It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only real chance to cut back on gun violence. That no one wants to hear..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Gun sales are too profitable for them to do that

The only hope for any sane gun control is to vote out the NRA butt licking republicans.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The only hope for any sane gun control is to vote out the NRA butt licking republicans.

You had 8 years of your God, Prophet, Messiah, King Obama.
We won’t talk about who and what he was licking.
It’s just the same old crying story from you delusional, mentally impaired Lefty’s

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

However, how would you reduce the demand for firearms?

People would have signs on their front lawns

"Move along. Guns already stolen".

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Why is the NRA so powerful? What do they bring to the table? Several organizations donate big $$$ to Republicans, but the NRA seems to be almost feared, for some reason.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

It’s just the same old crying story from you delusional, mentally impaired Lefty’s

Oh, he licked the same thing that Trump licks

It would be easy to call the right-wing delusional, that they definitely are in spades, as well heedless, stubborn, dogmatic, and selfish and worst-- demonstrably and dangerously ignorant, for they cause the deaths of innocent children with their heedlessness!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It would be easy to call the right-wing delusional, that they definitely are in spades, as well heedless, stubborn, dogmatic, and selfish and worst-- demonstrably and dangerously ignorant, for they cause the deaths of innocent children with their heedlessness!

I rest my case.
The dumbass who pulled the trigger in FL is the one who caused the deaths of the innocent kids there.
End of story. Period.
I think someone mentioned it in another thread today.....you guys are sure OK with 60 million unborn children that have been put to death since Roe v. Wade.
Liberal hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Not to put too fine a point on it but 17 people killed by an angry nut and y'all get your panties in a bunch about trying to ban guns by hook or crook. Liberals come charging out every time and make a circus out of the whole thing.

And let's not forget the media and provocateurs whipping some of the survivors into a march. Some interested party, out of kindness of their heart, just happens to supply busses to take them to a media opportunity.

To top it all off they want to demolish a perfectly good school building and spend 20-30 million dollars to build a new one rather than send the janitor with a mop and maintenance guys with spackle and paint.

But oh no, the sensitive little darlings can't handle being in a building where Daphne and Fred died.

When they finally get out of their parent's nest, if the Government doesn't have daycare for them, they will curl up into a whimpering ball and die.

When I think back to EMS days, bad car crashes, blood on our uniforms, gear and truck, there was usually only a passing one cycle blip in local media and no marches or protest. A few had some candles, flowers and stuff left at the scene later.

But if we are going to step on the constitution we need to curb the MSM also. Force limited ownership, size and enact major financial and criminal penalties for lying. Instead of a rush to report from anonymous sources, force them to verify and name sources.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You have lost it.
Anybody who makes assumptions, as you just did, is certifiable.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Nope. Nope. ...and nope.

The only person to blame for the deaths in Florida, or anywhere else, are the people who pulled the damned trigger.

Until we come to realize that little home truth, indeed, nothing will change--whether its blue or red.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Hey wait a minute you may be on to something here. We make the manufacture of firearms illegal. That’s the ticket just like say crack. Oh wait another minute....hmm...never mind.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The demand stays the same.. which increases the value of all the guns in circulation. That increased value I think changes the game completely..

You lock up things that are valuable.. you protect them jealously..

You don’t leave them lying around to be stolen or your kids get them..

You don’t buy one on a lark..

I think this changes the whole dynamic of gun ownership..

All the “desperate types” addicts and thugs. Won’t often pass up the easy money of selling theirs.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

With increased demand comes increased theft, murder etc. War on drugs ring a bell?

link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Fair point..

Well maybe.. I’ve heard the opposite.. that guns flow south..

But I don’t really know how to stop private assemblies..

However, it can’t be good to have 3 per person (900 million ) and to dump another 50k a week on the pile. (I’m guessing about exact numbers, but I think one gets the basic math I mean) ..

There is no record done on how many are sold or manufactured per year. The gop made it illegal to track such things.

link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Fair point..

Well maybe.. I’ve heard the opposite.. that guns flow south..

But I don’t really know how to stop private assemblies..

However, it can’t be good to have 3 per person (900 million ) and to dump another 50k a week on the pile. (I’m guessing about exact numbers, but I think one gets the basic math I mean) ..

There is no record done on how many are sold or manufactured per year. The gop made it illegal to track such things.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

A) mass shooting terrorists already kill themselves..

B) the death penalty is no deterrent.. crimes like murder almost always impulsive and people don’t think they will get caught.. so the penalty is irrelevant 99% of the time..

Don’t mistake me.. I am pro death penalty.. but think it should be and is only really valuable to remove monsters from society.

Penalties are only deterrents for things that don’t already cost you your life..

No one in history ever chose not to do a crime because it gets the death penalty, but were willing to do it if it got life..

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Laws on the books that have led to America having by far the highest murder rate in the civilized world..

That lead to what??

300k deaths a year?? Right??

Since we are literally the worst at it amongst first world countries.. it is kinda laughable to pretend we have it right..

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Guns travel south into Mexico..

They do not travel north presently..

Maybe the increased value changes that, but it isn’t the standard quo..

ALSO ISNT TRUMP BUILDING A WALL FOR JUST SUCH OCCASIONS?!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Nuclear weapons are inanimate objects..

Bioweapons are inanimate objects..

That is the dumbest argument in history..

If all weapons were created equal and “they would just use a car”, then the US military carries Mazda’s into battle and people buy civics for home protection...

How anybody ever hears your respnse and thinks “sold!” I will never know..

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Then why don’t they happen in Australia and Great Britain???

How come they have one a decade and we have 3 a year???

That just doesn’t hold up to any scrutiny..

That said people would NEVER accept confiscation, nor has ANY politician proposed it, but if you hand them out like candy. What do we think we are gonna get?!?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join