It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Against gun control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I've mentioned this in numerous threads, have been encouraged by some to keeping the message going.

A workable solution to the gun violence is not banning guns.

A workable solution is to teach people not to shoot.

It's to teach people better ways to cope with stresses.

It's to teach people better ways to deal with bullies, societal pressures, family issues, and life in general.

Right now, at this very moment, the next school shooter is sitting somewhere. He is angry. His outlook is hopeless. He doesn't know of any alternative to the violence he feels is the appropriate solution.

We need to reach out to him right now. We can't identify who he is. We don't know what state/city/school he is in.

So we have to reach out to everyone. We have to teach everyone. We have to embrace everyone and tell them that there are better ways to deal with the problems being faced.

That's what we need to do in our schools.

Taking away guns just takes away the tool. It does nothing to relieve the desire to commit violence.

We, the "gun nuts", the "bullet bois", don't want the violence to continue any more than the gun grabbers do.

We are looking at solving the problem and not the symptom.

Just because we want to keep our guns does not make us haters, or violent nutjobs.

If someone has a better, more permanent solution, then bring it!

Banning bump stocks won't solve it.
Raising the age to buy guns won't solve it.
And banning guns is just plain stupid.

But I'm always willing to hear a better, smarter solution.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Can't beat 'em?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Taking away guns just takes away the tool. It does nothing to relieve the desire to commit violence. 

Very true.
if only the politicians and the people marching understood this.

but there must be an overhaul in who/why/when/how when it comes to gun ownership.
it shouldn't take more time and steps to get a driver's license than to purchase a gun. that's my one and only compromise.
edit on 20-2-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm afraid there ain't no fixing it. It's too late. You can't tell a m#####f####r sh!t. In one ear, out the other. The poison on TV, the poisonous music.....maybe start there, as well as the parenting......obviously?
edit on R2018pm20C2018000000Tue, 20 Feb 2018 18:36:13 -060013America/Chicago by RoadCourse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There is none anywhere in the world. Russia has always been for NO CITIZEN should ever own a firearm. Yet , they have one of the most heinous school shootings in history.
The worst case of school violence ever was way back in the day and had nothing at all to do with firearms.

There is evil everywhere , anywhere , and any time.
And you cant pass legislation to prevent evil.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Perhaps a simple attitude adjustment is all that's needed. Owning guns is more important than kids lives.

Just collateral damage as is were, in the quest for freedom!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Stole this.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

56 million defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control:

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are "citizens". Without them, we are "subjects".

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, please spread this antigun-control message to all of your friends.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.
SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
IT'S A NO BRAINER!
DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

Spread the word everywhere you can that you are a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment!

It's time to speak loud before they try to silence and disarm us.

You're not imagining it, history shows that governments always manipulate tragedies to attempt to disarm the people.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I say "CIVIL WAR" Those with guns against those who oppose guns. Let's just see who wins already!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No one is saying ban guns..

The only thing proposed is banning the new sale of a couple types of assault type rifle..all while grandfathering in the millions in circulation...

Something that could maybe help marginally.. but really only with school shootings . Since a kid isn’t gonna have an old one and MAYBE a private citizen would be more attentive than a big bix store type situation....

The only real merit I see is that assault rifles attract people who veiw guns as toys...

You do t but an assault rifle for a fun cal reason..

You buy it as a toy..

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disenchanted1
I say "CIVIL WAR" Those with guns against those who oppose guns. Let's just see who wins already!

What a fantastic idea. We can get rid of the people to poor to buy guns and thin the herd of useless eaters.

Two birds, one stone. You make me proud to be an American...MAGA
edit on 20-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

No one is saying ban guns..

Just ban "some" guns.

Then what?

When shooting still continue, ban some more?

Then more?

Treating the symptom won't cure the disease.

All gun bans do is punish gun owners.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Interesting... I’ve always heard from the non-liberal groups that school should just be for teaching math and other basic school subjects, and not for social engineering.

I’m all for social engineering in schools. Teach kids how to treat themselves and each other.

I like it. It’s a start anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The only thing proposed is banning the new sale of a couple types of assault type rifle..all while grandfathering in the millions in circulation...

But the problem is that an "assault" rifle is just a hunting rifle with a couple of bits of plastic stuck on it.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Interesting... I’ve always heard from the non-liberal groups that school should just be for teaching math and other basic school subjects, and not for social engineering.

I’m all for social engineering in schools. Teach kids how to treat themselves and each other.

I like it. It’s a start anyway.

Ouch.

Bitten by bitter irony!

Don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I'll take it and eat some humble pie along the way.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

It's to teach people better ways to cope with stresses.

When I was younger,shooting targets with pellet guns and slingshots WAS stress relief!
I killed a crow with a slingshot and learned what not to do,when to do it and why.

The things I worry about is control and the lack of control by others.

If only the state has guns,how will I the hunter...eat??
As an outdoors type,I am ok but,what about others who might need a rifle??

Also...just because I am wearing an orange vest,doesn't mean I won't get shot or shot at.

I am against gun control and waaaaay more for self control.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

So your answer is more guns?

Stopping sale on guns is clearly not the answer. If it were, the war on drugs would already be just a fist-fight.

So rather than preaching the "not mah guns" sermon, how about suggesting something that will work?

And don't worry, as long as the USA is the largest exporter of weaponry in the world, no one is coming to take 'yer guns." That is assured. However, even those with the least amount of common sense must admit that the USA has a violent gun problem. Pointing fingers at 3rd world countries and saying "we have less murders than them" doesn't mean anything worthwhile (I'm not accusing you in particular of doing this.)

What we, as a people, should be doing is pushing for the enforcement of the laws already on the books. No loopholes. I think everyone agrees that there should be a healthy, commonsense middle-ground...the problem is that no one wants to compromise and seek the middle ground.

Guns are a tool, and they can be used for good things, but I'm pretty sure that shooting up a school isn't a good thing. I'm pretty sure that shooting up a concert isn't a good thing. So, where's the common sense middle ground? What is anyone willing to give up to see that another school massacre doesn't happen? What compromise would you make to ensure that your child doesn't go to school and end up in a bodybag?

link   

I’m really not being sarcastic. I’d be thrilled if you guys agreed that some social engineering in schools can be a good thing.

link   
a reply to: olaru12

Perhaps a simple attitude adjustment is all that's needed. Owning guns is more important than kids lives.

If i am guilty of a crime.

Take me to a effing court of law and PROVE it beyond all reasonable doubt.

Like the GD Bill of Rights says.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I to have posted many times about this and agree entirely.
S&F.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I felt your pain.

But in this case it's needed. Emotions are fundamental to being human and non of us are born with the knowledge to deal with them. If we were, babies would never cry.

The parents could and probably should be the ones that do the teaching. But the current society doesn't give enough time to parents today. To many people working to much and not having time for the emotional needs of each other.

Teaching emotional maturity in schools is a good fix for our current society needs.
edit on 20-2-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join