It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory On Why President Obama Ignored The Russians Interfering in Our 2016 Election.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Now, carewemust, another day for a smear-campaign on a prior president?

Okay, now look at this: Obama expels 35 Russian diplomats in retaliation for US election hacking

And there was a lot more going on before this. Obama fought!

No, he retaliated. Fighting would have been doing something to stop it. Which he didnt do.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ok genius,only meddling that has been proven is with the Obama administration,but some dimwits somehow try to construe this as something Trump has done,when in fact he was the standing president

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He did not ignore it, there you go again. Spreading LIES...The FBI was investigating Russia in 2016, The tweet that Obama sent to the FBI "I want to know everything" was not in reference to trump (he thinks EVERYTHING IS ABOUT HIM) it was about the Russians.

Obama contacted Russia and told them to Knock it off. Obama went to trump and WARNED him about Flynn and trump IGNORED it. Also trump was informed when he became President elect in 2016 what was going on....REMEMBER after becoming President Elect he was invited to daily White House INTELLIGENCE breifings, HE TURNED THEM DOWN. Those are the meetings he would have been briefed including about Russia.
www.npr.org...

Most days he has declined to receive the briefing, making it more of a weekly occurrence than a daily one.

It does raise questions of just how Trump views the CIA and other intelligence agencies. He questioned the competence of and quality of the nation's intelligence gathering operations during the campaign and again this past week when he rejected reports that the CIA has determined Russia tried to disrupt and influence the 2016 vote in hopes of a Trump victory.

It should also be a red flag he was anti FBI CIA BEFORE he was even in the White House...Hmmmmmmm!

So stupid trump declined to be informed daily on what was going on. PATHETIC. Any other POTUS Elect would have wanted to be up to date.

In the meantime trump is SILENT on Russia and HE still has not signed SANCTIONS against Russia for what they did.

edit on 21-2-2018 by kurthall because: add

edit on 21-2-2018 by kurthall because: add

edit on 21-2-2018 by kurthall because: fix

edit on 21-2-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Good.

Russia did what all nations do: try to arrange for a favorable outcome in the US elections.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sorry, but that is just semantics.
Obama sure did more than Trump against the Russians regarding election hacking.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Good.

Russia did what all nations do: try to arrange for a favorable outcome in the US elections.

That is the most ignorant response to an attack on our country I have ever heard

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sorry, but that is just semantics.
Obama sure did more than Trump against the Russians regarding election hacking.

The trump supporters on ATS are a bunch, they ignore an "attack" on their nation by a hostile country which has only its best interest at heart, and have 0 issue with anything trump does or doesn't do. With yet another Guilty plea yesterday in the Russia investigation.

I bet some are non other than Russian. At least 2 I have red flagged. And they are here regularly. Sites like ATS are what they used. If there are trolls here, I hope ATS finds them out.

edit on 21-2-2018 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

No, its using words as intended. Semantics would be using words in obscure ways.

And your response is simply a Whataboutism. It doesnt address anything that we were discussing, instead using a whataboutism to deflect.

Fact is Obama did nothing until after the fact. He retaliated, he didnt respond. There is a world of difference there. You know who else shows up after the fight? People without the backbone to handle the fight.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I dont support Trump. I detest #Resist.

Go after him on policy and ill likely have your back. This sideshow...is repulsive.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Good.

That is the most ignorant response to an attack on our country I have ever heard

"Attack". Lol. They ran propaganda.

The federal government conspire d to dumb us down (see Iserbyte), then removed laws that would keep them from propagandizing the news.

If you want to do somethimg about this, educate the public so they can spot and resist propaganda. But they wont, because then wed see their propaganda too.

Russia may be your enemy....but your own government has no interest in protecting you. If we have to sanction every nation who runs ads to infpuence our voters we will have no trade partners.

Lol...ignorant. Indeed.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
What’s the matter snowflake? Does that hurt your little feelers?

Maybe you need to rush out and buy an assault weapon to make you feel better about yourself? a reply to: Mandroid7

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Would be nice if there was any evidence of your claim when you make it.
Obama did nothing wrong. More trump people lies.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

But his meeting in the house was in Sept.

He knew trump would never make a move to punish Russia.

And he was 100% correct.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Why do you act like that is a pertinent fact?
He acted because his congress wouldn't.
He acted because he knew trump wouldn't.
And he was right.
Since we know for sure that Russia did this without a doubt you can't really say he made any move out of spite. That would mean he's as immature as trump.
He punished Russia for what they did. Strongly and without hesitation. Like any leader charged with protecting America and the constitution would.
Trump doesn't understand that. He thinks Obama was a pasty. He doesn't understand dedication to anything that doesn't have the name trump on it or doesn't make him money or doesn't glorify him.
You backed a brand not a man.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

YES...WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Good.
...and that makes the American enablers what? I know that in lots of other countries, they solve that dilemma with the death penalty.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

In 2016 President OBAMA was warned by his Intelligence chiefs, that Russians were using Information as a "weapon" in social media, to affect the upcoming Presidential election.

The usual suspects need to quite the whining, and by that I mean Trumpphobes.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Im sure political dissidents ARE killed in other countries.

The US used to have the notion of caveat emptor as a culture. Now we want sanitization.

Why domt we talk about US intel agencies tryimg to influence the election? Seems there are actual laws broken there. But they arent Russian.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Im sure political dissidents ARE killed in other countries.
The US used to have the notion of caveat emptor as a culture. Now we want sanitization.
Why domt we talk about US intel agencies tryimg to influence the election? Seems there are actual laws broken there. But they arent Russian.
Not to kvetch, but intent to to subvert the electoral process with the aid of an unfriendly adversary looks less like 'political dissidents' and a lot more like treason. As to the intell agencies...Republicans have gone from hating Russia and loving the various alphabet agencies, to hating them and embracing Russia.
Nothing to see here...move along, move along...nothing to see.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Perhaps you an I differ on what "treason" means. As a veteran and an old American, I define it as aiding and abetting a foreign adversary against one's country.

Was the Russian reset "treason", or were they not our enemy?
Was reducing russian sanctions in order to garner support for an Iranian nuclear deal "treason" or were they not our Enemy?
Was releasing a significant portion of American mineral assets (uranium) "treason" or were they not our enemy?
Was pulling our missle shield designs out of Europe at Russia's insistance "treason" or were they not our enemy?
Was the NATO-Russia council treason or were they not our enemy?

If all of the above are not "treason" because reasons, when did russia become an enemy to the United States? Was it March 2014 or was it November 2016? Or do the 80's still want their foreign policy back?

What has Trump done to America or the American people that would qualify as "treason"?

Did he accept foreign donations? - I could see that as a form of "treason".
Did he give billions to an enemy government? I could see that as a form of "treason"
Did he weaken the United Sates through direct actions? I could see that as a form of "treason".

How exactly do you define "treason"?
edit on 21-2-2018 by 200Plus because: brain damage on my part

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join