It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the US do to help combat the GUN problem?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

What gun problem??

Denial is the enemy of school children!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

People conveniently IGNORE the whole "well REGULATED militia" first part of the 2nd Amendment...that gives the very reason for the SECOND half of the 2nd.

America DIDN'T have a professional standing army back then. Citizens were ENCOURAGED and expected to muster as ad-hoc military units...this is a LONG tradition going back to English LONGBOWMEN of the feudal era.

TODAY? Today we pay taxes to hire PROFESSIONALS to protect us with arms. Citizen armies would be steamrolled by other world power professional armies today.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

People conveniently IGNORE the whole "well REGULATED militia" first part of the 2nd Amendment...that gives the very reason for the SECOND half of the 2nd.

America DIDN'T have a professional standing army back then. Citizens were ENCOURAGED and expected to muster as ad-hoc military units...this is a LONG tradition going back to English LONGBOWMEN of the feudal era.

TODAY? Today we pay taxes to hire PROFESSIONALS to protect us with arms. Citizen armies would be steamrolled by other world power professional armies today.

Yes, a militia force would be steamrolled. That same army, however, doesn't protect from internal issues. There's plenty of follow-ups by Washington and others that refer to the defense from that gov't as well.

The simple fact is we've had fathers teaching their sons the use and respect of weapons for well over 200 years. These shootings have gotten out of hand very recently. Yes?

The bottom line is your going to have to find a different solution. Your not getting me to give up my protection when this insanity grows worse.

Deal with it.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If that were true then why are machine guns strictly regulated?

The hoops that you have to jump through to have one is crazy.

I'm not saying let's ban guns. But the time that all we do is offer prayers whenever there's a mass shooting needs to end. No kid should have to die in a school because of a mass shooting.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: neo96

If that were true then why are machine guns strictly regulated?

The hoops that you have to jump through to have one is crazy.

I'm not saying let's ban guns. But the time that all we do is offer prayers whenever there's a mass shooting needs to end. No kid should have to die in a school because of a mass shooting.
Exactly! So preventing risky ownership and more checks by an insurance company would help! Licenses and insurance go well together just as they do for cars and bikes.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I had to sign paperwork at the gun shop when I bought my gun.
I had to go through a criminal background check to get my C.C.W.
I have considered getting gun insurance only because of civil lawsuits.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I use to have a copy of that book and it was in the box of my UFO stuff
when I threw them away.I should have gone through that box before
pitching it out.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

...November 5, 39-year-old Hasan, armed with a semi-automatic pistol, shouted “Allahu Akbar” (Arabic for “God is great”) and then opened fire at a crowd inside a Fort Hood processing center where soldiers who were about to be deployed overseas or were returning from deployment received medical screenings. The massacre, which left 12 service members and one Department of Defense employee dead, lasted approximately 10 minutes ...

A pistol was used

20 April...In the months prior to the attacks, Harris and Klebold acquired two 9 mm firearms and two 12-gauge shotguns. Their friend, Robyn Anderson, had inadvertently[29] bought a rifle and the two shotguns used in the massacre at the Tanner Gun Show in December 1998.[30] Through Philip Duran,[31] another friend, Harris and Klebold later bought a handgun from Mark Manes for $500. After the massacre, Manes and Duran were prosecuted for their roles in supplying guns to Harris and Klebold.[32][33] Each was charged with supplying a handgun to a minor and possession of a sawed-off shotgun...

handguns and shotguns

the various levels of government have created a less than adequate fishnet approach to deal with 'Guns'...

Why such a porous protocol designed to let 'guns' get into the hands of average people ? ----
because operations like 'fast & furious' could not have happened otherwise, nor could mind-controlled 'lone-gun' shooters pop up from time-to-time -->

Which would then point directly to Government> Deep State > rogue agency platoons.... as the primary Directors of Events such as snipers/assaults/assassinations/ bombings

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notwhatitseems
I own multiple AR-15’s.

Why?

You have one pair of hands.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reydelsol
Why?

Dual wielding.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I own multiple AR-15’s.

Why?

When the barrel gets hot it jams.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The constitution doesn't protect anyone. It limits government.

You are looking for it to do things its is not intended to. Protecting children isn't the governments job. Its the job of society, of parents, of schools.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why?

Dual wielding.

Proven to be the worst way to use a gun

edit on 21-2-2018 by Reydelsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I own multiple AR-15’s.

Why?

When the barrel gets hot it jams.

Then dont spray and pray. Aim and make every shot count.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I had to sign paperwork at the gun shop when I bought my gun.
I had to go through a criminal background check to get my C.C.W.
I have considered getting gun insurance only because of civil lawsuits.
Good!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You are looking for it to do things its is not intended to. Protecting children isn't the governments job. Its the job of society, of parents, of schools.
And who governs society and who is responsible for safety and gun policy!
edit on 21-2-2018 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

And who governs society and who is responsible for ensuring policy, law, safety and gun policy!

We The People

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

And who governs society and who is responsible for ensuring policy, law, safety and gun policy!

We The People
You the people are doing the school shootings! Thus why the problem is not people but the peoples (ill or not) easy poorly vetted access to GUNS! Which makes the problem GUNS!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

We The People
You the people are doing the school shootings! Thus why the problem is not people but the peoples (ill or not) easy poorly vetted access to GUNS! Which makes the problem GUNS!

I have never shot anyone.

And i've never seen a gun shoot someone without a human being the cause.

You like talking in circles, don't you?

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Then logic would dictate changing safety protocols at schools, not banning firearms. You know what most of these school shootings have in common? Besides being gun free zones the shooter was able to walk through the front doors.

But yeah, lets ban scary looking guns instead of just locking the f#;$' doors.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join