It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Graham is Really Dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Donald Trump picked a version of Billy Graham to be his Vice President.

Would Billy Graham have made a good Vice President..or even President of the U.S.A.?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Televangelist off the air for good.

Good riddance, one of the mass mind manipulators from the last century, misguided so many souls.

imo

What a POS thing to say, not surprised considering the source.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Would Billy Graham have made a good Vice President..or even President of the U.S.A.?

He didn't have to be. He had access to all the presidents for decades, regardless of political party, and that is wide-ranging power. That's why I think he had to be a high-ranking Mason or Bohemian Grove member.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Well, it is a World Wide Ministry which provided a lot of services to a whole bunch of people and places that otherwise gets forgotten about by the rest of us. It's how he made a living, and it was not cheap to rent the stadiums and feed and house the road show.

"Services"? What services? Sermons and praying isn't actual help. Yes the stadiums were mostly free, no taxes on donations, "non profit" and all. Mostly volunteer workers , too. Except for the televangelist.

Traveling circus. Free feel good, bow your heads.

Legendary American evangelist William Franklin “Billy” Graham Jr. has died at 99 , Fox News has confirmed, leaving behind a net worth of $25 million, and associations worth hundreds of ... Including carryover and profits from investments, the association finished the year with $284.52 million in assets.

Want to get rich? Start a war or a religion. Better yet, start a religious war and arm both sides.

FoxBusiness

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Good riddance, one of the mass mind manipulators from the last century, misguided so many souls.

imo

Thats how intolerant religious folk are. Aren't they supposed to forgive sinners? Such kindness they demonstrate whenever anyone challenges their belief system.

No! Condemn the non believer! Burn them at the stake. Have an inquisition. Our God is the one true god, all others worship the devil. Send them to hell painfully, they are going there anyway,

Lulz...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

imo

I would wager hes done more to actually help people in his life than you have.

Hypocritical vitriolic BS

But hey most people of that mindset always fancy themselves better than others.

Billy Graham was one of the very rare few who actually lived what he preached and was genuinely a good man, not like the charlatans you see on TV these days.

perhaps you should actually research the man before spouting your hateful bigoted rhetoric

The hypocrisy of you making those statements while exposing your own bigotry is amazing
edit on 21-2-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

imo

Thats how intolerant religious folk are. Aren't they supposed to forgive sinners? Such kindness they demonstrate whenever anyone challenges their belief system.

No! Condemn the non believer! Burn them at the stake. Have an inquisition. Our God is the one true god, all others worship the devil. Send them to hell painfully, they are going there anyway,

Lulz...

Interesting you feel so condemned when no one condemned you. I just condemned your words about Billy Graham. Feeling guilty though I see, as you should.

Your belief system and value systems are so woefully poor. Anything you reap will be your own doing and no one else's.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Nice try.

I'm not 'better than' because I don't believe in religious dogma.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thats how intolerant religious folk are.

youre the only one here coming off as a bigot and intolerant, as your first post on this thread made it very apparent

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

imo

Lulz...

God forgives, people don't.

Ever hear the expression, "better give your soul to God, coz your ass is mine?"

No?

That's the problem with this country.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I just condemned your words about Billy Graham.

Phooey. Organized Religion holds eternal damnation over everyones head just like the gubment holds nuclear armageddon over nations heads that don't play along. Its better to just conform to the belief 'system' , or else . No Really, we're here to help, our 'democracy' is better than yours.

Religion is a mirror image of big gubment. Totalitarian, unforgiving, enslavement for the heart and mind.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: intrptr

Thats how intolerant religious folk are.

youre the only one here coming off as a bigot and intolerant, as your first post on this thread made it very apparent

Believe whatever you want. Might as well tell me you believe in Mickey Mouse or Ronald McDonald.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The problem with this country is all the ism.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Religion is a mirror image of big gubment. Totalitarian, unforgiving, enslavement for the heart and mind.

Really? Your attitude and views are a much better example of Totalitarian, unforgiving, enslavement for the heart and mind than anything I have seen in Christians.

edit on 21-2-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Really? Your attitude and views are a much better example of Totalitarian, unforgiving, enslavement for the heart and mind than anything I have seen in Christians.

"Lol", Churchians are nice as pie, with other believers.

For one whole hour in church.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Phooey. Organized Religion holds eternal damnation over everyones head just like the gubment holds nuclear armageddon over nations heads that don't play along. Its better to just conform to the belief 'system' , or else . No Really, we're here to help, our 'democracy' is better than yours.

Carlin is dead too.

What's he thinking now?

lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

People don't 'die', they pass on. I would like to think if there is such a thing as laughter 'over there', 'Sir' George Carlin is making them laugh.

But maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe the after life is one endless church service. In between singing, praying and solemness, they sit around on puffy clouds, eating ice cream from golden plates.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: SailorJerry

Nice try.

I'm not 'better than' because I don't believe in religious dogma.

Nice try right backatcha...

How about the new atheism of our day? I wish I could report otherwise, but it has all the hallmarks of a stealth religion...

Atheism as a Stealth Religion

Ironically, most atheists are disgusted with Christianity because atheists claim Christianity requires “blind faith” or “blind trust.” But by the very definition of the name they carry, atheists in fact are the ones who have based their beliefs on the absence of evidence.

Atheists are a people “without a belief in theism” not because they have disproved the existence of God with evidence, but rather because they claim there is an absence of evidence for God. They believe there is no God because they cannot see any evidence of God. Atheists trust there is no God not because of what they see, but because of what they cannot see. Their conviction stems from things not seen.

The Blind Faith of Atheism

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: brokenghost
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Jesus Christ Superstar would have been more appropriate.

Actually you're right, Jeff Fenholt has left the dark side...

Legendary Rocker Jeff Fenholt (of Ozzy Osbourne's old band "Black Sabbath" and "Jesus Christ Superstar") explains how he got saved, delivered from Anxiety, Panic attacks, foul cursing tormenting spirits... and became a Christian who now sings for and serves the Lord Jesus Christ.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I was raised very Southern Baptist, saw Graham in Miami with with my family and it was considered one of the most significant moments in our lives. I was about 10 and my minister and his family were neighbors and friends of his from N.C.

He was quite charming, warm, kind and very upbeat about life in general.

Unfortunately, as an adult, I am no longer religious or share fear based religious beliefs, but I do believe he was quite a special person and was truly sincere and believed every word he spoke.

It would be ridiculous to compare him to the money grubbing fear based ministers of today.

If there is a heaven, I hope he is there with his lovely wife and family. Truly, one of the good hearted, caring and loving people. He was a rare person and I doubt we will ever see anyone of his character and talent for quite some time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join