It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the US do to help combat the GUN problem?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: grey580

Gun control is directly forbidden by the Bill of Rights, and the 14th.

Why do people not understand this?

Because they choose to pretend this Country has no Costitution or no Bill of Rights...unless it fits their narrative, of course (POTUS is prohibiting free press ring a bell?).

It will never cease to amaze me when inanimate objects are blamed for actions that humans clearly took!

Oh, and the insurance proposition? Pretty sure tons of folks are found daily to be operating motor vehicles while uninsured because, you know, those that will disobey laws would never disobey this one...so it would never be just the criminals that would be armed.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Lagomorphe

We were born with a brain as our only weapon. We are physically outclassed by almost every beast on the planet.

So we level the field by using our best weapon....a brain that innovates solutions.

Dolphins would knack us 2 miles or more before we arrived mate...

Trust me when I say that or if you want... keep it to U2U.

We are pretty primitive when it comes to brain matter...

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's not a "gun problem"

It's a people problem.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I do not think that would help. Generally the same people who don't want to be forced into paying for health insurance are the same ones that promote the most liberal interpretation of the 2nd amendment. I think there is zero chance such mandatory insurance could ever get through Congress, nor should it.

What does not wanting to be forced into paying healthcare insurance have to do with the Second Amendment ? Why is it a liberal interpretation ? There is no interpreting the Constitution except for the Supreme Court. And why would it be a liberal interpretation ? The Supreme Court has agreed multiple times.
Forcing folks at the cost of a penalty to purchase anything is against the Constitution . That is why the treacherous Obama changed the word from penalty to tax.
So , without knowing anything , you want to impose another penalty on the citizens of the US ? To be able to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights they have to pay a penalty ?
Forcing anyone to give up their firearms (other than someone tried and convicted of a felony) is against the 2nd. Again , the Supreme Court has agreed multiple times.

Not going to happen.....
I recommend you stop absorbing BS and learn something of the US Constitution for yourself
And that applies to the OP as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Grimmley

God gave us the right to bear arms?
No #?

No.

God gave nothing.

Humans with a pen and a piece of paper did.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimmley

You are correct. Rights are NON NEGOTIABLE, compromising on ones RIGHT's makes them no longer RIGHT's but privileges afforded by the government. RIGHT's are given to us by our Creator, not by some creation of men. This goes for ALL RIGHT's, not just the 2A.

Feelings do not have a factor in the debate, RIGHT's are RIGHT's feelings have NOTHING to do with this.

So the short answer is No Compromise on ANY of Our RIGHT's, end of debate.

Grim

God did not write the US constitution.

Men with a piece of paper did.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
All we need is more cost, fees, permits licensing, stamps, blah blah, to drive the already expensive cost of firearms thru the roof.

I have watched the price of a simple Ruger mini 14 go from less than 200 in the 80's to over 900 today.

You could argue inflation to me, but I wouldn't believe that was the only cause. Wages haven't increased to keep up so that thousand dollar price tag for a .223, 5 shot, semi auto is pure ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimmley for the rest of the world the

FFS people learn the guiding document to the US before you all try to say it needs to be fixed.

You mean that document that has been changed dozen of times? The thing with AMENDMENTS. That document that even has a system in place that allow change with a certain percentage of congress votes?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Reydelsol

The piece of paper as you call it, is NOT where the rights come from, our rights come our Creator, who ever you believe it is, not by man. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights, are documents to remind governments of that.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimmley

Is that what the Eighteenth Amendment was about? God reminding the government about what your rights are...

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Create over 75 years of gun control laws 'crazy' people don't obey.

But whose counting anyway?

Ammiright?

There is no gun problem.

People pick them up.

People aim them.

People pull the trigger.

People break a myriad of laws.

When will people stop blaming objects for the actions of a person that is in already violation of existing LAWS?
we have politicians that just want to win they go home at night and could careless as long as there winning.
I would like to ask the kids in Florida why they are not lynching the kid that killed there friends...Mob the jail

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

To touch back on the original argument gun insurance.

1) Permission to exercise a right, not a privilege, would no longer be protected by the government but instead transferred to a corporation to grant or deny as company policy and shareholders whim dictates. You may encounter other abuses on a State by State level such as Ohio auto insurance policies which grant the state the ability to violate search and seizure rights when conducting random searches for proof of insurance. Ohio also maintains a database of who does and does not have insurance and only companies approved by the state are valid insurance policies. Meaning the company places a bond with the state in which interest is shared with the state. Money maker. You bet it is. Penalties for not having insurance are actually worse than DUI in Ohio.

2). Registering and tracking firearms is a dangerous proposition. The Federal government is prevented from doing so by law. When they find a gun, crime scene or not. It is ballistics tested to see if it connects to other crimes. The serial number is tracked by the manufacturer to the FFL holder, the form is checked to whom it was originally sold. The original purchaser is interviewed and so on and so on.

3) You do not own your car. It is owned by the State in which you reside until transferred to another state. That registration sticker is the rent you pay to the state each year. Back to Ohio because I am most familiar with their laws. A police officer can legally commandeer your car (just like the movies), completely trash it and guess what...they don’t owe you a single penny. Why, because the state owns it you do not.

Bottom line, pawning off gun rights protections to corporate America, registering and tracking of firearms to be later confiscated nor losing ownership to the State or Federal government is not a good position to advocate. Making criminals out of ordinary people by penstroke is also not a good idea, see Obamacare.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
there is no gun problem there's a people problem

it's a social issue, the gun doesn't have any problems and if it does buy a new one it's not safe

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The second amendment is just on paper, no matter what they do with the constitution its not going to change the fact that in America anyone can get a gun.

I bet it would be a big turn around for both sides if we relived history.

When the second amendment was written they never dreamed that somebody would shoot 20 people in a school and live to see the light of day.

The town folk would have had a trial and the person would have been hung. End of store.
All this marching in the street is what the town folk would have been doing in front of the jail.
Guns wouldn't have been any part of the problem.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Nothing.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I own multiple AR-15’s. In many different configurations. Along side many other semi-auto firearms. Know how many people I’ve shot? Zero. None. Nada.

Know why? I’m not insane.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reydelsol

originally posted by: nwtrucker

What gun problem??

Because everything is fine and dandy in the USA.

School shooting are perfectly normal and a sign of a healthly, stable society.......

The denial on this thread is amazing.....
Its beyond amazing! Its the very reason there is such a gun problem!!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
But many other people are insane and that is why there needs to be more restrictive policies. And all those that are not unstable will be able to carry on with their BANG BANGs!
edit on 21-2-2018 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

a reply to: grey580

Gun control is directly forbidden by the Bill of Rights, and the 14th.

Why do people not understand this?
When a constitution does not support society and ensure the safety of our children whilst at school then surely the constitution needs to be updated to reflect the threat it poses to society and people!!

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

I do not think that would help. Generally the same people who don't want to be forced into paying for health insurance are the same ones that promote the most liberal interpretation of the 2nd amendment. I think there is zero chance such mandatory insurance could ever get through Congress, nor should it.

What does not wanting to be forced into paying healthcare insurance have to do with the Second Amendment ? Why is it a liberal interpretation ? There is no interpreting the Constitution except for the Supreme Court. And why would it be a liberal interpretation ? The Supreme Court has agreed multiple times.
Forcing folks at the cost of a penalty to purchase anything is against the Constitution . That is why the treacherous Obama changed the word from penalty to tax.
So , without knowing anything , you want to impose another penalty on the citizens of the US ? To be able to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights they have to pay a penalty ?
Forcing anyone to give up their firearms (other than someone tried and convicted of a felony) is against the 2nd. Again , the Supreme Court has agreed multiple times.

Not going to happen.....
I recommend you stop absorbing BS and learn something of the US Constitution for yourself
And that applies to the OP as well.
And the constitution is part of the problem and does not help protect children in today's BANG BANG society.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join