It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only real chance to cut back on gun violence. That no one wants to hear..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That's quality of the product, the market generally takes care of that. But I agree, personally, I'll never spend that little, because you'll get a cheap product, too.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: ausername

Then why don’t they happen in Australia and Great Britain???

How come they have one a decade and we have 3 a year???

That just doesn’t hold up to any scrutiny..

That said people would NEVER accept confiscation, nor has ANY politician proposed it, but if you hand them out like candy. What do we think we are gonna get?!?

a question that needs to be asked. yet also the question of why other countries that also have a lot of guns, and not much in the way of gun control DO NOT have the same problems, with things like mass shootings? while other countries such as Canada (which also does not have the "American gun culture") that do have fairly strict gun control, still have these problems. which is probably the more important questions. the honest answer is that much of the root problem lies within society it's self, and not with anything like "gun culture", or the availability of legal guns. and the sooner people can get of the get rid of guns train of thought, the sooner we can find the real issues involved.

i suspect at least part of the issue is the stress load that is in North America. another symptom is this thing we call road rage which has been building in both the US and Canada for many years. i feel that things like road rage and mass shootings (when not done for things like political or religious terrorisim), are very connected. it's interesting that from living in another country, one that has generally been far more laid back. i can now feel the stress in both the US and Canada building almost as soon as i land. as well as that feeling of being rushed. it was even funny talking to a business owner that in North America not being at work at a specific time, even being half an hour or so late, would get an employee in trouble, and might in fact cause them to be fired. they just could not fathom that. something else of interest with this rushing and stress is that for years the only case of real roadrage, and the fact a gun was used in that case. it was an American citizen, for whom a gun is always illegal (since only citizens are allowed to have guns). that was the person involved. now things are starting to change. punctuality is becomming more important, things are becomming much less laid back. people seem to be becomming more stressd under pressure at work, and with things like expences. as well as for many families both parents are now starting to both work, which is decreasing time with families. and now this country is seeing a major increase in things like road rage. people just like in the US and Canada are putting the blame for road rage on heavy traffic causing it. yet traffic has always been heavier than in Canada or the US, even at the same time road rage was building in North America, yet was never even heard of here. so it would seem that trafic is not the real issue behind road rage. i would argue that it is in fact the stress filled, time oriented, both parents working with less time for family, etc. lifestyle that is at fault. since it is those things that are comming in at the same time as the road rage. and like a stated, i think that the reality is many of the causes of road rage, are some of the same causes of mass shootings. just a diferant yet simmilar outlet. add that inherant stress to kids that are bullied, or outcast. and on top of that rather hormone driven, and less under control of themselves, and it's almost asking for major problems. so i now wonder just how long before "mass shootings" start here? since it seems to be following North America down the path of stress, and lack of family togetherness.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Its an American problem, if you dont like it, get some education and emigrate.

I am sick of it being reported abroad and now foreign students to america are having a 'strike'.

I live in Australia, whilst it is very sad that so many children and adults were killed in Florida, my give a fcuk meter registers 0, its not anyone elses problem but everyone seems to think it is (except for Americans).

Have your guns and reap what you sow.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Yes, it is.

...and, for good or for ill, we'll handle it.

Frankly, as far as foreign opinions are concerned, my give a flyin' # is broken, too.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Gun sales are too profitable for them to do that

The only hope for any sane gun control is to vote out the NRA butt licking republicans.

Here is a bit of news about Remington filing for bankruptcy. I think some gun companies went to far manufacturing and now that Obama is out of office people don't feel the need to stock pile guns and ammo. Who knows. The article also talks about law suits.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

First off I would like to say this has zero chance of happening , but it is the only thing that would actually help significantly AND not cause a civil war...

I think this would address all the realistic issues such as “if the good owners turn them in, Only the bad guys have them.”

That is to stop making more guns...

Stop adding to the pile..

We could just ban children instead. Hell, my idea goes further to solving the school shootings than the idea to stop manufacturing firearms. That said, both ideas are impetuous, ill-advised, and murder would still take place. People have and always will commit sinister acts of evil for reasons that we can't understand.

Speaking of evil. Am I alone in feeling it's evil to exploit these mass shootings in an attempt to further chip away the Constitutional rights of responsible American gun owners? It's made even more disgusting by doing so under the guise of "caring" when you only care about your liberal anti-gun ideology. The same ideology you all held long before the first shot was ever fired within a school.

Kudos on the playbook move though. "Never let a good crisis go to waste." You know you're in trouble when liberals believe they have all the answers regarding an issue as complicated as gun control but still remain the only group seemingly unable to grasp the issue of which restroom to use.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Screw the 8% own X,Y or Z..

Only focus on the total average...

So is 3 per person enough??

At what point does it get gratuitous??

At what point are their enough in circulation?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Consuming it is kinda hard to have school shootings without guns..

Then yes...

Especially, Considering that all the places that require permits to own firearms. Don’t really have school shootings....

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Lmao...

The gop has passed laws stopping people from sueing gun makers lol....

They don’t make that rule for anything else..

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

No robber will EVER sell their gun. You can shear a sheep many times, and slaughter it only once.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No , because all the ones presently in circulation are not magically fining to cost more originally..

There are 3 per person and half the country doesn’t really want them.. , so that stops the price from being I achievable.

No one is forced to sell off the ones they already own..

It takes a couple century’s befits the ones on circulation degrade.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Or just keep losing children when other places do not..

I mean your kid isn’t as important as your guns?? Right??

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Or just keep losing children when other places do not..

I mean your kid isn’t as important as your guns?? Right??

Are you really worried about kids?

Or just guns?

Let's see.

Since 1980, 297 people have been killed in school shootings. This number includes adults, it also includes college shootings. That averages approximately 7.8 persons per year. Source: Slate.com

In the ten year period between 1990 and 2000, according to the CDC, 147 children died on playgrounds.
200,000 children suffer injury each year on playgrounds.

About 45% of playground-related injuries are severe–fractures, internal injuries, concussions, dislocations, and amputations (Tinsworth 2001). About 75% of nonfatal injuries related to playground equipment occur on public playgrounds (Tinsworth 2001). Most occur at schools and daycare centers (Phelan 2001). Between 1990 and 2000, 147 children ages 14 and younger died from playground-related injuries. Of them, 82 (56%) died from strangulation and 31 (20%) died from falls to the playground surface. Most of these deaths (70%) occurred on home playgrounds (Tinsworth 2001).

If I tried to sell a product for children, like a toy, that injured 200,000 per year and killed nearly 15 a year, I would be vilified and sued.

Let's add scholastic sports. 10-12 kids die each year playing high school football... just high school. 50-100 die each year in scholastic sports. Mother Jones

The difference between school shootings and what I have posted above is that in a school shooting, a criminal or insane person actively tries to kill people in a school. You think that no one should have access to a particular kind of gun because criminals exist.

Schools install equipment that kills and injures many children every year.... with no bad guy involved.
They promote school sports that kills kids year after year... and we are supposed to worry about an event that the administrators can't control (like a tornado) when we already send our children to a school that sets a trap for them that kills kids with regularity?

You hate guns, and if you are not harping about playground and sports injuries.... I think that it is possible that you hate kids too.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

MSM?!?!

Um.. so the conspiracy/conservative/leftwing sites didn’t just decide to stop naming names this week?!!!

I actually agree with you but I am more inclusive lol..

Micheal Moore’s “gun documentar’s“ conclusion was that it isn’t guns..

It is that the media makes everyone think a rapey serial killer is around every corner..

When you have a break in. 90+% of the time it is the idiot kids from 3 doors down.. not someone who wants a murder charge..

It has ya shooting at shadows and we are safer than we have ever been..

That said!!!!

How many is enough?!?

3 per person???

4?!

10??!

20??

At what point does it get gratuitous and unsafe??

About 20 million out of 112 million women (18.0%) in the United States have been raped during their lifetime.
Only 16% of all rapes were reported to law enforcement.
In 2006 alone, 300,000 college women (5.2%) were raped.

While there may not be "rapey serial killers" around every corner, there certainly are a preponderance of rapey guys or are these women just supposed to blow their rape whistles and say at least he is not killing me. Women are more likely to be targets of opportunity for all sorts of random crime short of murder. For women that may live alone a gun is the only thing leveling the playing field.

the MSM doesn't help with blasting their names and acts over and over, thats one reason why the mentally unbalanced kids do this, most of these are a big mentally warped act of pushback over bullying,taunts,lack of friends or home support real or imagined.

not to mention how do gun stores operate with no new product

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

RAPES ARE IRRELEVANT BECAUSE THEY ARE ALMOST TOTALLY COMMITTED BY FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS...

90+% of those rapes are by fAmily members or “friends”.. AKA some one you trust enough to get too close for a gun to be relevant..

90+% of burglars crap their pants if you come home and run screaming into the night, but what is the general Consensus on what to do if you encounter a burglar??

Shoot him instantly and drag him inside to avoid prosecution..

The fact is that the vast majority of the time you would be shooting the neighbors kid..

Or your daughters boyfriend..

Or your kid sneaking out at night to kick it with friends..

edit on 21-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And we have constantly regulated playgrounds to be safer... removing equipment deemed to be the most risky..

And because of that the percent of deaths per capita has constantly fallen...

BWAHAHAHA

i hate guns?!?! .. i own a gun.. lol

Half my family hunts every season.. including muzzleloader and crossbow.

I grew up in the central Mississippi backwoods..

I hate garbage logic and propaganda...

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

and now foreign students to america are having a 'strike'.

If the US is so bad, why are they coming here? Also, is 'striking' a required class.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

How does that seem like good logic to you??

I’m serious and not being a smart @$$...

We regulate everything you mentioned?!?!

It’s not like those things are happening and they have not been removing lots of playground equipment deemed to be too dangerous.. adding regulations to add sand around taller equipment and such..

Adding padding to this and that..

It just blows my mind that seemed like an example that made your point for you..

————-/—————————/————————///

The only good reasons to keep guns is that people will not give them up without mass scale violence and if all the legal ones were turned in. Only bad guys have them...

Right or wrong they are fair realistic reasons..

A) they would just use something else..

B) it’s not the gun. It’s the person..

Are garbage logic answers that are so retarded they make me wonder if people are that stupid or being dishonest in a meaningless push to keep guns???

Meaningless because no one is going to take them..

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Why do people go to Afghanistan???

What crap logic..

.. “if you travel to a place you must agree with their every political policy or your a hypocrite..”

That is some serious snowflake logic..

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If students think it is so dangerous here, why come. To complain. A person doens't have to agree, just live within it.

Your posts seem to be the snowflake versions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join