It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs memo to ban bump stocks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
There is no other information but it is being reported that President Trump has signed a memo and given it to Sessions to recommend a ban to bump stocks.

www.cnbc.com...

Not sure how this is going to sit with some folks. Myself, as a gun owner, could care less.

What says you ATSNN?

Hmm. Let's see.
What can I do that will make people think I'm making active decisions toward improving personal safety in the US and reducing the number of mass shootings... without upsetting my NRA base?

Ooh, I know!

*scribbles*
edit on 20-2-2018 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Good, the manufactures have the records of who purchased these, time to round the devices up since they're now illegal.

K~

They’re illegal already?

Boy that memo sure moved fast, didn’t it?

Reading is fundamental

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

So, you advocate inconvenience maybe 300 million people because maybe less than a dozen might shoot a few folks.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Don't think he really cares.

So long as it supports his cause, he's all for throwing away peoples rights to due process. Of course, unfortunately, he's not alone in that.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

...and of course, the other old chestnut :
"It's not the guns that kill, it's the owners"

edit on 20-2-2018 by Cassi3l because: ..wait no, it's not the owners, it's ... climate change (China's fault)... it's ...the full moon (ban it) .. it's ... the liberals (lock 'em up) ... not the gun owners 'fault', as such

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

Y'know, I've never yet, in all the time I've spent on the range, or in the field hunting, seen a gun, of any sort, save a malfunction, shoot itself. Not once.

Nearly a thousand times, out of a thousand, someone needs to pull the trigger.

It's an "old chestnut" for a reason...because it's a truth.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Shamrock6

Don't think he really cares.

So long as it supports his cause, he's all for throwing away peoples rights to due process. Of course, unfortunately, he's not alone in that.

Sanctuary Cities!

The only recourse we have left.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Was a bump stock used in the Florida shooting?
Either way, he's taking a stand and taking action. Which I think is a good thing.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

I'd venture to say that NRA would be against getting rid of bump stocks. Just a guess though. Seems more like hes trying to make the people calling for action happy. Rather than the NRA.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ursushorribilis

The big issue about "bump stocks" came up over 4 months ago when one was used in the Las Vegas massacre.

K~

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yeah, seen doing something that will do absolutely nothing-as in, no change-to address the real problems.

I'm going to withhold my cheers.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yeah, seen doing something that will do absolutely nothing-as in, no change-to address the real problems.

I'm going to withhold my cheers.

I wouldn't say this is doing nothing. Bump stocks are designed to allow your gun to shoot "like" a fully automatic weapon. Considering one of the big issues is "assault" weapons, seems like it would make a lot of gun control people happy atleast.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: matafuchs

LOL, if this makes some folks happy, super. Bump stocks are idiotic. Just don't tell anyone your belt loop does the same thing. We can't be banning pants. I'd have to beat the bitches off with a stick if they could see my sexy legs.

How is this comparison even a thing?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Banning bump stocks.

I don't like "banning" anything.

It just sits wrong with me.

I don't like it, personally.

Could save a life down the road, who knows? Still doesn't sit well? Well there's 0 negative to banning this.
edit on 20-2-2018 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I know what a bump stock is. Personally, they're a waste of ammunition, and money.

This is a poor attempt at trying to be seen doing something. The Vegas shooting is, to my knowledge, the only shooting that involved the use of a bump stock.

The problem isn't guns or accessories, it's the person behind the trigger. If I'd had any thoughts, I didn't, that Trump was any different than any of the other politicians, and might do something right, rather than easy, this ended that--certainly it gives one pause for thought.

I suppose you could say this gives him a little breathing space to come up with something actually constructive. But I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to use a bump stock? It is the most useless gun accessory since the monopod.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Banning bump stocks.

I don't like "banning" anything.

It just sits wrong with me.

I don't like it, personally.

Could save a life down the road, who knows? Still doesn't sit well? Well there's 0 negative to banning this.

So you're good with enforcing something if it saves just one life?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Good, the manufactures have the records of who purchased these, time to round the devices up since they're now illegal.

K~

Not so, bump stocks aren't regulated any more than a pair of socks. Besides who for gun parts with anything but cash.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks that this is a big deal and will help stop anything probably doesn't know anything about guns.
As we all know that it is easier to hit more targets accurately with a semi auto than a full auto.
But gun grabbers will call this a win in their book.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

bump stocks aren't regulated any more than a pair of socks

yup, easier to sell with tags like
"Show us your Maga hat, you'll get a 50% reduction"

Even so, It's a hard time for gun sellers

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join