It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes I sit by the Window

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It's not a rant really, but sometimes sad in some respects. Sometimes I sit by the window and listen to music. I look out, periodically, and watch the World fly by below. I've been there so many times, in that seat...it always seems the same. The destination, different, but the end result nearly the same after a while, many years. A new place, far away, not like the last you just began to think you knew. Different.

The challenges keep your mind off the distance sometimes. How far away. The different thumps and bumps you look forward to, those big landing gear coming back up and locking into place, the gear doors closing...another long ride ahead, but just one important part behind you. Going home. Something you've looked forward to each day, growing stronger.

Once, when I was younger, I thought all that adventure would never get old. Now, looking out the window, watching the World go by I realize, only I got old. In so doing, they still never forget to call and ask if someone's willing to go, to some far away place.

Sometimes...I sit by the window.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
After 20+ years of commuting more than 30 miles one way, I sometimes feel like that while I sit and watch the drive roll past and listen to music.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Likewise at 60+ one way per day, but these trips are far longer. Thousands and tens even, and that's a long ride.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The day turns to night, and night to day; another day passes, a date changes and then magically changes back. Two sunsets on the same day sometimes, and only one in two on others.

The time on your watches still ticks on, only the hands change; they become irrelevant eventually, but the second hand never stops. It is time. And nothing can change it.

Value home. It's a wonderful place. Look to the sky and wave, be glad to be on your home ground. It's a sacred and beloved place. Hopefully, we'll all be home soon too. Where we truly belong.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
That was beautiful and thank you for sharing.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You have a beautiful mind

I am enjoying the music 🎵

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I don't have a view from my window. All I have is this monitor. and it never changes. the names may, and what things expressed may, but it has been a decade since I've seen real change.

and my life continues, this ceasing life. drown my mind in the empty glass I continue to refill, each day the same.

you are lucky to have a view.

'tis but an endurance test, for some of us, this life. but not without hope. I see the cloudy skies darken the pale tepid well before me, and I know change occurs. if not for me, then for someone. I miss my soul mate, but she is secure in the arms of another. one change begets another. and so the clock ticks. 11:11 each day, comes to pass.

angels? demons. both bring nothing new. just the same old anticipatory realisation that this is fate. my fate. watching my kin die around me, the clock ticks... my tock will eventually arrive.

till then, slainte. it isn't closing time yet. and no chairs need by upturned.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We all have choices we make in life. There will come a day when we say no.............I'm staying home. Good luck on your journey.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It's one thing when your Passport gets worn out, and there's no more room, and you have to get the inserts. (When they used to do inserts). When you traveled with two Passports, one for everywhere, and one for Muslim countries. And all the stamps became a blur. Just because that's what you did.

I remember one time checking in to a hotel in Hat Yai, Thailand where they said they needed to take our Passports and put them in a safe. I wasn't good with that! There was no choice. I gave up one of my Passports, but not the other that night.

I quickly learned, after several people tried to pick my pockets, I should have given up my other Passport. It was amazing how much a US Passport was worth there!. My wallet meant nothing, but my Passport meant EVERYTHING!!!

We had a gal get her Passport stolen up in southern Cambodia one day. Took her two months to leave the country....just back to Malaysia where we were.

Bottom line.....NEVER, EVER, let your Passport get out of your immediate awareness!!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I just had to get a new Passport recently. They took one of my old ones. I got my new one back (one of the extra page ones), but not my old one back. I was very bummed. That was a chapter of my life, just that one Passport.

I eventually did get it back, punched, (invalidating it, as expected). I was so happy!!

I told my (then) future wife, I'd fly her to the South Pacific and we'd eat Onion Rings on the beach on some deserted Island. Those stamps were in there. Her parents thought I was crazy. She thought I was crazy. (They even got their passports just so they could come rescue this girl).

We ate onion rings on the beach of Tioman Island in the South China Sea...on our first date, just as I had promised.

She is my bride, the love of my life to this day!

top topics

join