It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter deletes Russian bots, right wingers freak out!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

oh wait Twitter is Left.

So are the dreams & aspirations of most people on the planet, get with the program.

K~

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: MotherMayEye

BS all the "conservatives" have been crying "censorship" in this thread.

Nice so called economic threat, too bad for you whenever the "conservatives" cry boycott it always is a complete failure, so knock yourself out.

K~

Censorship can come from ANYONE in a position to censor, not just the government. You are conflating the word 'censorship' to an infringement on First Amendment rights.

censorship
ˈsensərSHip/
noun
1. the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.

Censorship is not exclusive to government.

Of course conservatives are not going to boycott Twitter. I may have highlighted their power in a free market, but I have predicted -- more than once, in this thread -- that they will never take their business elsewhere, and that it is very unfortunate.

They will end up feeling helpless rather than use the power they wield.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Doesn't matter if you want to call it censorship or not, Facebook has the right to remove inflammatory posting if they wish, just like this site does when posts violate the EUA.

K~

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Doesn't matter if you want to call it censorship or not, Facebook has the right to remove inflammatory posting if they wish, just like this site does when posts violate the EUA.

K~

Well, first...we are talking about Twitter, not Facebook.

And secondly...Twitter can also remove whatever they want and Twitter users can take their business elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

a reply to: MountainLaurel

To get rid of the hostile foreign bots from Russia, perfectly reasonable considering recent events.

Too bad that so many "conservatives" got caught up in it.
If "conservatives" hadn't readily involved themselves in & redistributed obvious propaganda pieces they wouldn't be collateral damage.

Lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

K~

LOL...I lay down with 2 dogs every night, no fleas, but they are bed hogs.

It's interesting because my facebook was totally spammed with pro-Hillary propaganda during the election cycle, I don't remember any Trump spams. I think I was targeted because I was a Bernie supporter at that point, although I rarely post political things on my FB, but somehow "they" knew ? Anyways I was getting crap totally guilt tripping me that if I voted for Bernie, Trump would win ! From my personal experience I was bombarded with Hillary bots, which ironically just made me more determined to NOT support her.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

K~

Well, first...we are talking about Twitter, not Facebook.

And secondly...Twitter can also remove whatever they want and Twitter users can take their business elsewhere.

Twit twat whatever, I don't social media, unless you count places like this.

So good you agree that Twitter, Facebook, or ATS have the right to moderate their user generated content ie: posts.

K~

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Twit twat whatever, I don't social media, unless you count places like this.

So good you agree that Twitter, Facebook, or ATS have the right to moderate their user generated content ie: posts.

K~

Yeah. I count places, like this.

If ATS suddenly 'purged' its membership of bot accounts and suspected trolls and real members of certain political stripes were disproportionately swept up in it...I would never sign on to my account again and if I was someone targeted and ATS wanted my phone number to prove I am real, I wouldn't give it to them.

I'd leave.

edit on 2/21/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Okay.

K~

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Way off topic:

It has been like 10 years since last I heard this song.
I used to listen to sublime 24/7.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Unless you are paying for a Twitter account who cares? It is not a public government social media site. If they want to ask you for a phone number or some proof you are a real human being that is their business.

No one forces you to be on Twitter.
edit on 21-2-2018 by BronxGirl because: Just finishing my thought.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Reminds me of the Wizard of OZ

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BronxGirl
Unless you are paying for a Twitter account who cares? It is not a public government social media site. If they want to ask you for a phone number or some proof you are a real human being that is their business.

No one forces you to be on Twitter.

Heh...what a fun thread to leave your first comment on.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: soundguy

вы не можете троллить лучше меня товарищ.

type in English or get the F out, you've already done this several times and the mods haven't done anything yet....are you typing instructions on how to destroy America, or telling your comrades secretly in America what the next operation is suppose to do

Высшим результатом образования является толерантность.

Замечательно, сколько времени хорошие люди проводят в борьбе с дьяволом. Если бы они потратили столько же энергии, что и любящие своих собратьев, то дьявол умрет по-своему.

(Helen Keller - not russian)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Twitter twreated

Twitter tweeted twitter twum

Conservatives were tweeted and twreated like scum

The right-wing were twreated like any old slum

As Trump tweets are left to burn in the sun

So The bots were Russian so were loaded a ton

That’s what you get when you act like a bum

And just become alike trump and his son

edit on 21-2-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
www.thedailybeast.com...

The media is finally getting a little balls

And stop catering to the right wing cry babies

"The biggest challenge all social platforms face is that abuse, fake news, and bot accounts skew right, and Silicon Valley doesn't want to be accused of liberal bias," another former Twitter employee said. "If this crap skewed left, the companies could take it down in one fell swoop without any political concerns. But you can't do that now, because it will kick of a week long cycle about censoring conservatives on the internet." A former senior engineer at Twitter agreed that Twitter's tip toeing around conservatives for fear of being labeled as biased probably ended up causing more drama than had they just addressed things clearly and directly to begin with.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Wha????

Really? You also believe major media, FB, and Twitter have been tiptoeing around conservatives?

Jesus Christ Almighty.

I hope conservatives have enough self respect to take their social media use elsewhere. No one has tiptoed around conservatives since Bush was in office.

What a bunch of dumb fKING sh*t. Only a total a-hole would believe that.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I’m not sure why people have gotten it in their thick heads that free speech and censorship applies only to governments. It’s strange.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It makes them feel better about what's happening.

Deep down, they know, but since it's not them getting silenced and it means they don't have to deal with ideas they don't like, they ignore it and tell themselves that pretty little fiction.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I’m not sure why people have gotten it in their thick heads that free speech and censorship applies only to governments. It’s strange.

Because that's the foundation of the right to free speech, that government cannot restrict/censor it. That's the whole point.

Private entities are entirely different. You know this.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Because that's the foundation of the right to free speech, that government cannot restrict/censor it. That's the whole point.

Private entities are entirely different. You know this.

Private businesses can be brought to their knees for censorship in a free market.

Government can be held accountable via the courts.

No one has to put up with private businesses censoring speech. They have purchase power and can take their business elsewhere.

Censorship is not a topic exclusive to government. The first amendment is, but not censorship.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join