bunch of followers too right?

Are you saying that Bernie was the victim of a political hitjob?!

No, that could never happen.

edit on 2/21/2018 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Actually, I believe fully that Bernie would have had a number of Russian bots following him promoting various left wing causes since the chief strategy during the 2016 election was to discredit Hillary at all costs. There was possibly also the idea of splitting the Democratic vote post-primaries by inciting the Bernie-bros pissed off about the primary shenanigans. I say this as a Bernie supporter myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join