It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control or Not, it's worse than that...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think the most depressing aspect of the Gun Control or Not argument is the argument itself.

The Gun people feel safer if they have a gun to defend themselves.
The anti gun people feel safer if there aren't so many guns out there.

Both groups want the same thing, they want to be safer... from what? - People who want to kill random other people (the problem).

But nobody seems very interested in the problem, does that mean we have given up trying to solve it?

I've seem articles stating that people with mental health issues are unfairly stigmatized as being violent when very few people with mental health issues are violent. They say people who want to kill random other people are a different thing than people with mental or emotional problems.

It's not a natural thing to want to kill everyone, what is wrong with or what has happened to these people. How do we fix this problem?

I think no one wants to address the real problem because it difficult to understand and to solve.
It's much easier to blame an easier target, guns, politics, the president, whatever, just don't mention the real problem.

Because we have given up on trying to solve that?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NickK3

Because we have given up on trying to solve that?

Yes.

There's no money in it.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We have a major problem in our society. It is not with guns, criminals will always have guns. mass killers will always find a way.

What have we done to trigger more of these things happening, I think it is the internet myself. People of a kind can see what others like them are doing. By of a kind I am referring to a relationship between people, a belief or interest. By reinforcing beliefs with the internet, a person gets more confident in what they believe in. It was harder to find this kind of reinforcement before. Even if nobody comments on their social media, the person sees their belief in writing and it still reinforces their belief. Writing something down on paper and reading it every day increases your confidence in what is said, I remember doing that when I was a teenager, it actually works.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NickK3

It doesn't affect enough Americans. Unless you're in the "hood", it's rare to find anyone who has been shot...or has a relative who has been shot...or has a friend who has been shot. (Excluding war heroes)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There's a degree of truth to that.

I've seen it, I'm sure we've all seen it. ...and we ignore it. We walk around it, we look away. I try not to, as my attitude goes something along the lines of "but for the grace of God, there go I", that and family who help each other as necessary. Until we address the mental health issues in this country, these horrific things are going to keep occurring.

I have no answers, or if I do, they're only very vague, very general, and of little use.

Rather than ignore, pay attention. Rather than walk around, walk up to. It's not an easy thing to do. Mental issues are hard, as they're intangible. You can't pop it back into place, wrap a bandage around it, and a month later or so, you're good to go.

They're scary, the sort of stuff nightmares are made of. But that's the task, easy to identify, less easy to fix.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I just look at all the deception everywhere...and I ask myself, who is the real enemy here? Hardly a simple tool. That's not the real enemy at all.

I don't know...what I do know is it is beyond democrat vs republican or Russia vs North Korea...TV news is on board with this enemy for sure. Most politicians are aiding this enemy as well...

Who/what could it be? Keeping mankind in constant war with each other, divided by race, class, gender religion etc.

I'm not one to get all religious usually but when you see the sustained massive deception of everything we are taught/told it almost seems biblical.

Not a question of "why can't we get along" but rather what is constantly poking and prodding us, always dividing us.

If we had the info, the big picture, I think it would be crystal clear what we as a species need to do. "Banning guns" and I hate to be so blunt, is far down the list.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Instead of finding the underlying cause of these heinous acts, we fast-forward to the political issue as always. The liberals want to see all guns removed. Conservatives don't want to lose their guns. We spend so much time arguing for or against our stances that we ignore the problem at hand. We have children committing premeditated murder of other children. There are likely numerous reasons for this but we need to identify them first and foremost before we can begin to fix them.

For the record, law abiding gun owners like myself do care for the safety of all children. I like many have children of my own in school now. I'm sick of how the MSM and far left exploit these mass shootings to sway opinion regarding the 2nd amendment. Our constitutional right is hanging in the balance while the MSM continues spreading their anti-gun ideology they held long before the first shot was ever fired within a school.

Fact is our youth is in a bad place and tough times are ahead if liberals think they know what's best for our security regarding a complicated matter like gun control while remaining the only group of people so out of touch that they're confused to which restroom they're supposed to use. Tough times indeed.
edit on 21-2-2018 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Right...the hood.
Must be an amazing life in the middle huh?
Where you can just imagine the world into what you want.

Parkland Florida is hardly the hood.

Sandy Hook Connecticut is hardly the hood.

Columbian Colorado. 94% white only 2% below poverty level hardly the hood.
Virginia tech in the sylvan mountains of the Adirondacks in Blacksburg Virginia hardly the hood.
Get real.
Or continue pretending the world into what you want.
But you're completely wrong.

new topics

top topics

join