It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First it is rifles and next it will be handguns....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Honestly guys if people could not get guns then they would just crowd rush in a f#cking truck and that would be the "go to way" of causing death on a large scale..

The US needs better parents, getting rid of the PC BS that stopped honest debate and needs to start asking serious questions on how to fix a obviously damaged society, I say that coming from the fast approaching sh#t storm we are facing in Europe...

Recently I did a quick search,

When I was about 6 or 7 I had a tic, kinda fast blinking face movement, quite common TBH in children that age and I grew out of it in a few years..

Anyway for sh#ts and giggles I quickly searched what a Tic was and straight away I got how it is treated with X.Y.Z drug, ADHD compulsive disorder and so on.. If I was faced with that BS at that age no doubt I would have looked at life different and f#ck knows what the meds would do???......

RA

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You can also join the air force and be a drone pilot at 18. Dropping bombs and loosing cannon rounds at people, via a joystick and a computer monitor.

That scares me even more.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Stick your crying comment in your ass Intro. I try to be civil with you but you are not the OP and stop telling people what they 'mean' you narcissist.

I posed a question.

So, please, with your infinite wisdom, tell me what the 'common sense' solution is. We are all waiting for the real answer....

(post by aethertek removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They should make bump stocks illegal. AR15 type guns are actually desired by people who are loose cannons, they impress them and they feel like a soldier. Now the vast majority of people having them are not a problem, but they still brag them up.

I have old pump, bolt action, and lever action rifles, they are not intimidating and do not seem impressive to people. I can not rapid fire with them....so I became an excellent shot when I was young. I used to be able to trim twigs off a tree fifty feet away. But my guns are not impressive, they are nothing to brag about or show off. If I need protection they will work fine though, I do not need an impressive gun. My guns can kill just as well as an AR15, I just have limited speed and ammo in them.

The AR15 does make some people who are loose cannons more of a problem. It makes them feel confident and powerful.

I think our government should work on building a database of loose cannons and people who are expressing killing people in their social media posts. These people should not own guns, I was on epileptic meds which screwed up my judgement for five years, during that time my guns were not used at all. I couldn't trust my perception when hunting, I did not want to hit anyone and that includes knowing what is behind your shot. Many times there are houses behind where you shoot when shooting at game, if your sense of direction is off or short term memory is bad because of meds, a person should not be hunting. Maybe in a blind with a single safe direction to shoot in is fine for some old people. Many meds nowadays mess with our thinking, whenever acetylcholine is inhibited it makes more risk.
edit on 20-2-2018 by rickymouse because: word not correct.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Simple solutions;

Raise age to buy any semi auto to 21. Allow sales to under 21 if gun is safeguarded by a range. If it is to be shot outside of a range then it can be signed out to a sponsoring adult for a specified time period.

Improve our criminal reporting systems and improve background checks. Try to ensure everyone responsible does their job to the fullest so people do not fall in the cracks. Have a speedy appeal process for those who feel a mistake has been made.

Do not allow gun ownership for those on drugs for mental conditions. Make a gun check part of the prescription process for these drugs.

Fund organizations who help kids get their crap together and teach them Life Skills so they have a chance of succeeding in the world.

Create state miilitias to guard against tyranny from the Feds.

Agreed apart from your last suggestion about state militias... any Tom Dick and Harry can join if not properly vetted by competent people.

Just my opinion as an outsider of the USA but also a gun owner (France)

Kindest respects

Lagomorphe

Except the militias people can join are not sponsored by the states. They generally are formed around a certain political affiliation.

My stance is do these things and then have everyone put a cork in about the gun issue.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Simple solutions;

Raise age to buy any semi auto to 21. Allow sales to under 21 if gun is safeguarded by a range. If it is to be shot outside of a range then it can be signed out to a sponsoring adult for a specified time period.

Improve our criminal reporting systems and improve background checks. Try to ensure everyone responsible does their job to the fullest so people do not fall in the cracks. Have a speedy appeal process for those who feel a mistake has been made.

Do not allow gun ownership for those on drugs for mental conditions. Make a gun check part of the prescription process for these drugs.

Fund organizations who help kids get their crap together and teach them Life Skills so they have a chance of succeeding in the world.

Agreed apart from your last suggestion about state militias... any Tom Dick and Harry can join if not properly vetted by competent people.

Kindest respects

Lagomorphe

Except the militias people can join are not sponsored by the states. They generally are formed around a certain political affiliation.

My stance is do these things and then have everyone put a cork in about the gun issue.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yes, there is a common sense solution. Problem is that the Right Wingers that call themselves "pro-2nd" and the media that push these narratives don't seem to want to hear or understand it.

Common sense eh?

Amendment II A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

www.law.cornell.edu...

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

The solution is for people to read, not ignore it.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here's something else all the 'common sense' folks ought to READ.

The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) is an act of the U.S. Congress prohibiting any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a loaded or unsecured firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(25)

en.wikipedia.org...

How bout being PRO reading and comprehension?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Simple solutions;

Kindest respects

Lagomorphe

That's right if you want to join a "militia", join the National Guard, not some white racist wanna-be Rambo group.

K~

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

That's right if you want to join a "militia", join the National Guard, not some white racist wanna-be Rambo group.

Like Antifa?

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Did you also know that SCOTUS overturned it but it was rewritten...

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Stick your crying comment in your ass Intro. I try to be civil with you but you are not the OP and stop telling people what they 'mean' you narcissist.

Perhaps you do not know what narcissism is.

And yes, you are crying. Not sending a warning.

So, please, with your infinite wisdom, tell me what the 'common sense' solution is. We are all waiting for the real answer....

The solution is for you and others to simply deal with it. No matter how much the Left cries about needing to ban or restrict firearms and no matter how much the Right cries about the Left coming to take away our firearms, neither is going to work and an outright confiscation/ban is not going to happen.

We have a constitutional right and when people misuse that...bad things can happen. That is life and we cannot change that.

For the Left or people like yourself to use these issues in order to push political agendas and narratives is BS.
edit on 20-2-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yes, there is a common sense solution. Problem is that the Right Wingers that call themselves "pro-2nd" and the media that push these narratives don't seem to want to hear or understand it.

Common sense eh?

Amendment II A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

www.law.cornell.edu...

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

The solution is for people to read, not ignore it.

I actually agree Neo. The only problem is that you are guilty of only being pro-2nd when the wielder of that right conforms to your political and religious ideals.

But we have been through that many times.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: neo96

Did you also know that SCOTUS overturned it but it was rewritten...

Yeah.

Convictions upheld post-Lopez under the revised Gun Free School Zones Act include:

United States v. Danks (Eighth Circuit 1999)
United States v. Smith (Sixth Circuit 2005)
United States v. Dorsey (Ninth Circuit 2005)
United States v. Nieves-Castaño (First Circuit 2007)
United States v. Weekes (Third Circuit 2007)
United States v. Benally (Tenth Circuit 2007)
United States v. Cruz-Rodriguez (First Circuit 2008)

It also includes 1000 feet from school property.

The First Circuit Court of Appeals sustained a GFSZA conviction in the 2007 case of United States v Nieves-Castaño for a firearm kept in a woman's apartment, which was part of a public housing project within 1000 feet of a school.[8] I

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse. AR15 type guns are actually desired by people who are loose cannons, they impress them and they feel like a soldier.

So are big trucks that would make a rather good mass killing weapon...

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I actually agree Neo. The only problem is that you are guilty of only being pro-2nd when the wielder of that right conforms to your political and religious ideals.

No.

But we have been through that many times.

Yep.

Save it for another time.

Being pro second is being PRO second.

As the RIGHT was meant to be.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: Edumakated

Bullets have no place in innocent children

Oh stop.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Simple solutions;

Kindest respects

Lagomorphe

I think it is just the word and meaning of militia that scares the crap out of me.

I’m European living in France and my wife’s family learned what militia meant during the WW2 years sadly. (Most of her family were resistance)

Warmest respects

Lagomorphe

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: aethertek

Like Antifa?

It's not "Anti-Fa" running around posing with their penis extenders threatening second amendment solutions.
No that would be the sad sack limp little white nationalist klanazi pukes doing that.

The good thing about the reich-wing posing is it has alerted the rest of the country to the need for an armed response to the traitors among us.

Hence the recent uptick in left wing organizations creating a response to these threats from the reich-wing by creating their own "gun enthusiast" groups.

K~

edit on 20-2-2018 by aethertek because: hfyg

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join