It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs memo to ban bump stocks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Who am I to tell you what to do? What about me and ten of my friends? Can my friends and I tell you that you must buy certain things and not others? Of course not. So where does our government, a representative democracy, get any power to tell us what to do??? All power is inherent in the people, so where does government get that power. The fact is THEY DO NOT HAVE THE POWER AT ALL. Courts are for remedy, for injury to person, property or reputation. That's it. Either criminal or civil or both, but it is always for remedy. Our governments have turned these court into a joke, and they use them as justifications for powers that they do not have. Gun control is only one issue. I can't tell you what to buy or not buy and neither can me and my friends. The discussion should be, WHAT POWER?? Not what 'rules' do yo wish into impose on me today!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

I agree with this. However bumpstocks serve no real purpose other than increase ROF. I don't see any real world use for it. If you want an auto, invest in an FLL. But the wording needs to be specific. No need to ban legitimate mods.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"I don't like "banning" anything"

Oh really, what about flame throwers, grenades and bombs? You have no problem with your neighbors or gang bangers running around with those?

OF course we need to ban things, there's no reason to even have a government if we can't restrict anything.

Bump stocks should have never been legal to sell in the first place.

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Nope. Provided they behave within the laws set forth for their use. If not, well, that's why we have the police, right?

You do know, don't you, that flame throwers are used by farmers to help control weeds and such? Burn off their fields prior to planting new crops? Etc...?

Provided, as with automatic weapons, you've jumped through the hoops, you may possess grenades, too. I understand they're great for quick and easy fishing...though that seems a bit of an overkill.

Yup, banning bumpstocks will make me so much safer.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join