It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs memo to ban bump stocks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There is no other information but it is being reported that President Trump has signed a memo and given it to Sessions to recommend a ban to bump stocks.

www.cnbc.com...

Not sure how this is going to sit with some folks. Myself, as a gun owner, could care less.

What says you ATSNN?
edit on Febpm28pmf0000002018-02-20T15:11:02-06:000302 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I must say credit were credit is due it’s nice to see Trump doing something about guns even though I think he could go further, I thinks it’s good to see him at least doing something

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Seems like kind of a really cheap and blatant way to circumvent class 3 licensing requirements. For 15 bucks you can have a fully auto AR. I was surprised they were ever legal to begin with. Question is what's going to happen to all the people who already have them? Are they now felons with the stroke of a pen?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Honestly, I think we all died when citizen grand juries were removed.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I don't have an issue with this move.

It's not actually doing much other than make some anti gun people feel better.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Any ban is bad and unconstitutional really. Is it just bump stock or "any device use to increase the 'normal' rate of fire"? If it's the later, they could theoretically ban any trigger mods or worst semi-automatics weapons.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Seems like kind of a really cheap and blatant way to circumvent class 3 licensing requirements. For 15 bucks you can have a fully auto AR. I was surprised they were ever legal to begin with. Question is what's going to happen to all the people who already have them? Are they now felons with the stroke of a pen?

But was licensing legal to begin with?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

LOL, if this makes some folks happy, super. Bump stocks are idiotic. Just don't tell anyone your belt loop does the same thing. We can't be banning pants. I'd have to beat the bitches off with a stick if they could see my sexy legs.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

if this is like other bans, it will not be legal to sell bump stocks anymore, but those who have them will still own them. The price will go way up and really, really stupid people will seek them just to own one. (IMHO)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Banning bump stocks.

I don't like "banning" anything.

It just sits wrong with me.

I don't like it, personally.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
An electric drill and a funny shaped piece of wood would be more effective than a bump stock, and you could scrape that together outside of a goodwill, any hardware store, any walmart...

I never liked bump stocks, but banning them does nothing but erode freedom. The same effect can be had with a rubber band, a belt loop, or anyone with some spare time and a pistol-grip.

But if they're going to ban them, I wish I had bought one- it feels nice to exorcise my rights, and it does not feel nice to watch them taken away.

This is just another nail in the coffin for the 2nd, which has been steadily eroded for decades.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good, the manufactures have the records of who purchased these, time to round the devices up since they're now illegal.

K~
edit on 20-2-2018 by aethertek because: cma

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

But if they're going to ban them, I wish I had bought one- it feels nice to exorcise my rights, and it does not feel nice to watch them taken away.

um, please disregard that part in my previous post.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

Any ban is bad and unconstitutional really. Is it just bump stock or "any device use to increase the 'normal' rate of fire"? If it's the later, they could theoretically ban any trigger mods or worst semi-automatics weapons.

Maybe by banning rate of fire increasing devices the semi auto will loose some focus by much of the anti crowd. Allowing them to operate at higher than their manufactured rate might well lead to a call to ban them even more.

That said, I am allowing for logic with a group of people who may not be able to use it.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Would not have stopped Holmes,Lanza or Cruz.

Banning bump stocks is stupid.

Trump is stupid for even trying to appease the neanderthal anti gunners.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Depends on your definition of what 'shall not be infringed' means

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Trump on Tuesday said that he is recommending that all devices that "turn weapons into machine guns" be banned.

Rubber bands will now be banned!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why didn't Obama ban them?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This last school massacre may be the water shed moment in American society for finally bringing some reason & rationality to the current neuroses afflicting certain American males.

Support for universal background checks is itself almost universal, 97 - 2 percent, including 97 - 3 percent among gun owners.

Support for gun control on other questions is at its highest level since the Quinnipiac University Poll began focusing on this issue in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre:

67 - 29 percent for a nationwide ban on the sale of assault weapons;
83 - 14 percent for a mandatory waiting period for all gun purchases.

It is too easy to buy a gun in the U.S. today, American voters say 67 - 3 percent.

If more people carried guns, the U.S. would be less safe, voters say 59 - 33 percent.

Congress needs to do more to reduce gun violence, voters say 75 - 17 percent.

poll.qu.edu...

K~

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Rubber bands will now be banned!

Nope.

You'll just need to know the law. Do not be in possession of both a semi auto rifle and a rubber band.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join