It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Graham is Really Dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A few evangelists have stated from visions that the Lord has given them, that soon after Billy passes away, the Rapture occurs.

If the Rapture does happen, it will be interesting to see just how many Christians actually followed the Gospel of the Lord (1 Corinthians 15 1-4)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

I live in N.C. I know more about BG than I care too....just wasted brain cell space......I more so mean, people are shocked he died.....he was 99 for crying out loud.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
Disagree. Amongst big-time televangelists, in a certain era he was about the only decent one it seems. Anyway Graham was popular presence in a certain branch of my family, which was always kind to me, in spite of my being the apostate freak.

The biggest difference between Graham and the other televangelists was that he had a long history of working directly with presidents and his influence was much greater than your average money preacher on TV. He had a definite influence on many public policies shaped by politicians.

I suspect that he was a very highly-ranked Mason or Bohemian Grove member.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
If the Rapture does happen, it will be interesting to see just how many Christians actually followed the Gospel of the Lord (1 Corinthians 15 1-4)

Most people are pickers and choosers, like yourself.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I could tell you a great joke about BG but it's racist so I wont.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I was gonna say, I remember when he died the first time. Let's see if this one sticks.

I swear to God I thought he had already died... I don't believe in the Mandela effect, but when I heard he died I was like WTF? Didn't he die a couple of years ago?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Welcome!

Someone told me today, "Well, Billy Graham died...again".

(RIP, Mr. Graham)

edit on 21-2-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
ME for sure. I was caring for seniors about 12 years ago, brought them to his son's concert tour. Could have sworn the topic was because of his dad's death he had taken over touring, adding his own way in the process.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well, it is a World Wide Ministry which provided a lot of services to a whole bunch of people and places that otherwise gets forgotten about by the rest of us. It's how he made a living, and it was not cheap to rent the stadiums and feed and house the road show.

Say what you will about religion but it provides comfort, hope, and help for a lot of people that otherwise would be without, and I see no issue with that, and I am not religious. As far as televangelist go, he was rather straight and to the point, never heard him beg nor guilt anyone nor demean anyone who didn't "believe". Pretty sure when the plate past you by that no one was there to force anyone to contribute. Find it rather small of all celebrating someone, anyone who has died simply because we disagree with their own belief system.
edit on 2/21/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Namdru
No Mandela Effect This time

That's what you think. I remember him dying quite a while ago.

My husband & I both remember hearing that Billy Graham died a few years ago.

I read in the news that a character actor named Mickey Jones passed away last week. I remember hearing he'd died a few years back. It stuck with me then because he'd been on the Tim Allen show Home Improvement and a few movies I liked.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
May he rest in peace. He was a good man and he'll be rewarded greatly in Heaven.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

.I more so mean, people are shocked he died.....he was 99 for crying out loud.

True. But with celebrity icons, if they get too old, after a certain point the public just doesn't think they're going to die ever. Or they assume the person must be dead already. Then, when they find out the opposite is true, they are shocked believing God either took the person too soon and unfairly, or resurrected from the dead only to let them die again (The so-called Mandela effect.)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
A few evangelists have stated from visions that the Lord has given them, that soon after Billy passes away, the Rapture occurs.

Did they happen to mention anything else, these people you know?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Jesus Christ Superstar would have been more appropriate.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Straight to hell for monetary rape of the gullible and less fortunate. Hope his hell has holes in the kegs and the women do not

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum
May he rest in peace. He was a good man and he'll be rewarded greatly in Heaven.

I'm going to read this as sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: usmjam
In spite of all his good works and the adulation he received from many including prominent politicians and celebrities, Billy Graham made some anti-Christ type of statements several times.

If you believe in that sort of thing, he comes about as close to being the Anti-Christ as anyone lately. Look up the various qualities the Bible attributes to the Anti-Christ, and he hits about 80-90 percent of them.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: intrptr

Also disagree, not much on religion myself but always found Dr. Graham respectful of everyone and perhaps his best skill was just listening to others, a skill lost to many of us today.

Never saw him attempt to sell prayer rags or special holy water. The message he preached was never about him or his organization. Never heard him selling buckets of survival food or building theme parks so amongst evangelists he was one above the rest

He was about the only one that has never used fear or politics in any of his sermons. I'm not religious at all, but this guy was the real deal when it came to practice what you preach.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Correction,since the edit window is closed. That would be 16 years since. Looks like anywhere from there to the last few years give or take that people have heard he passed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join