It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter deletes Russian bots, right wingers freak out!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I was locked out. NOW it is removing the people I'm following along with my followers.
Love the censorship!

Only it isn't working. I'm finding even new friends.

So you weren't banned and only lost a bunch of followers? So I guess you not being a bot is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: soundguy

Your OP is a heaping pile of BS.

Jack Dorsey suspended any account with any ties to anything that could be conceived as right leaning. Only if these users chose to give their phone # to Twitter would their account get reactivated.

This sounds to me like the plans which were revealed in the recent Project Veritas videos, they got footage of Twitter engineers speaking about how they wanted to "ban a way of talking" and get rid of all the "redneck" pro-Trump people on Twitter.

I recall an article a few months ago which was analyzing a bunch of potential fake social media accounts used during the election. Half of them were clearly real people who were right leaning, but their algorithm had flagged their accounts due to the things they were posting.

Seems to me Twitter must be using some sort of algorithm in order to find so many "bots", and asking them to prove their identity with a phone number is nonsense. How would it go down if they created an algorithm to scan for far-left rhetoric and then mass banned all those people?

edit on 21/2/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Put it this way. The Kardashians can earn anywhere from 6 to 7 figures for a SINGLE ad post.

But they each have like a 100+ million followers.

But the basic formula across most social media sites is, followers = clicks = ad revenue.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The DNC is just as guilty of using bots as the Russians.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Twitter deletes thousands of accounts and claims they are Russian bots.

Sounds legit.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
God I feel old.

So guessing I'm the only person who isn't using twitter or doesn't even gaf about it.

What do you guys even do?

Just troll celebs and each other I mean is that its purpose?

It's best use by far is getting up to the minute news. It is really convenient to get updated on news personalized to what you care about in one place. You do not have to ever post to find it very useful.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I'm not on it either.

Just can't handle unadulterated ignorance.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I find it weird that the Russians have the technology to determine conservative versus not conservative on twitter then have bots attach themselves to conservative accounts only. Seems very targeted for an enemy that is against all of America.

But, Russian bots it is I suppose.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Just can't handle unadulterated ignorance.

So you mustn't like Trump then either?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It is mass censorship.

All they really would have to have done is disable API access.

Twitter does Mao proud.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

No more than the general public.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Removing fake bot accounts isn't censorship.

In fact removing fake propaganda accounts that push mass market opinions is supporting freedom of speech.

But only in Trump world can the removal of fake bot accounts be seen as 'silencing and oppressive'.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I was locked out. NOW it is removing the people I'm following along with my followers.
Love the censorship!

Only it isn't working. I'm finding even new friends.

Did you have to provide a telephone number to prove you were real?

See? That's what I am wondering...are they requiring certain personal contact information from conservative members that they are not requiring of everyone else?

link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I find it weird that the Russians have the technology to determine conservative versus not conservative on twitter then have bots attach themselves to conservative accounts only. Seems very targeted for an enemy that is against all of America.

But, Russian bots it is I suppose.

You raise a valid point. Apparently, Russian bots were playing both sides of the fence as shown with the 'never Trump' rally in New York. I would assume that removing bots from Twitter would not just remove bots from conservative posters. Have the more liberal 'never Trump' posters also lost followers overnight?

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

In fact removing fake propaganda accounts that push mass market opinions is supporting freedom of speech.

But only in Trump world can the removal of fake bot accounts be seen as 'silencing and oppressive'.

*chuckles*

Censorship is free speech.

lolz

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Yeah it is.

Because they love bots on twitter.

Only certain kinds.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

How is it determined whether or not it's a Russian bot?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Counted among Twitter’s 271 million active users are an untold number of bots. These accounts were created by people with a pulse but tweet without human intervention. Some are handy, others beautiful, many peculiar. Bots, it should be said, are some of the most productive members of Twitter’s society.

qz.com...

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If Twitter removed ALL bots, then that'd be something.

But they aren't.

They are just targeting bots that they determined don't fit within their ideological world-view.

So yeah.

Censorship.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don't get it...every conservative should leave Twitter. If Trump doesn't follow suit, oh well.

Twitter would feel a big pinch if you guys just closed your accounts. I am sure some tech savvy person would fill the need/want of a less biased Twitteresque forum for people who are not gluttons for punishment.

edit on 2/21/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join