It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well.....Told you so.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyrickcantrap

I glad you understand the situation and your part. Best of luck with life going forward.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thank you. Same to you. a reply to: roadgravel

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Did you plea out or did the case go to trial?

I didn't keep up, sorry to say.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I was provided a public defender and I accepted a plea deal. a reply to: JinMI

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The lessons we learn the hard way, are often the the ones with the most impact, and we learn the most from.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I agree with you. This was the first time I’ve ever been arrested, ever had handguns and assault rifles pointed at me, ever been in handcuffs, ever been in a jail cell, ever had to go to court. This experience has definitely had a big impact on me. reply to: vonclod

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Im on probation for 1 1/2 years and I have a record now. Charged with terroristic threat. Google my name Ricky Jared Rankin and you’ll see nothing but news articles and my mugshot for the rest of my life. I know I made a mistake but my public defender told me I was just a “sacrificial lamb” and they just wanted to make an example out of me regardless of what my intentions were whether I was guilty or not. He told me there was no way I was going to be treated fairly because of where I live. And I guess that’s how the story ends. a reply to: Lyrickcantrap

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

But you did the thing, right?

So how are you a sacrificial lamb, exactly? See, to my mind, someone who has not done a thing, or anything that even looks like a thing from a distance, being punished regardless, would be a sacrificial lamb. But you did make the photograph and post the quoted phrase? So where is the lamb aspect in all this? I see an awful lot of goat here!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

the precedent this sets is beyond dangerous

But threatening children isn't?! You right wingers look at everything completely backwards.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join