It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs memo to ban bump stocks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

This last school massacre may be the water shed moment in American society for finally bringing some reason & rationality to the current neuroses afflicting certain American males.

Still ignoring the Gun Free Zone Act of 1990 I see.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Really doesn't matter.. Google "make a bump stock." Personally, I don't need one today but it's not today I am worried about.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I must say credit were credit is due it’s nice to see Trump doing something about guns even though I think he could go further, I thinks it’s good to see him at least doing something

What exactly do you wanna do about guns, take them all?

Bump stocks are crap anyways, couldn't care less that he signed a memo to ban them.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So I take it you're ok with rounding up illegal aliens since they, too, are illegal, correct?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
bump stocks are dumb anyways

link   

link   

originally posted by: aethertek
This last school massacre may be the water shed moment in American society for finally bringing some reason & rationality to the current neuroses afflicting certain American males.

What about all those neuroses afflicting certain inner city males where even bb guns are banned? Or is your obvious white privilege argument shining through here?

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Still ignoring the Gun Free Zone Act of 1990 I see.

www.usatoday.com...

Killers continue targeting locations where guns are not allowed. Ninety-eight percent of public mass shootings in this country occur in gun-free zones — the Florida school being one of them.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Some of you are seeing the point that Trump is making. It is a crumb. However, it is a crumb that can be used by the Administration to say 'something' is being done and the media can not continue to bash them for doing nothing.

This has been being reviewed by the Justice Department since the Vegas shooting in December. Just in time for this meeting...

The White House will hold listening sessions with parents, teachers, and students from Parkland, as well as others affected by school shootings in Newtown, Conn., and Columbine, Colo., on Wednesday.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

I must say credit were credit is due it’s nice to see Trump doing something about guns even though I think he could go further, I thinks it’s good to see him at least doing something

Bump stocks are crap anyways, couldn't care less that he signed a memo to ban them.

I have said it time after time I do not think it is right nor is it realistic to say there should ever be a outright ban on all guns only that there should be much stronger restrictions.

I think this is a positive move in the right direction

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So I take it you're ok with rounding up illegal aliens since they, too, are illegal, correct?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I have said it time after time I do not think it is right nor is it realistic to say there should ever be a outright ban on all guns only that there should be much stronger restrictions.

The cities with the most strictest laws are the most dangerous and highest gun crimes. What move would you suggest to make that stop?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Lol!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scifi2424

originally posted by: aethertek

What about all those neuroses afflicting certain inner city males where even bb guns are banned? Or is your obvious white privilege argument shining through here?

originally posted by: aethertek This last school massacre may be the water shed moment in American society for finally bringing some reason & rationality to the current neuroses afflicting certain American males.

I said American males, why did you bring up inner city & white privilege?

K~

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Don't like it.

Banning anything by govt. fiat is wrong. I prefer to make my own decisions, thank you.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The cities with the most strictest laws are the most dangerous and highest gun crimes. What move would you suggest to make that stop?

There was a interesting thread earlier today that was discussing just this.

California was the example used, more than 50% reduction in gun deaths in the last few decades and less gun deaths per capital than states like Texas.

I think this is some NRA myth that more gun control leads to more gun violence because the numbers do t back it up but again that is a argument for another time.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Did hell freeze over? Welcome to the Trumpites camp

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Now I think the problem is far greater than gun laws but your statement is just false. NYC and Boston for instance do not have the highest gun crimes.

If we are talking per capita it isn't even Chicago.
edit on 20-2-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Think I will go buy a bump stock

If for no other reason just to snip off the usual suspects.

Just for spite!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Did hell freeze over? Welcome to the Trumpites camp

It is a little cold down here actually.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join