It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diving deep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The ability to dive into oneself is one many, do not use.
It's not that any given person is better than another, but to practice, deep diving gives birth to a more meaningful Life. Sure at times that can be painful, but to stay superficial eventually is painful also and I would guess painful in a more permanent way.

So if one practices going within, we eventually learn to strike gold. We learn what is of value to ourselves by our own efforts.It's not about having pride in one's efforts, but more about feeling thankful for being able to. Through experience, we see to some degree that It is possible. Not only that but we learn it's our birthright.

A more meaningful Life beyond just mere intellectual understanding, we experience that human Life is naturally much deeper than we are generally lead to believe. This process has been described by many, many times and in fact, has been counter-attacked by ignorance just as much if not more. So the way I see it, we are left with a simple choice. to know oneself or to ignore oneself. Practice in this doesn't make us perfect, but it certainly is fore-filling. So why not sharpen our natural skills?

edit on 20-2-2018 by ancientthunder because: align

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the blue leading into 5th Chakra day (Wednesday) (the real reason this thread was posted).

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What would be the unreal reason for this post to be posted then? a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

It's not that any given person is better than another, but to practice, deep diving gives birth to a more meaningful Life. Sure at times that can be painful, but to stay superficial eventually is painful also and I would guess painful in a more permanent way.

This is a very insightful comment and one I find to be very true. What I really think it comes down to is not only internal reflection but also external reflection, trying to understand the world around you. It's about always learning and building up your knowledge, increasing the depth and complexity of your thought process, allowing you to achieve greater things in life. One common cause I often see behind depression is a lack of purpose, when people feel like they're just living through a daily grind to make a living, it eats away at their soul in a very insidious way. People need a sense of accomplishment in life to get fulfillment. I recently came across a great video from an older guy who explains that he's recently had this epiphany and now wants to change:

I'm 50 years old and I have never, never, done a single thing of which I am proud. To discover that at the age of 25 may well be acutely uncomfortable, to discover the same at 50, that is nothing short of devastating, and now I have to live with that. So... this can't go on, I'm going to have to do something, and although it is quite a leap to describe it as such, I have an opportunity. I do have something that I have to do, although it might be more correct to describe it as something that I can no longer continue to do nothing about.

edit on 21/2/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join