It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs memo to ban bump stocks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Think I will go buy a bump stock

If for no other reason just to snip off the usual suspects.

Just for spite!

I really don’t think anyone cares if you go out and buy one.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The debate over major gun law change should not even be happening until Chicago is cleaned up as a proof of concept.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't think people care about their civil liberty.

That's so clearly spelled out here.

www.aclu.org...

Nor do they give one EFF bout their 14th amendment RIGHT or that same right 300 million other Americans so clearly have, but snip all over.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Seig Heil REICH WINGERS.

Doing authoritarians proud.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

As a gun owner, I generally support banning them. The only reason that bump fire stocks exist is to exploit and circumvent the existing regulations on fully automatic weapons. Furthermore, they allow the anti-gun lobby to conflate semi-automatic weapons with fully automatic weapons, which just confuses people and makes it easier for the antis to mislead the general public on a potential AWB.

Get rid of them. If you want a full auto rifle, go through the correct process of getting one.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
How about age limits for purchasing guns?

Link

This one I do not agree with. Bump stocks. Could care less it is an 'accessory' and not needed. However, would that lead to magazine size restrictions? Again, not needed to shoot but an accessory.

Slippery slope...

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

No. No age limit.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
gone are the days were you could mail order a thompson

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

We already make a distinction between handguns and long guns when it comes to minimum age of purchase. If they were to raise the minimum age to purchase a semiautomatic 'assault rifle' by a few years, at face value, I don't think its a problem. As I said in the other thread about that specific issue, one good thing about that is that it gives the problem cases a few more years as an adult in the meantime to get picked up on some charge that lands them on the NICS prohibited list.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Good, the manufactures have the records of who purchased these, time to round the devices up since they're now illegal.

K~

That's not how this works.

But I wouldn't expect you to know that.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: aethertek

So I take it you're ok with rounding up illegal aliens since they, too, are illegal, correct?

No because I'm not ignorant enough to equate disadvantaged immigrants with a inanimate object designed only to make killing people easier for the mentally deficient.

K~

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Good, the manufactures have the records of who purchased these, time to round the devices up since they're now illegal.

K~

That's not how this works.

But I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Or care to learn it for that matter.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: dashen
Seems like kind of a really cheap and blatant way to circumvent class 3 licensing requirements. For 15 bucks you can have a fully auto AR. I was surprised they were ever legal to begin with. Question is what's going to happen to all the people who already have them? Are they now felons with the stroke of a pen?

if this is like other bans, it will not be legal to sell bump stocks anymore, but those who have them will still own them. The price will go way up and really, really stupid people will seek them just to own one. (IMHO)

Or someone will come out with a free 3D model to print out. I've seen Youtube videos where they show how to replicate existing parts like ammunition clips using basic metalwork hardware like drills, drill bits and clamps.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: aethertek

So I take it you're ok with rounding up illegal aliens since they, too, are illegal, correct?

No because I'm not ignorant enough to equate disadvantaged immigrants with a inanimate object designed only to make killing people easier for the mentally deficient.

K~

Can you read?

Today we begin to disarm the criminal and the careless and the insane. All of our people who are deeply concerned in this country about law and order should hail this day.

www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

The Gun Control Act of 1968

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This may be an AI who has only ever been fed Occupy Democrats memes.

Don't waste the effort.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

No. No age limit.

What no limit.

So long as he has a licence the a 13 year old should have the right to buy his own gun.

Well I guess that would end bullying but might cause a few more of those schools shootings.

Going to schools would be like taking a day trip to Syria

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: neo96

This may be an AI who has only ever been fed Occupy Democrats memes.

Don't waste the effort.

This thought occurred to me.

edit on 20-2-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
my prediction is that as time goes by trumps true colors will show more and more.
As the next 3 years go by you will see trump working closer and closer to the dems till his own base turns against him.

If the congress was majority dems right now he would already be on their side.
Trump only cares about power , no mater how he gets it or who gives it to him.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
2 days after rapid fire rifle device on special offer in salute to Donald Trump hits the market

Maybe the Donald is worried about his brand tanking even more

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Even though killers will always find a way to kill, it's good that something is being done to make it harder to kill many at once.

So..what's next?

How about making 25 the minumum age to buy a firearm. Small incremental steps in the right direction are important.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
2 days after rapid fire rifle device on special offer in salute to Donald Trump hits the market

Maybe the Donald is worried about his brand tanking even more

Now that's definitely worth a full throat-ed laugh, get them while they're hot.

Funnier still is all their blather about "responsible" gun owners.
Any one irresponsible enough to by one of these devices has no business owning a firearm because to their childish world view it's just a toy.

K~
edit on 20-2-2018 by aethertek because: spc

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join