It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the US do to help combat the GUN problem?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

That's because people aren't doing their jobs. Not because the laws aren't effective.

If the laws already in place were properly enforced this most recent event wouldn't have happened.

Making more laws that are only going to make it harder for law abiding people to enjoy our Constitutionally protected rights is not going to prevent criminals from being criminals.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
We do not have a gun problem. When I see my guns walk out and starts shooting random people, then I will admit that it is a gun problem.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Would introducing a Gun policy whereby folks can keep their guns if they take out obligatory insurance to hold and use a gun. Would this help tighten up the access to guns and help prevent those unsuitable for gun ownership from getting and holding a gun legally without an insurance policy in place. Insurance companies would apply there own due diligence and checks before granting an insurance policy to those who wish to keep or acquire guns. Thus making it impossible get a gun license without insurance and unable to buy and keep a gun without both.

Would it help prevent unsuitable individuals legally acquiring and owning guns and would that reduce the risk level in terms of the crazy shooter attacks on innocent children and teachers etc?

Would it also provide funds to victims families should there be an attack on their family members?

Just an idea. SHOOT me down if you think its a bad idea!

We should ask murderers to take out life insurance policies on their victims too. They would still be dead though, but hey its a step in some direction or another...

We don't have a gun problem. We have a disrespectful spoiled brat punk problem. And we have a boatload of people who want to blame the NRA even though, to the best of my knowledge, none of these crimes was committed by an NRA member. We blame the NRA, the guns, the gun stores, gun owners who had nothing to do with it, everyone but the people who actually commit the crimes and the parents of the minors who commit these crimes. Maybe that is why the problem still exists.

And what about the teens who are bullied and harassed until they snap and go on a shooting spree. Why are we not pointing fingers at the classmates who pushed the kid over the edge? It seems to me they are as responsible for the crime as anyone else is. But they play the victim along with everyone else and walk away free.

I said in my own thread and I will say it again here: we will never solve problems if we can't even correctly identify them.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
We do not have a gun problem. When I see my guns walk out and starts shooting random people, then I will admit that it is a gun problem.

Gun control= Unlawful imprisonment.

See the second, and 14th amendment.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If people do not have access to drugs is there a drug problem? No! If drugs are easier to access do more people use and abuse them? Yes!

If people have access to drones do they use and abuse them? Yes! And do they fly them near flight paths and airports? Yes!

So if no access or more controlled restricted access to things that can be very dangerous to unstable people then the lesser the risk and victims? Yes!

Common sense is what needs to be unrestricted not weapons!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

What gun problem??

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

What gun problem??

Because everything is fine and dandy in the USA.

School shooting are perfectly normal and a sign of a healthly, stable society.......

The denial on this thread is amazing.....

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If people do not have access to drugs is there a drug problem? No! If drugs are easier to access do more people use and abuse them? Yes!

If people have access to drones do they use and abuse them? Yes! And do they fly them near flight paths and airports? Yes!

So if no access or more controlled restricted access to things that can be very dangerous to unstable people then the lesser the risk and victims? Yes!

All those are people problem ... No?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reydelsol

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The very fact that I have so far only received a single star for my thread clearly highlights the gun mentality problem!

Denial is has obviously become viral. Shame on you who wish to put the whole blame on people when government policy and inaction plus easy access to guns is the problem. BANG BANG!

The mindset needs a reset!!!!!

You had a terrible idea that, when you boil it down, is racist due to the adverse impact it would create against minority. You want some attaboys for this?

The race card? Really?

There is no race card. Its fact. Look up "Adverse Impact" to understand.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You mean the same group of idiots that just went through a viral "im gonna eat some tide pods" issue?

Our children have loads of issues. You aren't going to solve issues with our children by levying more laws against adults.
Not all nut jobs that get guns and do what they do are adults in the true sense of the word! Blind ignorance and denial will not help improve the situation. I legally own a gun and securely make sure it can never be abused but I know others that I would rather didn't have a gun. The problem is massive and access is a joke!

The problem is not massive. Not by any stretch.

There is nothing blind or ignorant about what i am telling you. If you want compromise, first use the tools you have available. That is the only compromise im willing to discuss right now.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Could have?

Sounds like the rest of your emotion based logic.

Learn to think for yourself.

I had to get my gun when I was beaten until my face broke and eyeball popped then sliced up and stabbed by an assailant in my home.

It was a terrifying blood bath. I'm not going to go into anymore detail than that.

I hope noone ever has to deal with the kind of violent s!it I went through.

And I am damn sure not going to try and influence the public to disarm.

People are violent, and those that aren't deserve a chance to protect themselves.

A wacko hurting kids isn't enough to take away your right to defend your life.

You may mean well, but in the real world, your opinion falls flat.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The solution is blatantly obvious, all firearms should be collect form the population and replaced with tommy guns from the film Bugsy Malone

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You mean the same group of idiots that just went through a viral "im gonna eat some tide pods" issue?

Our children have loads of issues. You aren't going to solve issues with our children by levying more laws against adults.
Not all nut jobs that get guns and do what they do are adults in the true sense of the word! Blind ignorance and denial will not help improve the situation. I legally own a gun and securely make sure it can never be abused but I know others that I would rather didn't have a gun. The problem is massive and access is a joke!

There is nothing blind or ignorant about what i am telling you. If you want compromise, first use the tools you have available. That is the only compromise im willing to discuss right now.
Good luck with tools that are both inappropriate and not effective. If you think that 17 killed at a school last week is not a massive problem then...well...no hope. Just more of the same! There is no gain without some pain for some who wont like it! Selfish!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
The solution is blatantly obvious, all firearms should be collect form the population and replaced with tommy guns from the film Bugsy Malone
Pea shooters would be good!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Could have?

Sounds like the rest of your emotion based logic.

Learn to think for yourself.

I had to get my gun when I was beaten until my face broke and eyeball popped then sliced up and stabbed by an assailant in my home.

It was a terrifying blood bath. I'm not going to go into anymore detail than that.

I hope noone ever has to deal with the kind of violent s!it I went through.

And I am damn sure not going to try and influence the public to disarm.

People are violent, and those that aren't deserve a chance to protect themselves.

A wacko hurting kids isn't enough to take away your right to defend your life.

You may mean well, but in the real world, your opinion falls flat.

Only when faced with ignorance and denial! Have you ever taken a bullit! Doubtful!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You want to use drugs as an example? Really? Like the drugs that are already illegal, that we have been fighting a so-called war on for decades? Clearly legislation has NOT had the desired affect. And it never has with guns either. So please tell me why you want to waste more time and effort following a path that has been proven unsuccessful time after time...

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You want to use drugs as an example? Really? Like the drugs that are already illegal, that we have been fighting a so-called war on for decades? Clearly legislation has NOT had the desired affect. And it never has with guns either. So please tell me why you want to waste more time and effort following a path that has been proven unsuccessful time after time...

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Ooooooooooh, an emotional response from someone with a logical response to your topic.

Sounds about right for someone of your speed.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Good luck with tools that are both inappropriate and not effective. If you think that 17 killed at a school last week is not a massive problem then...well...no hope. Just more of the same! There is no gain without some pain for some who wont like it! Selfish!

Its a problem, and as i've already laid out, the problem exists with people not doing their jobs:

- 2 failures by the FBI to follow up on tips, one of which was absolutely credible
- 1 failure by the school to notify authorities when a violent incident had caused a student to be expelled
- 36 individual failures by the social services who chose to never act when the police were called to this kids home

All of the above...there are laws and regulations in place for which were ignored. It didn't work because the people responsible couldn't be bothered with doing their jobs.

And your solution isn't to address them, but to give them more tools that they will refuse to use? Do you not see how ridiculously futile this is?

ETA: ill point out that only one of us is calling people names. You realize you castrate your argument when you resort to ad homs, right?
edit on 2/20/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

When will people stop blaming objects for the actions of a person that is in already violation of existing LAWS?

Probably when the US stops having mass murders with guns...or when they start enforcing the laws on the books, or when they stop deflecting and pretending like we don't have a violent gun culture...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join